Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that north just use pick 1 in the national draft to pick Kelly, not giving it to GWS, just burn the pick.
That's the plan.

FWIW, most a lot of inside word on the north board (yes I know, a massive grain of salt) is that Kelly is staying at GWS.

North will win at least another game at the G against the Loins round 23, finishing with pick 3. Blues will be candidates for pick 2 or unfortunately 1.

The game is at the Gabba

North will win at least another game at the G against the Loins round 23, finishing with pick 3. Blues will be candidates for pick 2 or unfortunately 1.

By that stage we will be playing every kid on the list with all the season ending surgeries senior players need.

That's what I thought could happen. Any GWS supporters comment? I don't know the scenario that well but if North are in the box seat does pick 1 become a good trade for an out of contract Kelly?
If his prefetred destination holds pick 1 it will have to be. There is no leverage we can apply except perhaps goodwill if he can wkak to the draft and get where he wants to go, if he decides to go.
Otherwise we definitely want more.

If his prefetred destination holds pick 1 it will have to be. There is no leverage we can apply except perhaps goodwill if he can wkak to the draft and get where he wants to go, if he decides to go.
Otherwise we definitely want more.

Which club doesn't want "more", no matter who the player?

Josh's actual value is pick 1 and pick 1 only.

As for "goodwill", the amateur antics of the GWS C.E.O., Dave Matthews, has pretty much assured that there won't be any of this.

Which club doesn't want "more", no matter who the player?

Josh's actual value is pick 1 and pick 1 only.

As for "goodwill", the amateur antics of the GWS C.E.O., Dave Matthews, has pretty much assured that there won't be any of this.
Yeah, but it wont be your decision as to the trade value. Making your opinion try and sound like a definitive statement changes nothing.
I was referring to goodwill between the club and Josh.

I was referring to goodwill between the club and Josh.

Is this what GWS calls, "goodwill", because it looks like straight up psychological blackmail to me?

"THE LACK of team success for Adam Treloar at Collingwood and the intense scrutiny on Tom Boyd at the Western Bulldogs would weigh on Josh Kelly's mind as he ponders whether to recommit to Greater Western Sydney, CEO David Matthews says."

Do you believe that this supposed goodwill is going to result in Josh influencing the trade process somehow?

Is this what GWS calls, "goodwill", because it looks like straight up psychological blackmail to me?

"THE LACK of team success for Adam Treloar at Collingwood and the intense scrutiny on Tom Boyd at the Western Bulldogs would weigh on Josh Kelly's mind as he ponders whether to recommit to Greater Western Sydney, CEO David Matthews says."
Dave Matthews, C.E.O. of G.W.S.

Do you believe that this supposed goodwill is going to result in Josh influencing the trade process somehow?
How you got there from what I said troubles me deeply. I'm gonna leave it there.

Think youre looking for something that isnt there. He didnt have a go at the club.
Just said its more than about money.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wheres the link? That reads like editorial comment rather than a quote.

Wheres the link? That reads like editorial comment rather than a quote.

"There's all sorts of things that would be going through his (Kelly's) mind," Matthews said.

"The pressure on someone like Tom Boyd's a factor. Whether the move for Adam Treloar's been successful for him (is) probably something he thinks about too.

"I know he's happy at the club. In saying that, there are big offers that come."

Matthews was asked whether Kelly had received the Giants' best possible offer some time ago.

"That's essentially it. I'm not 100 per cent sure whether the speculation or the numbers that you read are accurate or not, but what I do know is they're the sort of numbers that need to be offered up, in my view, to really take a young man like Josh, or any other young player, away from the opportunity that's in front of them," Matthews said.

"Essentially, you're trying to buy him out of a window that hopefully in the next two-to-three years might keep delivering him an opportunity to become a premiership player. You've got to pay people over the odds to do that. Those offers are there.

"It's very clear to him what the possibilities are with us
so we make that offer and then just sit."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-22/kelly-must-consider-more-than-just-money

Your club needs to ditch this bloke.

He is an amateur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah read the whole thing. That was editorial comment, the quotes are further down and are nothing like that. Well done for getting sucked in to the click bait.

It condensed Matthews quotes.

I can understand why you would tend to dismiss it anyway. The man is a buffoon.

Pick 1 is too much for Kelly. North hold all the cards here.

1 and 19 for Kelly and Hopper. Or we take Kelly in the PSD.

Pick 1 is not too much for Kelly.

Also this threat of PSD is stupid, you aren't even last and there's been nothing to say he even wants to leave GWS or go to North.

Don't think Matthews is a buffoon as such, he's stuck up for his club as he should, his said his club has no interest in players and is forcing the likely top pick they would get from us.

That being said, like some of the players who didn't achieve success at the former clubs, not sure they can really say with a straight face a lot of what they've said. The established players they've picked up im sure didn't leave for peanuts, and GWS have had a much larger scope to recruit players than 90% of the competition.

I have no problem with teams like Brisbane, GC, and GWS having the extra resources to recruit and retain players, players in Josh's position are a massive reason why it's in place.

To me, GWS have played it out too much in public to think that he's staying, on the back of GWS form, and them winning the flag is far from a fait accompli, it's putting a bit too much pressure on him in the media when the team needs to knuckle down and focus on the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back