• Syd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WCE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WB

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

- It's funny how you behave as if you know exactly how I feel because supporters like you have apparently gained the power of reading minds.
- It's funny how you call Carlton a 'rabble' when they have a richer history and greater success.
- It's funny how you act as if you and your counterproductive opinions mean more than others because a footy team you support wins a premiership.
- It's funny how you make it out like you matter when in reality the tigers did all the heavy lifting and you contributed to bugger all (I guess I could wait for them to thank you specifically).

Continue your role as a fair-weather supporter and I wish you well for your other interests when Richmond drop off in the not-too-distant future.
History means nothing for the last 20 years and counting Carlton have been the worst team by far the very definition of a rabble and you act like Shaun Grigg wouldn't make Carlton's best 22 which yet can make a premiership team please explain that mental gymnastics?

History means nothing for the last 20 years and counting Carlton have been the worst team by far the very definition of a rabble and you act like Shaun Grigg wouldn't make Carlton's best 22 which yet can make a premiership team please explain that mental gymnastics?

History means nothing, yet you refer back to the last 20 years. You're nothing but a walking contradiction.

And quit putting words in my mouth. When on Earth did I say Grigg wouldn't be in our best 22? You're the one completely exaggerating his value here saying he'd be our best player because he has a shiny medal around his neck. Ever consider the 21 players he is performing with that help make him look better than what he is? Cripps, Docherty and Gibbs top him easily. Right now, he'd be about on the same level as Wright or E.Curnow.

Besides, he was a dud at the time we got rid of him so we don't regret it. Just be grateful that you made good out of at least one of our off-cuts and don't make a fool of yourself overrating his value.

History means nothing, yet you refer back to the last 20 years. You're nothing but a walking contradiction.

And quit putting words in my mouth. When on Earth did I say Grigg wouldn't be in our best 22? You're the one completely exaggerating his value here saying he'd be our best player because he has a shiny medal around his neck. Ever consider the 21 players he is performing with that help make him look better than what he is? Cripps, Docherty and Gibbs top him easily. Right now, he'd be about on the same level as Wright or E.Curnow.

Besides, he was a dud at the time we got rid of him so we don't regret it. Just be grateful that you made good out of at least one of our off-cuts and don't make a fool of yourself overrating his value.
That's why I said 20 years and counting and believe me it will be a very long time before Carlton even gets close to a grand final and players like Cripps, Docherty and Gibbs would be lucky to be in Richmond's best 22

That's why I said 20 years and counting and believe me it will be a very long time before Carlton even gets close to a grand final and players like Cripps, Docherty and Gibbs would be lucky to be in Richmond's best 22

Believe YOU?! Hilarious.

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

Everything that has come from you in this thread all the more tells me of your lack of both credibility and footy knowledge. That last part in bold just about summed it all up.

You're only on here trying to be a troll, and you're even failing at that.

Believe YOU?! Hilarious.

tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

Everything that has come from you in this thread all the more tells me of your lack of both credibility and footy knowledge. That last part in bold just about summed it all up.

You're only on here trying to be a troll, and you're even failing at that.
Please tell me then what players from Richmond's premiership side would these "stars" replace

how many are cracking the shits over this thread? no one loses anything they don't want to.

they often grow balls and then wander off and then some just wander off because they hate the coach.. don't
deny it.

Should players that their club had no real intention of persuading them to stay be counted?
Hawthorn and Geelong are the best examples of this. I don't get the sense that Clarkson was all that upset that Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis decided to finish their careers elsewhere as it seemed he was actually pushing them out anyway. The same thing occurred with Chapman, Kelly, Johnson, etc... at Geelong.

Please tell me then what players from Richmond's premiership side would these "stars" replace

Easy. There is a thing called rotation where players are swapped to play different roles, which is something I guarantee you wouldn't know.

Broad straight out. Docherty (An All-Australian HBF may I add) in.
Townsend out. Either one of Prestia or Grigg on the wing. Cripps in.
Anyone one of Butler (very little work rate), Graham (young and raw) or even Ellis (which if I remember correctly, a lot of tiger supporters were roasting for his poor skill level for quite sometime) out. A little rotating with some other players and Gibbs goes in.

Your side was mediocre for so many years and suddenly after a good season with very little injuries, you act like this is the best premiership team of the 21st century. Get off your high horse. Not every Richmond player is invincible.

Easy. There is a thing called rotation where players are swapped to play different roles, which is something I guarantee you wouldn't know.

Broad straight out. Docherty (An All-Australian HBF may I add) in.
Townsend out. Either one of Prestia or Grigg on the wing. Cripps in.
Anyone one of Butler (very little work rate), Graham (young and raw) or even Ellis (which if I remember correctly, a lot of tiger supporters were roasting for his poor skill level for quite sometime) out. A little rotating with some other players and Gibbs goes in.

