Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, let me say that I think it's highly unlikely that Murphy would leave the club, and I don't want him to either but just imagine IF both of Gibbs AND Murphy left in the same year as contracted players.
That could POTENTIALLY be up to 4 first round draft picks added to the clubs picks.
IF we were also successful in recruiting Rockliffe via free agency (free hit), Kennedy, Smith and Scully? Lang? (assuming Motlop goes to GC instead of Lang), Balic for a late pick and likely to have a few others that we haven't even heard about yet on the radar as well.
That would be a massive trade period without even going into who may come in from the Murphy picks. Sloane? Gaff?

As I said, I really don't think it will happen but the can of worms is massive.

Hopefully the conversation goes like this:

GWS: We want pick 3.
SOS: Then throw in Scully and your future first.
GWS: Not keen on that, what else do you have other than your future 2nd?
SOS: Pick 38
GWS: what else?
SOS: What high-value contracts do you want to churn? Shaw? Mumford?
GWS: You can't talk us out of value, we need to go to the draft.
SOS: I've set my price.

[SOS contacts Scully's manager, who then leaks the story to the press]
[Scully requests trade to Carlton if possible]

SOS: Kennedy and Smith for the future 2nd and you can keep Scully.
GWS: [sullen voice] ok
Hopefully the conversation doesn't go like that.

That would be pretty poor form to contact a player, go through the process of them thinking that we are serious about recruiting them, waste their time in meetings, medicals etc, get them to nominate us and then for us to say "sorry not going to happen, we were just bluffing the whole time".

Wouldn't put us in a good light to future potential trade-ins.

Wanna hear Gibbs talk like Judd with regard to his club getting fair compensation.
Reckon his actions on the field did that Thy. He genuinely loves the club. Hated his situation this time last year, but things have been adjusted to make life much easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Kennedy nominate us and Smith more than likely what our confidence level on Rockliff choosing us someone give me a percentage level

Well considering its apparently between us and Port, then 50% would be the most likely number.;)

Brilliant.

Saad?

It would appear almost impossible to get all of Kennedy, Smith and Saad if Gibbs stays.

Anyone else open to keeping Gibbs and trading pick 3 to get it done? It's our only other tradable asset.
If the net result was something like pick 3 for Kennedy, Smith, Saad and a second round pick i'd do it for sure.

There seems to be more question marks on the top draftees this year than most others...none appear to be rated as guaranteed stars.
Rayner has endurance concerns and even the likes of Dow, LDU etc aren't as 'standout' as previous years and if we get Rockliff, Kennedy & Smith, they aren't the type of mids we need that badly when added to Cuningham, SPS, Fisher, Cripps, Gibbs and Murphy.

Achieve this for just one pick and get Rockliff and we are talking finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back