Status
Not open for further replies.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond won their 3 finals against 2nd, 4th and 1st by 51,36 and 48points. That's an average finals winning margin of 45 points which is the largest since geelong in 2007. It was as comprehensive finals campaign by any side in the finals in recent history. In fact only geelong in 07, Brisbane in 02 and essendon in 2000 have had better avg winning margins in the finals series in the last 20 years.
And all this from a team many predicted to finish bottom 4.
So is their pressure game sustainable in the long term?

Last edited:

Yeh, we know that, though. I’m with the second poster. Perhaps add a question or two to promote discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as we want to make known our triumphs, there will continue to be people who will believe their own ideas, opinions, and harbour their own convictions until the grave.

Like most NRA-US citizens, sometimes it’s just better to laugh at them.

Is their pressure game sustainable in the long term? That's the question. Don't try and be cute by getting the first post in with a smart alec comment trying to draw 'likes'.
He edited that in after I posted which you would release if you had any semblence of awareness

Richmond won their 3 finals against 2nd, 4th and 1st by 51,36 and 48points. That's an average finals winning margin of 45 points which is the largest since geelong in 2007. It was as comprehensive finals campaign by any side in the finals in recent history. In fact only geelong in 07, Brisbane in 02 and essendon in 2000 have had better avg winning margins in the finals series in the last 20 years.
And all this from a team many predicted to finish bottom 4.
So is their pressure game sustainable in the long term?
Think you'll find that the finals we won in 2010 were by an average of about 53 points

Typical big footy smart arse responses, not a bad question posed though.

Richmond played a manic game that was pretty similar to what happened with the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs struggled to cope for a variety of reasons, on and off field. I've always thought a good way to expose this manic style is to kick over the zones and use bigger bodies and targets up forward to expose medium sized defenders.

Richmond will need to be mindful of this next year, so will need to back in their contested ball winners to the hilt and continue the physical hard running pressure game. Fitness is going to be key. Injuries will hurt them so keeping key players available and having depth is critical.

Can it be sustained? Sure can, but it's a pretty taxing style that I think has a short shelf life. If they won another flag they'd be stoked, but they'd be well and truly worked out after flag 2. It's why I think the Bulldogs can respond next year.

Richmond will also need to deal with the added focus by opposition. They'll be investing serious time into unravelling them next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back