News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you meant to do if you appeal and you lose it? Appeal again?
Do what the big Vic clubs do - call it out in the media. Make a statement about it.
We always walk away quietly with our tail between our legs, waiting for the next time we cop a smacking.
Guess what!
It happened again today with the AFLW side.

Retire it? What’s the obsession? It’s a two digit guernsey number not the ark of the covenant.

Give it to the next player that wants it regardless of ability or race and see what happens.
Can’t say it’s brought much recent good luck re: keeping the guy in 23 long-term lol

Besides, we’re bound to have a few number gaps next year, with only 42 players on the list and ROB/Gollant/Strachan/Keane all in numbers 43 and above (though Keane probably gets a lower number next year)

He had an offer on the table. In fact we we made several offers.
He chose not to sign.

I can't blame him. He copped an wildly unfair suspension that was more about being a Crows player than the actual act. We accepted it and said nothing.
We made him come back through the SANFL. He got injured and missed more games. It took a long time for him to get back in the AFL team.

I'd hardly say we showed that we valued him highly.

his contract offer would have reflected that we rate Murphy's output higher.

Do what the big Vic clubs do - call it out in the media. Make a statement about it.
We always walk away quietly with our tail between our legs, waiting for the next time we cop a smacking.
Guess what!
It happened again today with the AFLW side.
Of the dozens of players suspended this year, how many times did Victorian clubs come out and vocally complain?

People keep saying that but surely we don’t need that many, he won’t be right at the pointy end and GC have 2 top tier and another not far away and they’ve managed it.
They’re banking picks around this 2nd round range though, which we have done here. Maybe don’t need them all if Welsh isn’t projected to go as high, but then you can just do some pick swaps next year.

They’re banking picks around this 2nd round range though, which we have done here. Maybe don’t need them all if Welsh isn’t projected to go as high, but then you can just do some pick swaps next year.
I don’t think we’re banking for him rather should be banking to get ahead of him.

Not too disappointed with F2 for McAdam.
So much for us rejecting it tho...how long did that last?
Sooo we Death Ride melb and on we go.
Could easily end up being pick 29-31, so some handy points I guess..
Well there’s only a day left and we weren’t getting a better deal, so I would say we lasted as long as we could

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times did they get shafted? Funny that.
If McAdam had played for Collingwood and was hit like that, they would have made a huge song and dance.
Go to any club board and they'll say 80% of suspensions were pure shafting.

De Goey got three weeks for a similar hit.

MAYBE Maynard makes sense with why you're saying but that's about it, and that was complicated.

McAdam did a dumb hit. Worth appealing but also not a massive surprise that he got what he got.

An uncontracted 29 year old forward that has never played a full season is somehow worth more?

Let's not mince words. A F2 from a top four club is realistically the least compensation we could have expected to get.

We can understand how it happened without pretending that it's any kind of win. We would have been significantly better off keeping McAdam than losing him for a second round pick in 2024.

Now the task is to make the most of what little we got out of the trade.

Let's not mince words. A F2 from a top four club is realistically the least compensation we could have expected to get.

We can understand how it happened without pretending that it's any kind of win. We would have been significantly better off keeping McAdam than losing him for a second round pick in 2024.

Now the task is to make the most of what little we got out of the trade.
Exactly but effectively it’s going to be used as points for Welsh, that’s it, which is pretty s**t and a waste of a good player

Exactly but effectively it’s going to be used as points for Welsh, that’s it, which is pretty s**t and a waste of a good player

There is still time to bundle it up with other picks to improve our draft hand this year, I guess. It's not like getting late picks for points is difficult, we don't need to bank it.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back