Autopsy What just happened? A draw???

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah cause I have been knocking langdon every week nupty.

Im not arguing those players should of went, when the ball was kicked there. My argument is it should never have went there in the first place.
You are trying to argue he kicked to Blair in a 2 on 1 contest.

Y wasn't he kicking to Wells who stood what 5m in front on his own?

Then Wells and Degoey were 'smart' to not contest amd wait for a crumb, whilst Blair was a stunned mullet.

This clearly shows there is a Crows player between Sidebottom and Moore where Moore is running towards and if Langdon tried to honour Moore's lead he risks giving that player a mark on the 50m line so we're back to expecting him to pinpoint a 55m pass with 20 seconds on the clock.

And if you watch the footage rather than stills you can see Moore goes towards that pack of players exactly at the time the ump presses Langdon and hasn't really fully gone for his lead towards the boundary. it's ridiculous to expect Langdon to make that risky a call in a millisecond.

Moore made a mistake by trying to get separation from the rest of players. Wells and Sidey as leaders should have directed him to stand around them and to be defensive and focus on avoiding opposition marks.

No matter how you split it Langdon can only be expected to kick it to a percentage contest in these situations and he kicked it to the only contest the players forward created for him as a target. Moore ran away from the cluster of players, everyone else stayed down and the rest is history.

Fair dinkum. Darcy takes off before the kick.

That Crows player would be Moores step ladder, there is zero chance of him out marking Darcy he would of had to sit under the ball or run back with the flight into Moore...

If the kick is put to sideys left as another option the crows only option it to punch/spoil it out of bounds.

You are trying to argue he kicked to Blair in a 2 on 1 contest.

Y wasn't he kicking to Wells who stood what 5m in front on his own?

Then Wells and Degoey were 'smart' to not contest amd wait for a crumb, whilst Blair was a stunned mullet.

Wells was running away towards darcy...he came back to that contest not too mention the ball goes over his and Degoeys (who was moving up out of the d50) head directly to Blair in the 2v1. The footage is clear as day.

Are you daft? where did I say Degoey and Wells were smart? Blair is prime position to at least attack the ball.
But here is one you haven't thought through both Degoey and Wells have to run with the flight whilst taking care not to make any contact to Kelly or risk the free kick anyway.

But I still think one of them at least should of made an effort along with Blair.

My point is not that they don't deserve a whack for ALL staying down, but that the kick was a poor choice and low percentage to come off in the first place.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the hellfire vitriol that would be directed at Langdon if he had rushed it through for a behind and it got called deliberate?

Insane to suggest that it would have been a good idea.
No it's not as insane as it sounds. It can be done. In any case it's over now.

aEKJB.png

aEyBc.png

aEOLG.png

aEkQP.png

aE9Dj.png
LOL loki.
How did you go at school. If you put this much effort into your studies you would have been a Rhodes Scholar.

Fair dinkum. Darcy takes off before the kick.

That Crows player would be Moores step ladder, there is zero chance of him out marking Darcy he would of had to sit under the ball or run back with the flight into Moore...

If the kick is put to sideys left as another option the crows only option it to punch/spoil it out of bounds.

and Going Deep like that means you go for the Tall not the Short Player

Can't believe you drew on your TV to make a point.
Now that's dedication!

You need me to send you some crayons and how to get out of the maze puzzle too or are you good?

LOL loki.
How did you go at school. If you put this much effort into your studies you would have been a Rhodes Scholar.

I was smart but not wise.;)

I suspect that if Langdon and degoeys contributions to that play had have been reversed, Langdon would still be the one copping it.

He would have gone and spoiled if he were DeGoey mate, evident Langdon is a very good player in tight matches. His performances the past two weeks when it was close have been first class.

Have a forward mid defensive structure and stick to it. What we are all guilty of is analysing the last 2 mins to death. Players are tired, it is close, they don't have time to sit and theorise and contemplate a thesis need to hold to a flexible structure which is instinctive but allows football winning ability. Need to be well drilled. (I actually think this can be Buckley's problem. He over complicates).

They didn't do a lot wrong. Yes they should have forced a stoppage, yes a fist at the end but they positioned themselves to do so just didn't end up executing. Bad luck. Not like the Saints/Richmond rds 6-9 who were a shambles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason Langdon's kick is getting so much attention is because of when it happened. Any other time in the game and nobody looks at it twice. In fact I can recall off the top of my head a kick to De Goey from Dunn after a kick in was to his disadvantage earlier in the quarter. Probably several more examples. We've got a lot more to fix before get to focusing on Langdon's kick. Heck, if we're going to start looking at supposed errors like that we'd never be losing a game.

The only reason Langdon's kick is getting so much attention is because of when it happened. Any other time in the game and nobody looks at it twice. In fact I can recall off the top of my head a kick to De Goey from Dunn after a kick in was to his disadvantage earlier in the quarter. Probably several more examples. We've got a lot more to fix before get to focusing on Langdon's kick. Heck, if we're going to start looking at supposed errors like that we'd never be losing a game.

Maybe if some would just acknowledge that he should have kicked 5-10 metres to the left and move on the Langdon kick wouldn't get so much attention.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I guarantee you there would be a bunch of players who, in their video review of the game, would have been spewing they didn't do something different in the last few minutes of that game. DeGoey would be kicking himself that he didn't contest, as would Wells, even freaking Midgey Blair could have made a body on body contest for that mark. They would all be hating their non effort on that one play. Langdon would definitely be kicking himself that he didn't finish off his good work with a kick 10m further to the left. Dunn was never in a good enough position to effect that shepherd on the mark, he may have been waiting for the play on call.

Point is, would have could have should have, didn't.

This thread has read like a freaking Oliver Stone movie. Long and laborious. I feel like it was the third gunman on the grassy knoll. It was the book depository. It was the magic bullet. It was the freaking McGovern pack mark with no seconds left on the clock. It was the vibe. It was Mabo. It was the Russians. It wasn't ideal...

Nobody else has mentioned it that I've seen - and I imagine that there is no doubt about the rule (I've never considered it in the context of running back) - but if you asked McGovern to answer honestly I think he would admit that he was "off" and if the siren had sounded a few seconds later it would've been a shocker for Adelaide.

Lucky for him he was running dead straight but in my mind there's no doubt he wasn't intending to take the set shot when the siren went.

Maybe if some would just acknowledge that he should have kicked 5-10 metres to the left and move on the Langdon kick wouldn't get so much attention.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shouldn't it be the other way around. Your view is in the minority. In any case, as I was implying, it's nitpicking. I wonder if Goddard's kickout against Sydney triggered this much discussion because that was FAR worse.

Nobody else has mentioned it that I've seen - and I imagine that there is no doubt about the rule (I've never considered it in the context of running back) - but if you asked McGovern to answer honestly I think he would admit that he was "off" and if the siren had sounded a few seconds later it would've been a shocker for Adelaide.

Lucky for him he was running dead straight but in my mind there's no doubt he wasn't intending to take the set shot when the siren went.

I thought he was running back quickly to take his shot with hope of still winning.

I thought he was running back quickly to take his shot with hope of still winning.

You could well be right but something about the way he looked just gave me the impression he had something else on his mind. Moot point and I'm obviously the only person who thought that or it would've come up already :$

You could well be right but something about the way he looked just gave me the impression he had something else on his mind. Moot point and I'm obviously the only person who thought that or it would've come up already :$

It did cross my mind at the time but that was what I thought happened after I saw him throw his head back after the siren went. Think he knew the win was out of the question. I hope he wasn't thinking "s**t I just cost us 2 points by playing on".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back