List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both of ours are worth more to us.

I think all North fans would prefer Mountford to yours as well, we'd much prefer to just resign him.

Tell me about Mountford, what are his strengths and weaknesses.

Tucker is untouchable if we can keep him, we rate him very highly.

Quick, plays inside and outside and a good tank, has good skills, basically everything we can't afford to lose. Can play a variety of positions.

A lot of North fans rate him higher than Ryan Clarke.

Hopefully we both get to keep our talent :)

Seriously though, it's West Coast after him. They have the old, slow, un-dynamic midfield.
This all hinges on Balic. If he is going then this a decent trade. Fits Lyon's style as well from the reports on him. Speed, endurance, decent skills, defensive mindset. That trade makes sense to me. Sheridan a possibility too if North prefer him.

I think all North fans would prefer Mountford to yours as well, we'd much prefer to just resign him.
Would be very surprised if anyone preferred Mountford over Tucker, has kicked multiple goals as a midfielder multiple times already in his second season, is going to be a very good player.

Mountford v Balic is fair enough as they both haven't played too much AFL but look like they will both be good.

Debuted earlier in the season, got injured & missed 4 rounds, got injured again in his round 8 return, came back from injury after missing another 9 weeks.

Took a game high 11 marks in his 3rd career match against essendon on saturday.
I remember his draft year. He was highly rated. Hopefully thats it for injuries

Declan a freo fan home sick
Balic a north fan as a kid home sick
Straight swap , don't go overdrive who value more ,get it done.
Would rather a pick and use it on a small forward or half back flanker. Mountford is no better than most our young mids. Let him go to Weagles if he wants home.

Lamb for Mountford?

Clubs generally trade for needs, not convenient swapsies. I don't think we need a Mountford type.

Last edited:
Would rather a pick and use it on a small forward or half back flanker. Mountford is no better than most our young mids. Let him go to Weagles if he wants home.

Lamb for Mountford?

Clubs generally trade for needs, not convenient swapsies. I don't think we need a Mountford type.
Freo already got two fourth rd pick , I dont think freo will get 2nd or third rd pick for balic.

Last edited:
Freo already got two fourth rd pick , you can forget about getting third rd for balic , our bf fan rate balic but he is damaged good to other club .
Never thought about a third for Balic. But also, who knows if he's "damaged goods" or not. All we know is "it's complicated" ;)

Just don't think Mountford would be getting games for us. Would rather get a pick, or pick upgrade, if Balic was to leave, and try to fill a need.

Clubs just don't generally trade a player for player. Typically it's a player for picks. Last year, only one trade involved two players;

Traded Zach Tuohy and future second round selection to Geelong for Billie Smedts, Pick 63 and Cats’ future first round selection

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...d/news-story/d4e88d18540530dca3bbf9b52b95a9df

Never thought about a third for Balic. But also, who knows if he's "damaged goods" or not. All we know is "it's complicated" ;)

Just don't think Mountford would be getting games for us. Would rather get a pick, or pick upgrade, if Balic was to leave, and try to fill a need.

Clubs just don't generally trade a player for player. Typically it's a player for picks. Last year, only one trade involved two players;

Traded Zach Tuohy and future second round selection to Geelong for Billie Smedts, Pick 63 and Cats’ future first round selection

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...d/news-story/d4e88d18540530dca3bbf9b52b95a9df
If Balic wants to go back to Victoria then we will be unable to negotiate at all. Especially to North. Not that that is a reason to take Mountord, but his profile seems ok to me. We will have plenty of list vacancies I think, and the draft lacks depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What young mids?
All of our youngsters are in the team. Look at Peel's midfield, we don't have any inside mids developing. Sutty, Grey, Deluca have been playing onball but that's not their forte. If Balic leaves we need to draft an inside mid. If the return on Balic is between Mountford and a 4th rounder I'd be grabbing Mountford and running.

Suban is still getting games for us in the midfield!

What young mids?
All of our youngsters are in the team. Look at Peel's midfield, we don't have any inside mids developing. Sutty, Grey, Deluca have been playing onball but that's not their forte. If Balic leaves we need to draft an inside mid. If the return on Balic is between Mountford and a 4th rounder I'd be grabbing Mountford and running.

Agree, let the weagles have Ah Chee. Mountford sounds good, I want him.

