Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were we that bad this year? Even though we only won 6 games, we got into winning positions in several other games (including a 2 goal loss against the Crows) & were competitive against most of the Top 8 teams, including wins against the Dopers, Swans, Giants.

Our 6 wins were by an average of 12.5 points per win. Our 16 losses were by an average of 31 points.

Probably more chance that we could have lost some that we won than win some that we lost.

Don't misunderstand, I was pretty happy with what I saw this season and think that we played better footy this year than last.

I want to see that momentum continue and if we can't replace a Gibbs with a similarly seasoned player I think there's a good chance that the momentum will stall.

Agree, Gibbs is a player that doesn't rely on his speed. Can see him playing well at 33. A bit like Goddard. They are not crash & bash players either. We have a couple of years of rebuilding & development to go & then he still has a couple or so years in our window.

We don't need to trade him unless Adelaide come to the party with a great offer.

With Kennedy, Pick 3 & natural improvement we have plenty of upside even with keeping Gibbs.

It's an easy trade period for SOS. Either way it should be a win win. If Gibbs goes it should be a bonanza of picks. In my opinion Adelaide has little choice than not to bite.

Bravo!!!

Nope... I was just saying what I would expect for pick #3
Yeah but there isn't any free though. I'm hoping we don't miss Kennedy but other than packaging him up with other players for Pick 3 I dont see how we can get him. Others have suggested GWS will except a 2nd rounder, but next years is an unknown and I'm not sure they'd be prepared to roll the dice on us no matter how much we are predicted to finish down the bottom.

'IF' we swapped pick 3 & 39 (?) to the Saints for pick 7 & 8
Could we send pick 7 & 8 (+ possibly a 3rd round pick) to GWS for Shiel, Scully and Kennedy?

Trade Gibbs and take his pick/s to the draft

Then make a last minute pitch to Brisbane for young Schache for our 2018 second round pick, or Stringer if available?

Out: pick 7 & 8, maybe 3rd round 2017, Future 2nd round pick, Gibbs
In: Shiel, Scully, Kennedy, Schache/Stringer, Possible Adelaide pick 10, Possible Adelaide pick 16 or second round pick.

Midfield sorted, forward line sorted.
??

Our 6 wins were by an average of 12.5 points per win. Our 16 losses were by an average of 31 points.

Probably more chance that we could have lost some that we won than win some that we lost

Be interested to know the average without the port flogging, the Geelong loss and the last game of the season vs Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poppy would probably win our goalkicking, and that isnt a good thing. Yes we need midfielders but lets not forget our total inability to kick a score. Its a massive issue that doesnt look like being addressed anytime soon.
Why would we want him to come in and win our goal kicking? At this stage of our rebuild, it'd be like putting on a coat of paint when we're going to plaster over it soon anyway.

If it's not being addressed, what do you call McKay, Charlie, SOS and Kerr?

'IF' we swapped pick 3 & 39 (?) to the Saints for pick 7 & 8
Could we send pick 7 & 8 (+ possibly a 3rd round pick) to GWS for Shiel, Scully and Kennedy?

Trade Gibbs and take his pick/s to the draft

Then make a last minute pitch to Brisbane for young Schache for our 2018 second round pick, or Stringer if available?

Out: pick 7 & 8, maybe 3rd round 2017, Future 2nd round pick, Gibbs
In: Shiel, Scully, Kennedy, Schache/Stringer, Possible Adelaide pick 10, Possible Adelaide pick 16 or second round pick.

Midfield sorted, forward line sorted.
??

St Kilda would want a late first/early second to go with pick 3 to give us 7 & 8. Also we'd be lucky if GWS would accept 7 & 8 just for Shiel by himself let alone adding Scully & Kennedy

And people wonder why people dont post rumours. If people hear info then post it they then get classed as trolls.
You honestly think GWS are going to let Sheil walk out the door while under contract? It would leave a massive hole in their midfield. They may have a bucket load of young talent but they won't fill the hole if Sheil left. It doesn't make sense at all. People post rumours all the time. Most people here know who to believe.

You honestly think GWS are going to let Sheil walk out the door while under contract? It would leave a massive hole in their midfield. They may have a bucket load of young talent but they won't fill the hole if Sheil left. It doesn't make sense at all. People post rumours all the time. Most people here know who to believe.

Stranger things have happened mate. I never say never in trade week personally. According to u no one else can get info. So its better people keep their info to themselves. Enjoy your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back