List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watts is rated the best kick into F50. That's exactly what Cox needs. He just needs a 60-40 kick, and should mark 7/10 marks at least.

Watts should honestly play the Tom Lynch role.

I don't think we need a crowded forward 50 rather the opposite. I would back Fasolo, Elliot, Cox and Mooore one-on-one with respective defenders.
If we could add a genuine crumbling forward to that mix it would be perfect. With better kicks to Cox's advantage a crumber should thrive.

Legitimate question in relation to the thought of Watts at Collingwood.

How many guys who have been on an AFL list for 9 years or there about have improved their game after being traded. Are most that want Watts at Collingwood in here looking for him to improve his game or are you happy he brings his current form and slots in to consistent best 22? Like I said - legitimate question
I'd argue that our very own Lynden Dunn improved this year. Scrap heap to second best one on one defender for the season. Like Dunn, I see Watts playing better when given a dedicated role in the side instead of being used all over the ground.

For Watts, the knock is his application and work rate not skills, similar to Liam Jones. Like Jones, this can be improved in the right environment.

With Saad off the table, we should focus on Mullett. I think he is a good fit.
Me too, bring back the Mullett to the Pies.

Though if we miss out it wouldn't break my achy achy heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts is rated the best kick into F50. That's exactly what Cox needs. He just needs a 60-40 kick, and should mark 7/10 marks at least.

Watts should honestly play the Tom Lynch role.

I don't think we need a crowded forward 50 rather the opposite. I would back Fasolo, Elliot, Cox and Mooore one-on-one with respective defenders.

Can't say we aren't trying to address a need. We all know Watts is not going to win a Brownlow and hasn't lived up to pick 1 status. But we have a deficiency in forward 50 delivery, he is very good at that, so good on the club for trying to address it.

Can't trade in Dangerfield and Franklin and a time traveling Wayne Carey all the time.

Pretty good trick. I feel watts is too slow, not physical enough to provide pressure and has a tendency to find his lowest form of energy.

He's not there to provide physical pressure.. the bloke is super dangerous around goals capable of kicking multiples. His last 2 yrs have proved that. We struggle to get anything on the board. So Watts will add that more strike power up front as well as hit up targets with his skills.

I'd say bloody get him.

He is laconic, has no urgency about him...outside player. I think for his height he has reasonable speed.
His speed is top notch for any height. Ran a 2.82 at his draft combine in the 20m sprints.

His issue has never been speed, it’s that he’s lazy and picks and chooses when to actually go.

How quick have Essendon become a destination club?

Smith and Stringer make Essendon a destination club all of a sudden?

And on top of Green last year why all the urgency for forwards when their midfield is so bog ordinary?

I wouldnt be too concerned about Essendon at this stage.

Edit I missed Saad...he may be a good pickup for them...but it doesnt mean they are suddenly a destination club..

No we need to tun 6 into two teens picks to get Balta and Richards. 36 for Watts Straight

So, do you reckon we should trade pick 6 for 2 picks in the teens? Grab, i dunno, maybe Balta & Richards??;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back