Analysis 2017 Non-Crows Discussion Thread - Part V for Vendetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, other way around. They dropped Trengove because they wanted him to leave.

Impey was dropped and he came back for the final and was s**t.

Port are getting smarter, they are cutting their losses with some average players.
They didn't even HAVE any key defenders. Trengove clearly better than what they had.

Maybe petty, maybe smart. Obviously why they did it, though.

He was already out the door so being dropped meant nothing to his decision. And they're getting nothing for him.

They could have played him and still not offered him a contract. Not playing him was irrelevant when it came to whether he played for Port in 2018. There was no way for Trengove to stay if PORT wanted him to leave.

Clearly they were pissed off he'd made the decision.

You're wildly off base, EC. Your view doesn't actually make sense.

They didn't even HAVE any key defenders. Trengove clearly better than what they had.

He was already out the door so being dropped meant nothing to his decision. And they're getting nothing for him.

They could have played him and still not offered him a contract. Not playing him was irrelevant when it came to whether he played for Port in 2018. There was no way for Trengove to stay if PORT wanted him to leave.

Now that we've already lost the GF, I wish we'd have done that with Lever. I used to be in the other camp - get your money's worth out of the players you know are leaving. Not anymore. However that might change depending on who decides before the end of next year that they're leaving, and will be determined by how good that player is.:D

They preferred Douglas Howard in that role. It's your opinion that Trengove was clearly better.

Their defence was working very well in 2018 without Trengove.

They didn't play because they no longer rated him and wasn't part of their future.

Being in Qld, you obviously don't get to hear all the media. He had a regular spot on MMM and he clearly wanted to stay.

Now that we've already lost the GF, I wish we'd have done that with Lever. I used to be in the other camp - get your money's worth out of the players you know are leaving. Not anymore. However that might change depending on who decides before the end of next year that they're leaving, and will be determined by how good that player is.:D

The fallout of our GF disaster Im sure will come out. With that there will be stories about what exactly had happened, the players mindset etc. I expect some AFC players/staff to be thrown under the bus for their failures of last week.

A ~20 goal turnaround from R6 to GF day, is ridiculous, especially considering the health of our squad and the form we were in.

You seem to have two views on tha matter.
Sorry should have been a question.

Regardless. The reporting of Trengove leaving has been glossed over by the media here. Pushed or wanting to leave it is still pretty poor for them that a genuine club man is leaving.

Lever is just a professional athlete offering his services to the highest bidder. Yet that means there is something wrong with our club as we have decided it is not in our best interests to pay that premium.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Look I hate Port as much as most of you, but sometimes you've got to take away that hatred and use your brains, even though it might make them not look so bad.

Trengove bleeds Port.
Port went in a different direction with their defence.
Port tried to use him as forward, which he isn't.
There is no spot for him.
Port are targeting players and need to free up cap space.
Port didn't rate him enough to play him in a finals campaign and are happy to see him go.
There has been no effort from Port to retain him.

Seriously people, how are you not getting this. You sound like Port supporters talking about us.

Nah, your miles off.

You're talking about them "forcing him out" like he's still under contract.

If THEY want him to go, they just don't offer him a contract.

They don't need to do anything to make salary cap room - other than not offer him a contract.

Clearly there's been efforts from Port to keep him, he wanted to leave, they dropped him.

Despite everything he did for them - AND THE FACT THEY DIDN'T HAVE A KEY DEFENDER.

They preferred Douglas Howard in that role. It's your opinion that Trengove was clearly better.

Their defence was working very well in 2018 without Trengove.

They didn't play because they no longer rated him and wasn't part of their future.

Being in Qld, you obviously don't get to hear all the media. He had a regular spot on MMM and he clearly wanted to stay.

I don't agree

His partner moved back to Melbourne for business and was travelling backwards and forwards between Melbourne and Adelaide, clearly it was a very difficult situation for them.

He told them a while ago that he was going to go back to Victoria for personal reasons, he'd agreed to terms with the Bulldogs weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the reason why Hinkley didn't play him in the finals, clearly Koch believed that Trengove should have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can there be religious reasons to go home????

ah i saw that earlier in the week, which player is it?

i thought that one was a rort...

...because God is all around us.

Nah, your miles off.

You're talking about them "forcing him out" like he's still under contract.

If THEY want him to go, they just don't offer him a contract.

They don't need to do anything to make salary cap room - other than not offer him a contract.

Clearly there's been efforts from Port to keep him, he wanted to leave, they dropped him.

Despite everything he did for them - AND THE FACT THEY DIDN'T HAVE A KEY DEFENDER.
So despite in your opinion they didn't have a Key Defender, they have during the course of the year decided to play Jonas, Howard and Hombsch as Key Defenders and not Trengove. This was even before they dropped him. So how does your theory stack up now that they needed him as a key defender but he left anyway?

There is also the fact Trengove was obviously gutted, but keep living in your fantasy land in Qld.

They've effectively forced him out without having to delist him and if they weren't able to secure a free agent they would have received compensation. Smart move by them.

I don't agree

His partner moved back to Melbourne for business and was travelling backwards and forwards between Melbourne and Adelaide, clearly it was a very difficult situation for them.

He told them a while ago that he was going to go back to Victoria for personal reasons, he'd agreed to terms with the Bulldogs weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the reason why Hinkley didn't play him in the finals, clearly Koch believed that Trengove should have played.
He told them did he? Source?

He told them did he? Source?

I am only saying what I have been told from others that the club was well aware a few weeks ago that Jackson was returning home to Victoria next year.

It's all heresay obviously, but Trengove had been widely linked to the Bulldogs since late July just the same as Cameron's name had been linked for the last few weeks to a move to Brisbane.

Hardly a surprise to see both of these announced over the last 48 hours as they seem to be two of the worst kept secrets in football.

About 90% of what comes out of the mouths of clubs, players and managers is complete bullshit and the clubs know these things long before they're announced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back