Autopsy Rd 19 Blues lose by .... a lot

I don't think I've ever seen a bloke cop more undeserved criticism on this forum than Casboult. His numbers are elite this season given his role. He never gives up, is physical, has hit the scoreboard this year and plays a critical dual-function role.

He is the player we need to protect Harry for the next few years, have no idea why letting him walk for a pick in the 20s (at best) is such a popular notion.
I think another yr for Cas or maybe trade bait...say a pick 30
probably still need him.

Had a good look at our last two games. The thing that concerns me is our lack of team play and dumb footy.

Too many times we have 2-3 players flying for the mark. Good teams protect each other. Too many times we blindly bomb the ball long to a contest rather than hit up a shorter target where a player has worked hard to get free. Too many times we have two players running for the loose ball, both go for it, rather than one shepherding.

So frustrating..

Also, daisy has gone backwards over the last three weeks. Had a very solid month prior, but been ordinary of late. I was hoping he would get another year, but at this rate will be lucky to keep his spot on the list.

Sorry, but for the moment SOJ is one of the plethora of key position players that needs a stint in the reserves.

We need to reduce our KPP by at least 2, SOJ is like Bambi if his name wasn't a Silvagni he'd be getting a game or two in the ressies.

He'll be a good player in time but I'm sure a game or two in the magoos won't do him any harm
I beg to differ,'d play him in back for the rest of the season.Will see plenty of the ball.

Your first paragraph, is spot on. Every single time we tried to group tackle or have 2 players trying to tackle the geelong player stood up, kept his arms free and then it was 3- 4 quick handballs and they were out again. Way way to easy, i understand pressuring the ball carrier but they should be able to summarise a situation and know when to leave their man. That scenario there murdered us last night.
and some of those tackles were so soft. I think White laid the only hard one all night

Lamb is what he is .. no more no less ... has peaked.

Same as White ... he is what he is ...

Our "depth" (I will use that term atm because apparently words like plodders is upsetting) is barely VFL grade.

Until the spots from 12-22 are filled with decent players and the 23-36 listed players are constantly keeping them on their toes for spots .. times will be tough.
Lamb and White are not up to it, not good enough for AFL. This is Lambs third club!

Agree. Might sound like excuses but they're facts.

Another fact, Geelong had an 8 day break compared to our 6 day break. A two day difference at this stage of year might explain why we looked lethargic and slower last night.
Seems to be a common theme with our draw of recent weeks . Teams getting extra rest . Thanfully for a change we have an opposition off a 6 day break next week . Not that i think it will help too much tho .

Brisbane will need to win two games for us to get the spoon. Who are they going to beat?

They've been lucky to avoid the last two. Not this time.

Brisbane play the Suns and North Melbourne at home. They're every chance to win one or both those games. We wont win another most likely.

In fact, if they have a decent win against North and we keep up our current rate of low scoring 30+ point losses, they only need to win one and they'll leap us on percentage (like they did 2 years ago).

If North win one more, and lose to Brissy by a bit, and we keep our current form, we'll finish last.

Not that it matters, because whatever pick we get is likely going to GWS for Kelly. Failing that, we just take it to the draft.

SOJ is like Bambi if his name wasn't a Silvagni he'd be getting a game or two in the ressies.

Kids, this is where punctuation is important.

They weren't calling out "Bambi, no!" but rather "Bambino!"

* but yeah, agree that if Charlie, Harry and Levi are settling in as a forward line, we need an extra onballer. No Bambi - sorry, Bambino.

I don't think I've ever seen a bloke cop more undeserved criticism on this forum than Casboult. His numbers are elite this season given his role. He never gives up, is physical, has hit the scoreboard this year and plays a critical dual-function role.

He is the player we need to protect Harry for the next few years, have no idea why letting him walk for a pick in the 20s (at best) is such a popular notion.
Great post you can add that if Cas doesnt chop out in the ruck and Phillips was fit and were playing 2 rucks in the side Kruezer doesnt have the years he's had as the sole ruckman . Seriously undervalued Casboult this year .

If North win one more, and lose to Brissy by a bit, and we keep our current form, we'll finish last.

Not that it matters, because whatever pick we get is likely going to GWS for Kelly. Failing that, we just take it to the draft.

Gotta admit, I've been thinking we're a chance for another spoon too, which is worrying.

Since when did finishing last become ok at Carlton?

Agree with this 100% - he has the best hands in the comp, his kicking has improved greatly and he is just about the best target in the comp. He has aggression, which we severely lack, looking at you Murphy, and he hurts blokes who get in front of him - I for one definitely don't want t see him go and think once we improve our midfield, he along with Charlie and Harry will form one of the best forward lines.

Gotta admit, I've been thinking we're a chance for another spoon too, which is worrying.

Since when did finishing last become ok at Carlton?

Its not OK, but it was always going to happen. We're turning the list over, and getting games into kids. A bunch of 18-19 year olds dont win games.

This is going to continue for the foreseeable future. We'll finish bottom 3 or so next year as well. Wont make the eight in 2019 but should start to rise. 2020 onwards is when the game heats up.

Once you accept that this is the case it becomes much easier to deal with. The club has been very on point with this. For the next few years you need to look for the 'green shoots' and enjoy the 'journey' back to the top. Were 'sticking to the road map' and we wont deviate from our course.

Agree with this 100% - he has the best hands in the comp, his kicking has improved greatly and he is just about the best target in the comp. He has aggression, which we severely lack, looking at you Murphy, and he hurts blokes who get in front of him - I for one definitely don't want t see him go and think once we improve our midfield, he along with Charlie and Harry will form one of the best forward lines.
Last night was one of his most complete games but....
Casboult mentally drifts in and out of games. Drops chest marks. Fumbles below his knees. Barely averages a goal a game. Misses key set shots. He isnt worth 4 years on 500k+. At 28 next year take the pick in the 30s

Back