Wimbledon 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love lukeparker to crawl into the hole he crawled out of.

Incredible fight from kok this is amazing backs to the wall fight

I was happy to see Kokkanakis fight he did well. However, I want to se the best matchups in the later rounds. Ideally I want the top seeds going through.

Kokk will be better for the run and he will do well going forward just needs to play more tournaments and get his ranking up

we were desperate.

TBF, Teenage Tomic made the quarters here one year. On Tomic, there are some interesting quotes from his press conference.

and interesting quotes from the older Zverev

“I think also he didn't feel 100 per cent today, because he called the doctor at some point, and there were a few games when I felt like he was struggling,” Zverev said.

“I don't know what was wrong with him but I could definitely tell he was not 100 per cent.

“But then on the other hand it kind of made it almost tougher for me, because I didn't know what to expect, because between points he was walking slowly, and he definitely acted like something was wrong.

“But then he would still, you know, if the ball is within reach, he would still hit the ball hard, especially with the forehand, place it well, and hit a lot of winners.

Well he's honest. Doesn't shock any of us though. I stand by with the comment I made a couple of pages back.
yep. you were spot on. before the Aus media sharpen their pens, one more thing from the press conference

it is a story all too familiar in Tennis, especially with Dads like Tomics. Agassi is the obvious example.

I cannot be the only one that is legitimately ashamed that Tomic represents this country.
I cannot stand his attitude.

You ain't the only one. Happy every time he loses early as I can't stand him one bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep. you were spot on. before the Aus media sharpen their pens, one more thing from the press conference

it is a story all too familiar in Tennis, especially with Dads like Tomics. Agassi is the obvious example.

What else did he say in his presser?

If I was Tomic, I would take a break. It's best for him just to get away from tennis for a year or so and if he feels motivated to come back then the door is open.

Or just play for money. It sucks to a lot of us and is kind of not cool but some athletes are just there for the cheque once they lose that determination.

I have no doubt it will come back to him but when? Don't know.

Last edited:
Well they fooled me lol

Look it's a decent match but why on earth they can't have 2 channels live at the same time has me stumped. Play one court on 7, one on 72. It isn't rocket surgery.

I mean tonight I would have liked to see more than 6-7 games of Dasha...

I've had a bad day on the tennis front...

Firstly, I only just found out my beloved Anna Ivanovic has retired. I just assumed I didn't see her in the Aussie Open because she'd been knocked out early as per usual.

Then tonight I thought I might have actually found an Aussie player worthy of being a tennis crush, only to discover she's married to Tyrone Vickery. I can't respect a girl with such poor taste in footballers.

Tomic's comments make people uncomfortable and I kinda love it.

People have got to stop feeling like they have ownership over athletes in individual sports. The irony is when country has been on the line he's gone 17-4.

That being said, I've stopped caring about Tomic having a meaningful career a while ago. And that's fine. Comparing Kyrgios to him is easy, but also lazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back