Your side was mediocre for so many years and suddenly after a good season with very little injuries, you act like this is the best premiership team of the 21st century. Get off your high horse. Not every Richmond player is invincible.
Townsend would not go out for Cripps Townsend was a forward who also tagged defenders (just imagine what he would have done to Docherty would have been pretty ugly) and the only player Gibbs would have possibly replaced out of the ones you named would had been Graham who I still would have prefered kicked 3 and tagged Sloane out of the game

Townsend would not go out for Cripps

Yes he would. He practically started on the wing when the ball was bounced. Did you even read what I posted?

Townsend was a forward who also tagged defenders

Need to educate yourself on taggers.

(just imagine what he would have done to Docherty would have been pretty ugly)

Now you're overrating Townsend. Far out! You've lost it!

the only player Gibbs would have possibly replaced out of the ones you named would had been Graham who I still would have prefered kicked 3 and tagged Sloane out of the game

Again with the 'tagging'. You're team doesn't tag. They simply apply excessive pressure and are first to the ball. They are an attacking team all about speed, so they out run their opponents.

Hardwick and the coaches would be stupid if they looked past any of the three mentioned. They're smarter than you make them out to be.

Yes he would. He practically started on the wing when the ball was bounced. Did you even read what I posted?

Need to educate yourself on taggers.

Now you're overrating Townsend. Far out! You've lost it!

Again with the 'tagging'. You're team doesn't tag. They simply apply excessive pressure and are first to the ball. They are an attacking team all about speed, so they out run their opponents.

Hardwick and the coaches would be stupid if they looked past any of the three mentioned. They're smarter than you make them out to be.
Overrating Townsend? please in 5 games he kicked half of what your leading goal kicker did if he played on Docherty would have kicked 5 plus and Docherty would be lucky to get a kick and Graham in 5 games has done more than Gibbs in his entire career and he was told by the coach to run with Sloane who was barely seen after did you even watch the game

Overrating Townsend? please in 5 games he kicked half of what your leading goal kicker did if he played on Docherty would have kicked 5 plus and Docherty would be lucky to get a kick and Graham in 5 games has done more than Gibbs in his entire career and he was told by the coach to run with Sloane who was barely seen after did you even watch the game

And again you are contradicting yourself. You're only making this argument go around in circles. In addition to that, you go out of your way to compare apples with oranges.

Richmond play an fast attacking game style while Carlton play a slow defensive game style (hence not kicking a 100+ score at all this year). And judging from Townsend's past few years with your lot, he wouldn't have survived with us at all (delisted or a one-year deals at best).

Plus, he might win over developing players like Marchbank or Weitering, but if there was any defender he would lose straight away to it'd be Docherty. Doc would take him to the cleaners.

And yes I watched the game, and seem to have gathered more from it than you have. And I am younger than you. How embarrassing.
You don't even have knowledge of your own team. Clearly evident that you're just a band-wagoner that only jumps on when the team is doing well.

Tiges.

AFL legend Richard Tambling
VFL player Matty White
Beast of the AFL Tyrone Vickery
Definetly not cooked Lids.

7 years of no finals wins and thats it. 1 player that any good but even he was cooked. Players must really love the Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And again you are contradicting yourself. You're only making this argument go around in circles. In addition to that, you go out of your way to compare apples with oranges.

Richmond play an fast attacking game style while Carlton play a slow defensive game style (hence not kicking a 100+ score at all this year). And judging from Townsend's past few years with your lot, he wouldn't have survived with us at all (delisted or a one-year deals at best).

Plus, he might win over developing players like Marchbank or Weitering, but if there was any defender he would lose straight away to it'd be Docherty. Doc would take him to the cleaners.

And yes I watched the game, and seem to have gathered more from it than you have. And I am younger than you. How embarrassing.
You don't even have knowledge of your own team. Clearly evident that you're just a band-wagoner that only jumps on when the team is doing well.
Richmond only started to play a fast attacking game style until late in the year when coincidentally when Townsend made his way into the team kicking 16 goals from 5 games almost half of what your leading goalkicker did in 22 if he played against Carlton he would had kicked a bag and Richmond would have won by 100+ and lol a Carlton supporter talking about bandwagoning I've followed Richmond my whole life if I was a bandwagoner I would have given up ages ago and if you are younger than me it must be hard following a team without a seeing a flag believe me 23 years was way too long may Carlton have 23 more

Richmond was 8th for offense. 3rd for defense.
Carlton was 18th for offense. 13th for defense.

I dont know if youre a very defensive team either.

