Opinion Will Collingwood bounce back if they lose the 2023 GF?

Will the Pies be back if they lose the 2023 GF?

• Yes

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2011 - Geelong 18.11 (119) def. Collingwood 12.9 (81)
2018 - West Coast 11.13 (79) def. Collingwood 11.8 (74)
2023 - Brisbane v Collingwood

A loss to Brisbane on Saturday would mark Collingwood's third consecutive Grand Final loss. The question has to be asked - would this mean the return of the dreaded Colliwobbles and does it need to be a close loss to convince you?

In a nutshell..no.

Because Collingwood buried the wobbles deep in the ground in 1990 after demolishing the EFC.

*I’ll note that I was 20 years old in standing room at the Punt Rd end ..basically bay 13ish ..we were spat on (including my then 12 year little brother) as we made our way through the Collingwood scum crowd to the outermost concourse early in the 4th.

None of the degenerates would step forth for a one on one (two on two with my mate) biffo.

Weak . As . p

Good times.

2011 - Geelong 18.11 (119) def. Collingwood 12.9 (81)
2018 - West Coast 11.13 (79) def. Collingwood 11.8 (74)
2023 - Brisbane v Collingwood

A loss to Brisbane on Saturday would mark Collingwood's third consecutive Grand Final loss. The question has to be asked - would this mean the return of the dreaded Colliwobbles and does it need to be a close loss to convince you?

Yet neither of those 2 losses were we the best side for the season.

In reality we haven’t lost a grand final we should have won since before 1990.

In a nutshell..no.

Because Collingwood buried the wobbles deep in the ground in 1990 after demolishing the EFC.

*I’ll note that I was 20 years old in standing room at the Punt Rd end ..basically bay 13ish ..we were spat on (including my then 12 year little brother) as we made our way through the Collingwood scum crowd to the outermost concourse early in the 4th.

None of the degenerates would step forth for a one on one (two on two with my mate) biffo.

Weak . As . p

Good times.

However, the losses between 1958 and 1990 were in September. 2010 and 1990 were October GF's.

Lose on Saturday and the Colliwobbles were never actually buried. The curse lives on! ;)

However, the losses between 1958 and 1990 were in September. 2010 and 1990 were October GF's.

Lose on Saturday and the Colliwobbles were never actually buried. The curse lives on! ;)

Just remember..they have 27 GF defeats in their history.

27 …that’s a lot of disappointment and heartache.

But unfortunately my betting money is not a 28th

I’m loading up big time on a Pie avalanche

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it will be considered a choke.

Brisbane Lions are eerily similar to the Geelong team of the 90's but also have the solid back six. A handful of stars and then a big bunch of also-rans who just play their roles week in and week out.
Always good enough to finish top four. Usually the 3rd or 4th best side left in it.

Collingwood were leading West Coast by 2 points with less than 3 minutes remaining in the game in their last grand final appearance. They lost that and look at where the Eagles are today.
Another loss on Saturday would be devastating. Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Elliott, Mihocek, Adams, Howe are on the wrong side of 30.

Collywobble tag will be renamed to Dr. Collywobble if they lose this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it will be considered a choke.

Brisbane Lions are eerily similar to the Geelong team of the 90's but also have the solid back six. A handful of stars and then a big bunch of also-rans who just play their roles week in and week out.
Always good enough to finish top four. Usually the 3rd or 4th best side left in it.

Collingwood were leading West Coast by 2 points with less than 3 minutes remaining in the game in their last grand final appearance. They lost that and look at where the Eagles are today.
Another loss on Saturday would be devastating. Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Elliott, Mihocek, Adams, Howe are on the wrong side of 30.

All those veterans in their squad means they should prevail on Saturday.

If they lose it will be 1 win, 1 draw, and 5 losses this century.

They were the best team for most of the year, and really can't afford to let another one slip.

Having said, I'm thinking the Lions will be too strong.

If they lose it will be 1 win, 1 draw, and 5 losses this century.

They were the best team for most of the year, and really can't afford to let another one slip.

Having said, I'm thinking the Lions will be too strong.

Brisbane will capitulate under the pressure in the second half.
Pies get it done and tie both Carlton & Essendon on 16 premierships a piece.

Back