What young mids?

How many inside mids do you want? We have more than enough, including Blakely who's playing half back, Weller was recruited as an inside mid, also playing half back. Fyfe, Neale, SHill. Logue could go through there. We have more than enough - if you're worried about Peel not having enough, drop Blakely and Weller to go play in their natural position. Would rather we drafted actual half back flankers than keep playing kids out of position.

How many inside mids do you want? We have more than enough, including Blakely who's playing half back, Weller was recruited as an inside mid, also playing half back. Fyfe, Neale, SHill. Logue could go through there. We have more than enough - if you're worried about Peel not having enough, drop Blakely and Weller to go play in their natural position. Would rather we drafted actual half back flankers than keep playing kids out of position.
What you rather drop blakely and Weller to peel to play their natural position ?

What you rather drop blakely and Weller to peel to play their natural position ?
That would be silly wouldn't it. My point is that we already have enough inside mids, that we're playing some out of position. The other poster pointed to a lack of young developing inside mids at Peel - perhaps they would like Blakely or Weller at Peel? Why would we get another one in Mountford just to play at Peel?

Declan Mountford:

=4th in the 20m sprint testing for his draft group with 2.90s (Ed Langdon = 2.92s, Lachie Weller = 2.92s, Stephen Hill = 2.83s, Bradley Hill = 2.88s)

4th in the beep test, right behind Darcy Tucker at 15.2 (Ed Langdon = 15.3, Bradley Hill = 16.1)

4th in the 3km time trial at 10:02 (Bradley Hill = 9:52)

=5th in the kicking test at 70% (best for the draft class was 80%)

Fairly similar athletic profile to a couple of our outside runners, that also can play inside.

Declan Mountford:

=4th in the 20m sprint testing for his draft group with 2.90s (Ed Langdon = 2.92s, Lachie Weller = 2.92s, Stephen Hill = 2.83s, Bradley Hill = 2.88s)

4th in the beep test, right behind Darcy Tucker at 15.2 (Ed Langdon = 15.3, Bradley Hill = 16.1)

4th in the 3km time trial at 10:02 (Bradley Hill = 9:52)

=5th in the kicking test at 70% (best for the draft class was 80%)

Fairly similar athletic profile to a couple of our outside runners, that also can play inside.
Impressive numbers for an inside midfielder, any idea of his agility?

Interesting, I guess we didn't rate his footballing ability and or size particularly highly given we took Collins before him. I suppose we didn't have enough kpd at that point

I expect so. He is the same size as Brad Hill and we had already picked up Darcy Tucker (who is quite similar) and Balic.

I had heard rumours that we were hoping to pick up Adams so our list manager may have thought we were a tall back short.

Matera, Mountford, Marsh (as cheap depth) would be very handy recruits if we could get them.
Greenwood is a very good player and the right age for our list, although I can not see him leaving Adelaide.

Shoenfield and Ramsay look ok from a far and I would take McGovern if he did not cost too much.

There are a few other players who we could look at to improve our depth and replace list cloggers like Dawson, but would only offer them 1 year deals on low money.

With a big list turn over the next few years, we need to take a few players we wouldn't otherwise look at plus some mature age players to improve our list depth. Ideally we shouldn't be drafting non mature age players past the 4th round (Currently we only have 3 picks inside the 1st 4 rounds, and at least 8 players to move on).

I would rather take a risk with any of these players, than keep Suban for 1 more year.

Brendon Ah Chee (2011 Pick #45) 188cm/84kg - MID
Jackson Ramsay (2012 Pick #38) 183cm/77kg - DEF
Brandon Matera (2010 Prelisted) 175cm/70kg - MID/FWD
Josh Schoenfeld (2015 Pick# 34) 186cm/75kg - MID

Declan Mountford (2015 Pick# 60) 181cm/75kg - MID - No
Nathan Broad (2015 Pick# 67) 192cm/83kg - DEF
Kamdyn McIntosh (2012 Pick #31) 192cm/89kg - Utility
Blaine Boekhorst (2014 Pick #19) 186cm/74kg - MID
Mitch McGovern (2014 Pick #43) 191cm/84kg - FWD
Jarrad Jansen (2013 Pick #36) 192cm/93kg - MID
Harrison Marsh (2012 Pick #44) 188cm/82kg - DEF/MID

Status