Richmond only started to play a fast attacking game style until late in the year when coincidentally when Townsend made his way into the team kicking 16 goals from 5 games almost half of what your leading goalkicker did in 22 if he played against Carlton he would had kicked a bag and Richmond would have won by 100+ and lol a Carlton supporter talking about bandwagoning I've followed Richmond my whole life if I was a bandwagoner I would have given up ages ago and if you are younger than me it must be hard following a team without a seeing a flag believe me 23 years was way too long may Carlton have 23 more

You played a offensive game from the very beginning of the season. Game plans don't significantly take a turn during a season, especially when your team has bugger all injuries.
Richmond would've won by 100+ hey? No club has beaten Carlton by 100+ under Bolton and no club will anytime soon. Certainly not your mob which you tend to overrate so much that you think Rance was robbed of the Coleman medal.

And FYI, I am genuinely proud of my club and it's direction and I have seen many highs and lows in my many years of supporting them. Your trolling means nothing so quit wasting space with your drivel.

I think you personally need to consider a lobotomy.

Richmond was 8th for offense. 3rd for defense.
Carlton was 18th for offense. 13th for defense.

I dont know if youre a very defensive team either.

We were a really defensive team. Comparing us with other teams doesn't change that.
We're stockpiled with kids and raw talent being taught to defend first. And the quality of a list isn't exactly great so it still has some work to be done.

You played a offensive game from the very beginning of the season. Game plans don't significantly take a turn during a season, especially when your team has bugger all injuries.
Richmond would've won by 100+ hey? No club has beaten Carlton by 100+ under Bolton and no club will anytime soon. Certainly not your mob which you tend to overrate so much that you think Rance was robbed of the Coleman medal.

And FYI, I am genuinely proud of my club and it's direction and I have seen many highs and lows in my many years of supporting them. Your trolling means nothing so quit wasting space with your drivel.

I think you personally need to consider a lobotomy.
Please after what Richmond did to the other top 4 sides this year you don't think Richmond could flog Carlton sounds like you're the one overrating your team junior

We were a really defensive team. Comparing us with other teams doesn't change that.
We're stockpiled with kids and raw talent being taught to defend first. And the quality of a list isn't exactly great so it still has some work to be done.
The difference between both of our offense and defense rank was -5 spots.

Losing Dangerfield alone puts us above anyone. Geelong were 10th on the decline and then finished equal top the next two seasons.

We've lost out on every deal.

I don't know about that. Losing Dangerfield somehow made your lot better this year. Like when Hawthorn lost Franklin.

I think it teaches some that depending on big time players doesn't always guarantee ultimate success.

Please after what Richmond did to the other top 4 sides this year you don't think Richmond could flog Carlton sounds like you're the one overrating your team junior

Nope. I am aware of my team's strengths as well as the areas they need to work on. You on the other hand, act so high and mighty like your team can win 10 consecutive flags after a miracle year. I don't think you're even in the position to throw stones in your glass house.

Richmond couldn't prove you right with the two encounters this year. Perhaps you're just underestimating the potential of our group and are blinded by hatred. Face it kid, leave the proper discussion for the mature people.

The difference between both of our offense and defense rank was -5 spots.

Hence, look at the quality of the lists.

Richmond also focused on scoring a lot more than we did. We had all these tall forwards and little scoring between them along with the slow ball movement and poor delivery.

Despite the tigers defensive strategies coming out as better, I think they'll be remembered more for the amount of damage they did moving forward. Especially with that small forward line with Rioli, Castagna and Butler.

Nope. I am aware of my team's strengths as well as the areas they need to work on. You on the other hand, act so high and mighty like your team can win 10 consecutive flags after a miracle year. I don't think you're even in the position to throw stones in your glass house.

Richmond couldn't prove you right with the two encounters this year. Perhaps you're just underestimating the potential of our group and are blinded by hatred. Face it kid, leave the proper discussion for the mature people.
and if you add Townsend into the Richmond team the margins would have been by a whole lot more despite what you may claim as Carlton's "elite" defense and a "miracle" year please Carlton would be praying for such a miracle year for Carlton is when they on the rare chance finish outside of the bottom 4

and if you add Townsend into the Richmond team the margins would have been by a whole lot more despite what you may claim as Carlton's "elite" defense and a "miracle" year please Carlton would be praying for such a miracle year for Carlton is when they on the rare chance finish outside of the bottom 4

Back to overrating Townsend! This is just getting monotonous.

Mind pointing me out where I claimed that Carlton's defense is 'elite'? All I've implied was that it's our strongest area and we bat real deep there. Even Collingwood supporters can see that.

Every team would be praying for a miracle year and if that was Carlton's standard for a miracle year, then we will achieve it more often than not. Heck, we even did so last year.

Not doing yourself any favours. You're fighting a losing battle.

Back