Analysis 2017 Non-Crows Discussion Thread - Part V for Vendetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixon plays deep in their game plan, so it’s him they’ll collapse down on

Does anyone else think they might actually miss silent J’s theories when he finally gets a girlfriend? I do

It’s actually Robbie Gray that plays deep in our game plan.

And the point is that I believe Watts will fit into our system so well that sides will be forced to play a run with player from defence and be conscious of his position on the ground the same way Richmond put time into Lynch in the GF. Which means that he’ll be double teamed going through midfield with team defence.

But unlike Adelaide, we have the contested marking player in Dixon and the creative small forwards that can operate with limited service. We’ve done it for a couple of years now.

And the point is that I believe Watts will fit into our system so well that sides will be forced to play a run with player from defence and be conscious of his position on the ground the same way Richmond put time into Lynch in the GF. Which means that he’ll be double teamed going through midfield with team defence.

But unlike Adelaide, we have the contested marking player in Dixon and the creative small forwards that can operate with limited service. We’ve done it for a couple of years now.
Flag favourites.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Lololololololololol. Wright excels as he’s surrounded by spuds and a non-existent forward line and Lyons was a fringe player (permanent sub) for us and again excels as he’s surrounded by spuds.
Lyons wasn’t sub the last year and he showed what he could do.

And Lyons doesn’t play against his own midfield, he played against quality opposition and did well.

Again reading our board without being tagged, are you obsessed?

Are we having that bet that Watts won’t be AA?

Which creative small forwards we talking about?

And how’s that been working out for you??

Still believe that it was what Geelong did in 2007 when they won a premiership that made them a great team, not what they did in the years after that when they won two more?

Still believe that it was what Geelong did in 2007 when they won a premiership that made them a great team, not what they did in the years after that when they won two more?
And the thing is he’s previously said shut down defenders are history as forward lines change away from the big KF and then he lauds Dixon and his contested marking.

Janus doesn’t know if he’s Arthur or Martha.

Lyons wasn’t sub the last year and he showed what he could do.

And Lyons doesn’t play against his own midfield, he played against quality opposition and did well.
He gets time he wouldn't get in a better midfield. He's too slow to be part of a decent side.

They aren't good enough to play for a decent side. You're not helping your point.
That’s a nonsense point. Lyons played for us and performed well in 2016 and we were a decent side. He kept Douglas out of our midfield.

That’s a nonsense point. Lyons played for us and performed well in 2016 and we were a decent side. He kept Douglas out of our midfield.
We traded him for almost nothing immediately after that year, and we improved. Obviously the selectors and coaches thought he had nothing to offer.

And his brilliance as a mid wasn't the issue with Douglas' form. Lyons was a good solid player - slow, good footy brain, no huge depth to his kick, not bad efficiency.

We couldn't find a team to take Lyons, other than the league's worst side, so it's obvious what the footy industry thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again reading our board without being tagged, are you obsessed?

Are we having that bet that Watts won’t be AA?

Which creative small forwards we talking about?
Watts AA ( and not All Australian ;) ) and Port for the Flag. Anything else is failure

Clearly the relationship broke down this year, but what does that have to do with whether he can play?

Perhaps the sticking point was he thought he could play, they didn't

Ol Janus is at again, he actually thinks Watts being double teamed will make them stronger, problem is, when has Watts ever been double teamed???

Watts being double-teamed would explain a lot of the problem in Melbourne's development of players

Me too.
I genuinely want to know what he was suspended for. I'm just guessing and having a joke

He was posting on the Main Board for a bit but it wasn't anything outrageous

Those same years where you haven't beaten a top 8 side ?

Seriously

Mods
Can we flick this thing off
Let it take its bullshit to the Bay and see how it gets on

But hey.....

"If Jack Watts does nothing else but fix this we will win the next 5 premierships.""

We traded him for almost nothing immediately after that year, and we improved. Obviously the selectors and coaches thought he had nothing to offer.

And his brilliance as a mid wasn't the issue with Douglas' form. Lyons was a good solid player - slow, good footy brain, no huge depth to his kick, not bad efficiency.

We couldn't find a team to take Lyons, other than the league's worst side, so it's obvious what the footy industry thought.
We needed leverage for the Gibbs trade and we thought Lyons would get us a second rounder. We low balled him and when Gold Coast gave him a decent offer he was off and our bargaining position was weakened. That was a failing of the club not something worth a pat on the back. Roo even said we wanted a second and tried to spin the third round pick was effectively a second.

Lyons kept Douglas out of the midfield and even this year when Douglas had a good year, Lyons stats have him mostly covered.

This whole bullshit that Lyons year is downgraded because he played for Gold Coast is just Crows supporters trying to vindicate their original opinions and the clubs decision. He didn’t play against his own teammates, he played against quality opposition as a key component of Gold Coasts midfield and did well, full stop.

No. Racism isn’t outrageous is it.
You ****ing idiot. Where did I say that ? I saw a few posts ... seriously
Who rattled your cage ?
As for racism ...
It is outrageous ...,
No doubt you'll report me if I post a link so here :
Whack this in your search and see what comes up

"I did not engage with him as he had made reference to my work in the past as though he knew where I worked and he had threatened anyone who challenged him with extreme violence. This is a footy forum ffs. I shouldn't have to worry if the insane drunk who i challenged will hunt me down."

And this"
Changaneen has been allowed back again and again after years of bans, and after his most recent tirade was particularly appalling, racist for starters."

Your board has let this thing back at least 8 times !!!!
So I suggest you take a visit BACK to your board and sort that out before preaching to me

Still posting with another alias

Last edited:

Port had the highest number of inside 50s last year!.......”oh but our forwards operate off limited service”...... at least get you facts right before coming up with crap.

And the crows don’t have any creative small forwards? Dude, are you trying to lose any scrap of credibility that you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back