2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final : Adelaide Crows v Richmond Tigers - 14:30 AEST, Sep 30, 2017 MCG

Which team will win the 2017 AFL Grand Final?

• Adelaide Crows

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 112 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a lot of Richmond guernseys being worn this week. The amusing thing today (having been out since 8am), I've seen more clash guernseys worn by peopke than the traditional. One wonders if they've had them since original release OR since the match day guernsey announcement..... They've rushed out so they look identical on match day.
Who cares?

Geez you're a miserable campaigner.

It's Grand Final day, lighten up.

Several people who know have commented on the nerves felt a by a couple if tige players. This plus the Young Ones in the forward line spell trouble for the Tigers. They will bring the pressure, but skills pay the bills and Crows will kick the easier goals on the back of tigers nervous turnovers. Crows will get early goals and not look back, to win by 8 goals in a disappointing GF.

Several people who know have commented on the nerves felt a by a couple if tige players. This plus the Young Ones in the forward line spell trouble for the Tigers. They will bring the pressure, but skills pay the bills and Crows will kick the easier goals on the back of tigers nervous turnovers. Crows will get early goals and not look back, to win by 8 goals in a disappointing GF.
If we bring our effort and pressure, I think we can win this. Yes, Adelaide are the more skillful side, but is hard to be very skillful when the opposition brings the heat and pressure.

Who cares?

Geez you're a miserable campaigner.

It's Grand Final day, lighten up.

You need to stop being so paranoid. It was an observation if I was taking a pot shot I would be much more creative :)

Its supporters like Mick Molloy AND YOU ;) that make me wish for a 100 point Tigers thumping by the mighty crows!

Last edited:
If we bring our effort and pressure, I think we can win this. Yes, Adelaide are the more skillful side, but is hard to be very skillful when the opposition brings the heat and pressure.
In that case, Crows by 10 goals!

8HH_6zeCClYeqXzsPFrLCkDEWZA_DNsIl8SB6hq-LHB8arVoproXxGddxp5huzvfPhtvcKSI7uB4s7kTM9dnpwd71iGTe95fYJA-fMZftQOR2LnddBjjiCG5FDMpfX92wQ=w400-h312-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Richmond playing today? I didn't realise as they only mentioned them 470 times on channel 7 this morning.

Adelaide are better and will win. A special side with a beautiful game style, elite pressure and sublime skills. Only inaccurate goalkicking will stop us.
Yeah such a special side to only finish 2 points at the end of the H&A season ahead of us and have identical winning margins against the two teams both Adelaide and Richmond beat, yeah special.

Adelaide 4.3.27 8.5.53 14.9.93 18.12.120
Richmond 3.1.19 7.8.50 9.10.64 13.11.89

First goal kicker: Josh Jenkins
Norm Smith Medal: Matt Crouch (33 touches, one goal)
Surprise packet: Josh Jenkins (4 goals)
Best player for Richmond: Martin (28 touches, one goal)
Leon Davis Medal (worst on ground): Jason Castagna

One of our most anticipated grand finals for a while. Should be a cracker with two team knowing there styles thoroughly. Small forward line vs conventional back line. This game may change the way AFL is played in future, that is what's intriguing.

Of course GO TIGERS!!

Hey, at least you don't have hartigan. The biggest turnover merchant under pressure going around.

Well done to the crows and tigers for making it but imo this is collectively by far and away the worst 44 players to run out on gf day. Obviously the eveness of the comp is a big factor but the talent pool over 18 sides is just not there imo. These two sides would get absolutely smashed by the lions circa 2002 and the cats circa 2007 . Regardless hoping for a cracking game.

Seriously who gives a s**t?

I'm sure there's flag teams in history who would have smashed the lions/Geelong teams of 02/07.. how would you know unless they actually played anyway.

Didn't know every team had to be the best in history to be a worthy flag winner.

Well done to the crows and tigers for making it but imo this is collectively by far and away the worst 44 players to run out on gf day. Obviously the eveness of the comp is a big factor but the talent pool over 18 sides is just not there imo. These two sides would get absolutely smashed by the lions circa 2002 and the cats circa 2007 . Regardless hoping for a cracking game.
Just salt. You have no clue how these teams would match up against those sides. And who gives a s**t... but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. If telling yourself this is the worst grand final in history , yet your team wasn't even good enough to make finals then I don't know what that says about them, or how it makes you feel better, but hey. Whatever works for you.

Yeah such a special side to only finish 2 points at the end of the H&A season ahead of us and have identical winning margins against the two teams both Adelaide and Richmond beat, yeah special.

You guys seriously like to be selective with your stats don't you.

It was 2 points, 2 rounds and 18% ahead in the H&A.

Also while the margins may have been identical, only 1 side had their finals won in the first quarter and it wasn't Richmond.

I actually think he or Townsend will have a stevie J or Rioli match and just find themselves in the right place at the right time and kick 5.
Castagna I feel is either going to boss it and kick 3 or have 4 touches and no score. Townsend will kick his goal or two I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back