2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

So when he plays, one of them actually has to man him, rather than playing as the spare. Which is very important.

If Tabs was playing tomorrow they'd have to play McGovern on him. He's not playing so McGovern will not have an opponent.
Schofield or Barrass could easily play on Taberner. Nyhuis will almost certainly man up McGovern, which would have happened if Tabs was playing or not playing.

Credit to Taberner. A great performance from him to back up from last week. Sure his opponents struggled with his height but like I don't think he should be excused for it being wet or behind Pav, it works both ways. Does prove he can make an impact in wet conditions. Although if he makes Freo's B22 next week we might need Roger being out there as a runner to fire him up each quarter.

Really liking Sutcliffe in a mid/fwd role. Like others I wouldn't be against rewarding his consistent WAFL efforts so long as they don't push him back to half back ever again.

Bennell really is a class above. His goal kicking radar is still warming up. Even with limited minutes and countless other restrictions he could have kicked 5. Pretty clear from the reaction after his goal that everyone is 100% behind him. And once he is fully firing everyone will be literally behind him.

Thought Deluca had some important moments of impact but not the best game I have seen from him. Although I really liked how he stepped up in the middle when EP got those 3 junk time goals.

Collins was serviceable but imo not his dominant best down back . Then again, he probably didn't need to be.

Thought Griffin deserved to be amongst the listed bests. Just dominated in the ruck and presented as a tall marking option to move the ball all day. Made Giles look like an amateur.

Ibbotson was also solid all game as you'd expect from a seasoned AFL player. Think the Peel boys would be benefitting a fair bit from his leadership atm.

Gotta love a bit of Dawson. Just plays whatever role he is assigned. Thought he even looked dangerous early on. Silly to get reported (again) though.

I have no idea about Danyle Pearce. Did some good things but a bit meh about him yet again.

As for the young Peel players, I actually thought Naughton was exceptional on debut. Left no doubts this kid will be a great pick up for an AFL club come draft day. Like others, I like Cramer as well - although I think he was better last week. Thought Matthews played probably his best game of the season. And the rest all had pretty serviceable performances.

Unfortunate that Balic, Langdon and Duman all missed, I assume due to injury. Although it would have been an absolute slaughterhouse if they had played.

Jesus East Perth were woeful and if anything, the scoreline flattered them. Had 11 AFL listed players today I think and I'm not sure I'd give pass marks to any of them bar maybe Cole and Partington. The future does not look that bright for West Coast imo.

all young young blokes were serviceable but cramer was the stand out for me
I liked the look of Tassone too, has good awareness. There was no way Harley was going to get hurt. He stayed out of harms way way and loped around. He does look a class above and his goal was so easy, stepped around Buddy like and straight through! Great to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there with the bf and there were a group of about 4 old blokes sitting behind us (one of them getting grumpy with the umps/players). Was that the old blokes from here?
Ugly,foul mouthed,belligerent,no knowledge of the game??
Yeah that's them.
I moved away.

And one more thing- who was number 15 for Peel? Was so skinny I was concerned for his safety out there!
The long streak of weasel piss was our future running backman Damon Cramer.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back