Analysis 2017 Non-Crows Discussion Thread - Part V for Vendetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seriously don’t think he would smash it in our forward line? He would be the contested marking go to player that we lack and what he didn’t mark Eddie would pick off.
I don't think he'd be any better than JJ. He would do some things better sure, but JJ would also.

I don't think he'd be any better than JJ. He would do some things better sure, but JJ would also.
The only thing JJ would do is run to better positions to get the easy goal and we don’t need our KPF to get his goals like that, a flanker or crumber would pick up that slack.

We need a KPF to be the go to player, take the big mark or bring it to ground and impose himself physically. There isn’t a comparison and I’m really really surprised you see it differently.

as bad as this sounds, Carlton will likely end up lower on the ladder and we'll get higher draft picks...

Horrible for Docherty, i don't wish it on anyone*, but good for us

*not entirely true

The only thing JJ would do is run to better positions to get the easy goal and we don’t need our KPF to get his goals like that, a flanker or crumber would pick up that slack.

We need a KPF to be the go to player, take the big mark or bring it to ground and impose himself physically. There isn’t a comparison and I’m really really surprised you see it differently.
Our gamestyle relies on that athleticism, I mean we have been the highest scoring team in the comp for 2 years and his ability is part of that. I certainly don't think Dixon would make us a worse team but I doubt we would be any better.

There is no point even having a discussion with someone who would rather Jenkins than Dixon in our forward line. Jenkins has some great attributes but he applies 0% defense pressure and hates contested footy and that is finals footy in a nutshell, pressure and contested footy. He flapped his mouth big time in the last two weeks of finals and then didn't back it up.

Ni Gibbs and No Docherty really does hurt Carlton
giphy.gif

You seriously don’t think he would smash it in our forward line? He would be the contested marking go to player that we lack and what he didn’t mark Eddie would pick off.
I think he'd kick a similar amount of goals to JJ to be honest, he'd provide more of a contested marking and defensive pressure presence for sure, but also make our forward line less mobile (and therefore more likely to be clogged up, reducing chances for others). Not convinced we'd be any better. In a final however, I could be convinced.....

Our gamestyle relies on that athleticism, I mean we have been the highest scoring team in the comp for 2 years and his ability is part of that. I certainly don't think Dixon would make us a worse team but I doubt we would be any better.

Our system is flawed. It's great at extracting maximum value out of a dominant midfield performance, but when we're breaking even in there or losing, it's nothing but a further handicap. They're s**t if they're not getting it on their terms.

Why did Marty get suspended?

I feel like i have missed out

edit
Was he nasty to port
Pick on Calrton for Doc's ACL
Still fighting with mahlepi over dangerfield compo has his #lolmarty tag
on the pre workout forums telling people how many scoops get you pumped

this does need a poll.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'd kick a similar amount of goals to JJ to be honest, he'd provide more of a contested marking and defensive pressure presence for sure, but also make our forward line less mobile (and therefore more likely to be clogged up, reducing chances for others). Not convinced we'd be any better. In a final however, I could be convinced.....

It’s almost like you think our coaches are wrong

So a recruit who stinks it up in his first year and retires before his 2nd, is better than a bloke who kicked over 40 goals in an interrpted year and will actually provide something at least in the next.

Right, I want some of those drugs.

Thommo back to Port as a development coach. Good on him.

Following in the footsteps of S Rehn and T Edwards

I fear for his own development as a coach !

Nah
Good luck to him

Even if that were true (typically it isn’t) but it would still be better than JJ’s contract

1 more year vs 4 years...
Don't hog the doobie Sanders

So a recruit who stinks it up in his first year and retires before his 2nd, is better than a bloke who kicked over 40 goals in an interrpted year and will actually provide something at least in the next.

Right, I want some of those drugs.

Its not drugs, its old age that has led to dementia. He wont be with us for much longer.

edit
Was he nasty to port
Pick on Calrton for Doc's ACL
Still fighting with mahlepi over dangerfield compo has his #lolmarty tag
on the pre workout forums telling people how many scoops get you pumped

this does need a poll.
You forgot the Doedee v “Burton or anyone else “ draft pick

edit