News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm extremely annoyed.

We rookied him from obscurity, raw athlete we turned into a footballer, gave him contracts based on potential, kept selecting him despite massive inconsistencies.

Now he enters his prime, under contract, team just made a GF...he owes this group and club but instead he takes the pathetic, selfish option cos his girlfriend doesn't wanna be here.

Get stuffed Charlie, I regret putting #23 on my guernsey.

All that said, we better get a good pick and not piss down development years on another softy who can't stick it out in one of the top 10 most livable cities in the world.

Anyone would think we are the Kabul Crows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for Charlie, footy wise he wanted to stay

His hand was forced to a certain degree and I hope that his partner does appreciate the personal sacrifice that he has made
He weighed it up and chose to go. Simple.

It's not like he has a wife and kids.

Thanks for nothing Charlie.

As long as he doesn't request a trade to the Swans I wish him luck.
Sorry for intruding, I think he wants to go to Queensland, Brisbane Lions specifically.

Bad luck guys, it must be tough to keep having players leave.

Patience is wearing thin, and the fun of football is diminishing.

However, it sounds like Charlie is genuinely leaving for family reasons, and isn't chasing the cash. So, IF we are fairly compensated for this, I will hold no grudges against him and wish him all the best.

If we get screwed and he ends up at Sydney, then he's no better than the rest of the flogs.

We hold all the cards on this one. He's contracted for next year. If we don't offered a fair trade, he stays another year. Simple.

He weighed it up and chose to go. Simple.

It's not like he has a wife and kids.

Thanks for nothing Charlie.
yeah hopefully the door hits you on the way out. maybe catches you on the heel and peels a bit of skin back. that s**t really stings.

... whatevs ...

just keep kicking with your shin like in your qualifying final so I can reminisce about old time.

Is there a single player on our list who would rather * around with loads of women (like many 20 year olds) than have a long-term relationship?

We need to balance our list out with some of those types.

Less of this "I've been dating my high school sweetheart from interstate since I was 17" rubbish. More Tinder addicts and one-night-stand enthusiasts.

Possibly with Sam Mayes as steak knives?
Level swap does it for me, slots straight into Brodie's half back spot, both contracted so pretty fair deal IMO, would also look at Tom Cutler who I know we rated highly in his draft year. Ridiculous to suggest Sam Mayes is a steak knives type player by the way, he was a 1st round pick and has played some decent football in a shambolic team environment up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back