Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be great to have an interstate membership ( not victorian)that includes games entry. I know it could be a logistical nightmare depending on the draw, so may be an option of a one or two game interstate membership could work. As I am from Adelaide atm it only makes sense to buy a supporter membership as would be the case for WA, Tas and NSW. I would be willing to pay more for the inclusion of games so it could only benefit the club. If not I will still buy my tickets separately so I can watch my mighty club.
Thanks

Nice initiative.

There is talk of the girls academy expanding. If so what form would this expansion take and what age would you be looking to identify talent?

Any chance we can have a Vic 3 game membership?
The current traditional Vic is 6 Melb games and 5 Gabba games.
I talked to a few friends with kids it is not easy to get to all 6 games unfortunately and getting the family of six to the Gabba for 5 games is a stretch :)

Are there any plans for a return of the Lions official podcast? It could be a good time to bring it back for the back half of the season with the ever charismatic Mitch Robbo out for the year! There is a good fan/Bigfooty podcast but it is not the same as club content. Worth adding that I was hoping to keep J Paine at the club partly for morale but also partly just for his podcast game!

On a related note I really enjoy audio only content (great while driving or washing up if you don't have much time for videos) and I appreciate the updates to Audioboom when they come through, it's great to hear the players and officials talk to different media outlets with a range of topics and tones.

Thanks for making this engagement effort overall Lions, good to see.

As much as i enjoy the Saturday afternoon 440pm game, is the club lobbying the AFL to get rid of this time slot for our club. Everyone involved in local senior footy in Brisbane cannot attend at this time, hence limiting the opportunity for the Brisbane faithful to attend games at this time. We can't afford to limit the amount of AFL lovers attending our games.

It'd be cool to know who the top 5 at the club are for different things in terms of runs, sprints, beep tests, vertical jump, clean hands etc.
As in, repeat the tests done at the combines.
Make it a fun 'recombine' for the players where they share stories about their build up. It'd be good for some of the younger guys to hear the vulnerability of the older guys, and also for the fans to see how they perform.

It'd be cool to know who the top 5 at the club are for different things in terms of runs, sprints, beep tests, vertical jump, clean hands etc.
As in, repeat the tests done at the combines.
Make it a fun 'recombine' for the players where they share stories about their build up. It'd be good for some of the younger guys to hear the vulnerability of the older guys, and also for the fans to see how they perform.

To make it better for fans you could run a competition through website for us to guess:
- who are too 5 fastest over 50m
- highest beep test
Etc.

Any chance of a more reasonably priced Victorian membership? Currently it is cheaper for me to pay at the gate than buy a membership. When I contacted the club previously I was told it is because you get access to games at the GABBA, but lets be honest 99.9% of Victorian members won't ever get to attend a GABBA game.

like what?
The players being more engaged with the fans after the game when walking the fence.

Fagan talked about what some of the little wins were from the GWS game. Hopefully we some more on this during the week with the Coaches videos.

Just small things mentioned here. They all add up.

Lions insider- Can I ask that you pass on our thanks to the boys for walking the fence after the game, it was great for my kids to be able to shake hands with some players and also a chance for us older supporters to pass on our messages of support for the players. It was also great to see a few not playing walking around the stadium and engaging with fans. We might be Brisbane, but we are a community club. Thanks!

Lions Insider - in the "Some thoughts on how the Lions got terrible, and how they could stop being terrible" thread, it was stated that it was rare to see people in Lion's clothing around Brisbane these days. It got me thinking that I should make an effort to wear more often -especially if I am on public transport. It has been a conversation starter and I am always happy to speak about football.

Here is my crazy idea: encourage everyone wear Lions stuff the next Monday after our next win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions Insider - in the "Some thoughts on how the Lions got terrible, and how they could stop being terrible" thread, it was stated that it was rare to see people in Lion's clothing around Brisbane these days. It got me thinking that I should make an effort to wear more often -especially if I am on public transport. It has been a conversation starter and I am always happy to speak about football.

Here is my crazy idea: encourage everyone wear Lions stuff the next Monday after our next win.
Great idea. Get them to post it on social media too.

I catch a lot of public transport.

Father and young son on my bus this morning. Kid was wearing a Lions hat.

I almost always wear a Lions t-shirt on my way to work on the bus on weekends and often wear my Lions polo or t in public. Good chance if you see a 40 something bloke at Carindale shopping centre in a Lions shirt, it's me.

If I see another person wearing Lions gear, I'll give them a nod.

Would be great to have an interstate membership ( not victorian)that includes games entry. I know it could be a logistical nightmare depending on the draw, so may be an option of a one or two game interstate membership could work. As I am from Adelaide atm it only makes sense to buy a supporter membership as would be the case for WA, Tas and NSW. I would be willing to pay more for the inclusion of games so it could only benefit the club. If not I will still buy my tickets separately so I can watch my mighty club.
Thanks
This is something we have looked at previously, but timing is our biggest factor given the fixture is only released in October each year. Our membership & ticketing team are currently investigating different options for 2018 so watch this space!

Any thought ever been given to providing additional incentives to long term members as some sort of loyalty bonus? Like a 1 percent discount for each year of consecutive membership or something (maybe capped at 10 percent)?

The club seems to do a fair bit to attract new members but feels like the loyal rusted-ons get taken for granted sometimes.

I know there is some small extra benefits to gold/platinum members like store discounts etc but that requires you to spend more money to actually reap the benefits, and most of us have already accumulated tonnes of merchandise over the years.

There's a few old stalwarts that sit in my section that seem like they might be one or two more bad seasons away from walking. An small but material acknowledgement for them sticking fat through some bad years might be the difference between keeping them (and their families) for the long term.

Last edited:
Any chance of a more reasonably priced Victorian membership? Currently it is cheaper for me to pay at the gate than buy a membership. When I contacted the club previously I was told it is because you get access to games at the GABBA, but lets be honest 99.9% of Victorian members won't ever get to attend a GABBA game.

The cost of the Victorian memberships are dependent on the amount of games played in Melbourne. The 5 games included for our home games at the Gabba are actually thrown in complimentary to enhance the Victorian membership so this doesn’t affect the cost/value of the membership.

Would be a nice idea (not sure how practical ) if the club played a pre season intra club game in Melbourne. Gets the players away from the Brisbane humidity and although it can be very hot in Melbourne during summer if you start the game at say 5.30pm and play for two hours it should be cooler. Sun will still be out at 7.30pm. BBQ after game for all the Lions based Melbourne fans for a meet and greet with players and officials. Could even try to get the game played at Fitzroys old ground Brunswick street oval in Fitzroy? Be perfect on say a Friday arvo so those who work in the city can drop in after work. The players would also then have the weekend to themselves.

Can the club release any info from the coaches meeting at Gils house?

Not just whether Fagan brought a Shiraz or Cab Sav, but actually what footy stuff was discussed

Can the club release any info from the coaches meeting at Gils house?

Not just whether Fagan brought a Shiraz or Cab Sav, but actually what footy stuff was discussed

My academy question was ignored and this is 1000x more likely to be ignored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back