Suburbs with the same name in different cities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Newmarket in Brisbane is almost exactly the same distance from the centre of town as Newmarket in Melbourne is. Both north-west of the CBDs too.

Although whether Melbourne's Newmarket is really a suburb or just a train station on the boundary of Kensington and Flemington is a fair question. Verdict, MaddAdam?

Hawthorne QLD and Hawthorn Vic? I think generally that Melbourne is a bit of an underfunded shithole and it's almost like the ridiculous number of councils are swindling money that could be spent on parks and general cleanliness.

The biggest one is Richmond, which is an exurban area in Sydney and also the end of a train line.

Also Carlton is a middle-class middle surburban area that has nothing of interest really apart from being the home of a rugby league team (so some similarities!). I went to pre-school there.

Hawthorne QLD and Hawthorn Vic? I think generally that Melbourne is a bit of an underfunded shithole and it's almost like the ridiculous number of councils are swindling money that could be spent on parks and general cleanliness.
There's also Hawthorn in Adelaide which is quite a nice, leafy suburb so it's quite similar to the Melbourne one. You'd be the best judge on what the one in QLD is like though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how the thread title is just the OP's inner monologue prior to creating it.

I seem to remember there being a St Kilda in South Australia. Is it like St Kilda in Melbourne with its prozzies grazing the wild savannahs of Grey 'n Greeves?
Our one is about an hour North of the city, and really just a giant swampy wasteland with a big arse playground in the middle of it. Also a couple of popular crabbing spots around it I think.

Not sure about its prostitute situation.

There's a suburb called Kensington in all the 5 mainland capitals, all have quite similar characteristics.

Not sure about the other mainland capitals but the Kensington in Perth is nowhere near as upmarket as the Kensington in London.

There's a St Kilda in Scotland, and Dunedin (Dùn Èideann) is Edinburgh with it's Gaelic undies showing.

Dunedin is a combination of Dundee and Edinburgh, it's like a part of Scotland in the Southern Hemisphere.

Newtown Sydney >> Newtown Geelong >> Newtown Ipswich

Croydon in London and Croydon in Melbourne are very similar shitholes.

Not sure about the other mainland capitals but the Kensington in Perth is nowhere near as upmarket as the Kensington in London.

Nah, I meant they all are similar to each other. All quite old suburbs, all within 5-6km of the CBD, all started life as working class suburbs but have been gentrified due to location.

Edit. There's no Kensington in Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back