Preview FACE OFF--ROUND 23, A FLIGHT TO THE TOP

Remove this Banner Ad

Think about it: it'll either be a total dead rubber or at worst a chance to finish second - which confers exactly the same finals advantages as first.

But if we're playing last

We have the opportunity to select our opponent

Not that I endorse throwing a game, we should play to win anyway

The AFL would charge us with throwing a game if we didn't win...

...and not even look at say, Bris v Norf

Seen that kind of manipulation before in other sports and more often than not it bites you in the ass (or arse)...if we need to win for first place, we should win.

Very well done AC!
Did I here someone say "Singapore is the capital of Australia???....Haha! Well we could do worse!.......Jeez those Cleveland Browns. They make Port look like .......us!

And who doesn't like Vegemite? You know it's the sludge left over after making beer! Then we feed it to our kids! How frikken Aussie is that?
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Australia and its people and culture (I live in the US but I'm Canadian, we generally try to know stuff about other countries) but the one thing I still can't figure out is whether anyone actually likes Vegemite or if it's just a joke you all play on foreigners.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about Australia and its people and culture (I live in the US but I'm Canadian, we generally try to know stuff about other countries) but the one thing I still can't figure out is whether anyone actually likes Vegemite or if it's just a joke you all play on foreigners.

I have just finished a breakfast Vegemite with Avocado (squeeze of lemon juice) on toasted sourdough. Absolutely mouth watering ly fabulous ! I grew up on Vegemite and it 'puts a rose in every cheek' ! Ha !l

Poutinely yours, Skooby.

Last edited:
So in reality, if West Coast beats us by a decent amount and Melbourne loses, they'll make the 8.

I wonder what the mindset difference will be between the two teams. We've seen this year there only needs to be a small difference to be a one sided game.

West Coast by 35.

Vegemite is revolting rubbish: can't stand it. My wife likes it, though. She once was picked up taking a tube of it through Singapore customs where it was viewed very, very suspiciously. She explained it was food, not plastic explosive and asked them to try it. They replied, you eat it! Got through in the end.

We love it, plus we get to gross out other countries with it. Best of both worlds.

So in reality, if West Coast beats us by a decent amount and Melbourne loses, they'll make the 8.

I wonder what the mindset difference will be between the two teams. We've seen this year there only needs to be a small difference to be a one sided game.

West Coast by 35.

The scenario you outline is a possibility. However, looking at it from our point of view, if Geelong beats GWS the only damn thing we care about is escaping injuries and suspensions.

If GWS beats Geelong, West Coast isn't getting the chance to run up %

Vegemite ? Even when I go overseas I take a jar with me. Love it

Crows by 27

I will see your vegemite and raise you life cereal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a 4th generation Aussie and I can't stand the stuff.....yuck!

Fosters Lager is the joke.

Vegimite is grouse

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, how spectacular that the one kid said Singapore! I knew you all would appreciate the vast pool of knowledge we have up this way. ;)

I reckon the word should be out for any male Aussies that come stateside to just claim to be the King of Australia. As for the ladies--I have no doubt a claim of being Queen of Australia should work out nicely as well.

Americans. :rolleyes:
I am stunned at how much they know now compared to when we lived there in the 80s. "Oh Australia - that's IN New Zealand isn't it?" and my favourite... "I drove to Australia a few years ago on vacation". Bloody neat trick!

EssendonRich.PNG
EssRich.PNG
Essendon played this trick on Richmond in 2001. Playing well beneath themselves in the final round of the season (22) setting up a rematch the next week in the finals. Essendon were in top form come qualifying final day.

I am stunned at how much they know now compared to when we lived there in the 80s. "Oh Australia - that's IN New Zealand isn't it?" and my favourite... "I drove to Australia a few years ago on vacation". Bloody neat trick!

Who hasn't ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back