Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't reckon Gaz will be playing for much. Reckon he's happy just to come back to Geelong and play for a average sum.

Yeah he wants one or two goes at the fairytale ending. He'd probably play for minimum wage if he had to.

December - players urinating in public
January - players training the house down
February - players kissing babies in regional towns

AFL has things covered all year round...
so spot on - we could have a pin the tail on the regional town pre-season comp.

Fast becoming one of my most despised clubs.

Pot, meet kettle.

Lever - uncontracted, Victorian native, wants to go home. Be professional and get the deal done you self-righteous ******* sooks.
the distance is shorter but some of us didn't deal too well with the Hendo go home

the distance is shorter but some of us didn't deal too well with the Hendo go home

Hendo gave up the ghost midseason. Lever at least played it out to the best of his ability.

Having said that I think he is a bit of a faux angry man.

If a player left us after only 3 years on the list and we wanted to keep him I imagine that we would get shitty as well, because he can play and is only chasing $$$$$$ I hope the DEES miss out on him or get taken to the cleaners by ADE (goes without saying of course) myself. Not that I love the crows but he is being a mercenary bugger!!!

I am really perplexed why people have such a problem with players wanting to change clubs. Interestingly, if it is the club wanting to get rid of a player, most rarely care player is going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the 2015 version of Stringer anyway. But do we want that kind of person at the footy club?

I'm assuming we are referring to the extra curricular activities involving people other than his wife? Just curious, if we didn't know of such alleged activities, would we want him then? FWIW, I would happily have the 2015 version of Stringer, either way.

Wow!

I've not really been paying attention, but after reading that... just, wow. :eek:

Unbelievable, dummy-spitting, nursery school behaviour by Adelaide FC!
First, some of the players - led by the captain (Tex actually showing some leadership :drunk:) - dumping on Lever, and now the club gives him this treatment?!
It echoes their reaction when they couldn't get Gibbs on their terms last year. Fair dinkum, what a bunch of triple A-grade sooks!
Do they expect their players to conduct themselves like adults and professionals at all times I wonder?

Sure, when you've just lost a grand final, you're entitled to be in a sh!tty mood, but the new season has effectively started already. If they don't get a grip - and fast - they're going backwards big time.

Is it too late to rescue Ed and Sauce? :D

Last edited:
Lever was reportedly happy to look at staying on but AFC's initial offer put them off and opened the door for Vic clubs to attack. He's getting paid far too much to transfer but that's the game.

McGovern signed on for 3yrs.

If Sloane wants to return with his wife then they'll be hurting but clubs have to learn to make the best out of these situations and build again. It hasn't hurt on most departures.

We need to brace ourselves for the big money offers as our players grow.

Wait for the meltdown when some of the players we have brought in recently ask for trades, or heaven forbid, we try to move them on.

I really like the city of Adelaide. Great restaurants, the zoo has goddamn pandas, it's pretty and the Adelaide Oval is tip top.

The water tastes gross but ;)

Just a shame there isn't any power in summer.:D

Come now Thy, we're different, better.

We have to be, otherwise, how could we feel special?

Wait for the meltdown when some of the players we have brought in recently ask for trades, or heaven forbid, we try to move them on.

Who? What have you heard? Which ******* ingrate is thinking of leaving? Heartless flogs.

Edit: What the * Hamill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back