Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst thing about Budweiser is its maybe the lightest, thinnest beer around but it's relatively high in alcohol at 1.4 a stubbie so you generally get through about four quickly because you still chase a satisfactory beer-y beer. Next minute you are pissed. The screw top makes it all too easy as well...

It's much better than Coors, I like the label of Bud, reminds me of the US... but eh. For 45 bucks I'll pick out another lager I've never had before.

The golden ale by James Squire I enjoy.
For international beers I prefer the czechoslovakia beer Kozel.
In the United States, Samuel Adams is the best one I've tried. Coors, Bud are terrible. Corona is highly over rated and think people just go for name recognition. I prefer the European style of beer with their pilsners and lighter flavoured beers over anything American.
I think Boags Premium has won the best tasting beer, in the world on at least 3 occasions.

The golden ale by James Squire I enjoy.
For international beers I prefer the czechoslovakia beer Kozel.
In the United States, Samuel Adams is the best one I've tried. Coors, Bud are terrible. Corona is highly over rated and think people just go for name recognition. I prefer the European style of beer with their pilsners and lighter flavoured beers over anything American.
I think Boags Premium has won the best tasting beer, in the world on at least 3 occasions.
People drink corona do get drunk I'd assume. It literally has no taste and is easy to drink like water.

I drank it when I went on a cruise with my family and it was like knocking back a cold glass of water.

I'm a little disappointed in Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo, nowhere near the fruit tastes I was expecting. I'm actually preferring the Gage Roads Single Fin I bought at the same time.

I'm a little disappointed in Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo, nowhere near the fruit tastes I was expecting. I'm actually preferring the Gage Roads Single Fin I bought at the same time.

The US beers just aren't travelling well at the moment.
Have been largely turned off for all the failures and not for the brewers efforts but for the delivery.

Too many have just tired for the journey.

The US beers just aren't travelling well at the moment.
Have been largely turned off for all the failures and not for the brewers efforts but for the delivery.

Too many have just tired for the journey.
Yes, I suspected it was something with the delivery rather than a duff beer as Sierra Nevada have always been solid. This time of year there are plenty of good local options for summer ales.

I've never been as rapt on Sierra Nevada as others. I mean they are okay, and i'll drink them but there are so many better options and so many better American beers.

Some people claim them to be the best brewery in the world or their staple as the best beer in the world. I think they're pretty good without being great.

Hop Nations Jedi Juice.

This one is the first Australian 'real deal' IPA.
Absolute beauty.....Can't believe it's Australian.....and brewed in Footscray.

Hats off to the guys there. Brilliant beer and just right for the current weather.

Sounds good!

3 Ravens do a handy IPA with their Juicy series.

Plus a good IPA from Stomping Ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was in the US last year I went through just about every Sierra Nevada, as I love the pale ale and the Torpedo IPA. And of course it's about 10 bucks for a six pack. I thought the Tropical Torpedo was hugely disappointing. From memory it was a really thin, sort of bland beer that you'd expect a brewery here to ship. I didn't know if it was supposed to be really fruity but I didn't have that either. It was sort of just a light on beer doing nothing. I didn't get it and was hugely disappointing. It has nothing to do with the travel – I had this in New Jersey, which is by no means California where it's brewed by it's close enough.

The Sidecar is awful too, do not try it for 10 let alone the 30 plus they'd charge you here. It's basically like the worst part of an orange mixed with a skunky second rate German beer that's been in the sun for an hour. Borderline impossible to actually drink. Maybe have it if you want to realise that maybe Sierra Nevada should just concentrate on three or so staples and absolutely nail them, and do some seasonal beers, rather than spread themselves too thin (literally, tastewise) with dumb novelty flavours.

Incredibly unpopular opinion but James Squire The Chancer was one of 2 beers I couldn't finish. I hated it.

Not too unpopular around some here I reckon mate - very average drop

Remove this Banner Ad

Back