Opinion Will Collingwood bounce back if they lose the 2023 GF?

Will the Pies be back if they lose the 2023 GF?

• Yes

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Heartbreak 101

Who will join this team of Collingwood heartbreakers in 2023

B W Harmes 1979. T Johnson 1950. N Crompton 1964

HB Evans 1937. B Doull 1981 I Ridley 1956

C J Akermanis 2002 J Bartel 2011 F Flanagan 1952

HF B Breen 1966 Johnson 1926 K Bartlett 1980

F N Clarke 1955 P Baker 1977 D Sheed 2018

R G McCracken 1922 D Hegnay 1925 S Black 2003

Coach R Barassi 1970
You have to put Teddy Hopkins on the bench mate, bring him on at halftime.

Those misses would've come back to haunt him if the corrupt umpire didn't call advantage
Funny how everyone focuses on that last 1/4 bit of play.
Bailey’s smother from inside the protected area, Gardener kicking the ball away after Cox’s mark paid.
First 1/4 incidents that everyone forgets.
The better team won, despite nearly kicking themselves out of it.

Can't see them winning the amount of close games they did this year
Same thing was posted about last year.
We were lucky to make the finals last year apparently.
Must be lucky to do it two years running and then win it hey?

Can't see them winning the amount of close games they did this year but they'll once again get an easy draw being a big drawing Victorian club so they'll be around the mark.
Once again get an easy draw? Lol what? We statistically had the hardest draw of any team in the league. The only team that could claim an equivalent or harsher draw is the Crows who had the 2nd hardest statistically but got a lot of off the beaten track away games (ignoring their 12 home games with Gather Roundthat you also got).

Once again get an easy draw? Lol what? We statistically had the hardest draw of any team in the league. The only team that could claim an equivalent or harsher draw is the Crows who had the 2nd hardest statistically but got a lot of off the beaten track away games (ignoring their 12 home games with Gather Roundthat you also got).
Adelaide had a easy draw? They played North and west coast twice , not sure where you're pulling that from? You travel 4-times a year ? You don't go to geelong ever, you only went to perth once , what are you on about? Not to mention the amount of Friday night and Thursday slots you're gifted.. please 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same thing was posted about last year.
We were lucky to make the finals last year apparently.
Must be lucky to do it two years running and then win it hey?
Difference is you've climbed Everest.

It's harder to maintain that drive and hunger.

The difference next year will be the rest of the comp will have had another preseason to pull apart Collingwood’s game plan(s).

Adelaide had an easy draw? They played North and west coast twice , not sure where you're pulling that from? You travel 4-times a year ? You don't go to geelong ever, you only went to perth once , what are you on about? Not to mention the amount of Friday night and Thursday slots you're gifted.. please 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Reread my post. I said Adelaide had the second hardest based on who they played twice.

Adelaide had a easy draw? They played North and west coast twice , not sure where you're pulling that from? You travel 4-times a year ? You don't go to geelong ever, you only went to perth once , what are you on about? Not to mention the amount of Friday night and Thursday slots you're gifted.. please 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Funny how everyone focuses on that last 1/4 bit of play.
Bailey’s smother from inside the protected area, Gardener kicking the ball away after Cox’s mark paid.
First 1/4 incidents that everyone forgets.
The better team won, despite nearly kicking themselves out of it.
Excellent points. I remember going on bout the Maynard incident for months after the 2018 GF, then someone reminded me that Stephenson ran 25m without bouncing into an open goal in Q1. So yep things have a way of balancing out in the end. That’s sport!

Good point but three years running in close games like that would be something else. Personally I can't see it.
Oh well. They won a flag being the kings of the clutch finish. Enough content for an extended doco of how they’ve gone from 17th and club in turmoil to premiers in 2 years.

7, 1, 4

That's the Collingwood winning margins this finals series .

Have the "colliwobbles" been buried once and for all?
what you would have given to get that close last year instead of humiliating yourselves. Far better to contend than just make up the numbers like Sydney 2022

Back