Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point, I repeat is that 'Restoring Honour' (i.e. they thought America had lost something, that 'real America' was being ignored and God were actively being worked against) cannot have been about Obama doing something, because they also think he didn't do anything. So we agree that they think he wasn't doing much, yet they had a huge rally and formed a 'Tea Party' within half a year of his election. I think that's linked to the Birther movement and those identity politics which then was quickly twisted into the 'you are the victim' narrative that Fox News had spent time cultivating (e.g. War on Christmas).

I think it is hard to believe that a significant rump of GOP voters suddenly decided that they'd been doing it wrong for ages and that libertarianism was the approach. I think that sort of thing takes time to take hold. The fact it has taken hold so well this last year with Trump, but his rise was still a surprise, I think is due to that original Tea Party coming from the Birther movement and Beck's conspiracy theory approach. For some Republicans, they were ready to be manipulated again by Trump's online campaigners and so enough started switching across to him with the (I believe, also astroturfed) apparent momentum generated and promoted by online campaigners. Trump is not religious and acts in an immoral way (for religious people) in his personal life. So the 'religious' angle is somewhat scuppered here, right? Yet now it's the economy... OR there's the thing that the Tea Party and Trump have in common - not particularly liking non-whites.

We aren't racist, but we can't get any people of color (beyond a tiny minority) to vote for us because they are too stupid to realize we are the best party for them!

The point, I repeat is that 'Restoring Honour' (i.e. they thought America had lost something, that 'real America' was being ignored and God were actively being worked against) cannot have been about Obama doing something, because they also think he didn't do anything. So we agree that they think he wasn't doing much, yet they had a huge rally and formed a 'Tea Party' within half a year of his election. I think that's linked to the Birther movement and those identity politics which then was quickly twisted into the 'you are the victim' narrative that Fox News had spent time cultivating (e.g. War on Christmas).

I think it is hard to believe that a significant rump of GOP voters suddenly decided that they'd been doing it wrong for ages and that libertarianism was the approach. I think that sort of thing takes time to take hold. The fact it has taken hold so well this last year with Trump, but his rise was still a surprise, I think is due to that original Tea Party coming from the Birther movement and Beck's conspiracy theory approach. For some Republicans, they were ready to be manipulated again by Trump's online campaigners and so enough started switching across to him with the (I believe, also astroturfed) apparent momentum generated and promoted by online campaigners. Trump is not religious and acts in an immoral way (for religious people) in his personal life. So the 'religious' angle is somewhat scuppered here, right? Yet now it's the economy... OR there's the thing that the Tea Party and Trump have in common - not particularly liking non-whites.

The trump angle is an interesting one. For the reasons you mentioned, tea party peeps HATE trump. BUT, they hate losing, and they hate clinton. In the end they did a deal with the devil and got on board with trump (except a fair number switched to the libertarian candidate or just didnt front)

As i mentioned before, i think the relationship will become more strained in 2018. His gutting of enviro and financial regs is winning big kudos with their base, but he still needs to deal with entitlements and infrastructure. Mcconnell doesnt want to touch entitlements (it killed gwb sexond term) and infrastructure will nuke the debt ceiling

Evangelicals are in the same boat. They voted for him almost purely on the supreme court (although turnout was soft compared to past years). They loathe his morality, but with trump juicing the fed courts with hardcore conservatives, and potentially having three more SC appointments ahead of him, they are ignoring everything about him for the courts. Tbh i find this completely hypocritical, but hypocracy and evans aint exactly strange bedfellows

Working on his handicap - no time to tweet or muckrake :)
Seriously though - when it comes down to defending the "shithole" remark by saying it was "shithouse" instead - surely we can't go much lower :eek:
Surely no one genuinely cares about about this accurate description and everyone is just in faux-outrage mode!

lol. You are the one who is desperate to avoid discussing Islamic terrorism. "pathological fears". What utter BS. Its called reality.
Avoid discussing Islamic terrorism? I didn't realise "we" were discussing it.

Simply pathetic to claim that anyone who is against mass unskilled migration as per Germany is in favour of wiping out Muslims.
As I posted earlier, I am against mass migration (skilled or otherwise), for a number of reasons. None of which involve paranoia about the people.

So if you aren't for wiping out Muslims, what would you do about the hundreds of thousands already here (or millions in the case of the USA). Round them up and deport them? Hound them out of the country?

If they are intrinsically bad as you obviously believe, then what's your suggestion for fixing this "problem"?

Try being honest.

Crikey, 3 days without a scandal. A new record! Seems the natives are getting restless. LOL
Golfing...and doing charity/community work on MLK day.
Yep, working on his golfing handicap.

There's only been a report from a Trump friendly media outlet of a payout to a pr0n star, the president claiming to be the "least racist person" while lying about what he said days ago (no-one is buying it Donald), an early warning system declaring the start of a nuclear war with no response from the WH, playing golf on a holiday for public service, . . .

Typical 3 days in the Trump presidency.

Tomorrow we'll have Bannon & Lewandowski testifying before Congress while Trump meets with a dictator from Kazakhstan ( a country with money laundering ties to Trump I'm sure Muller would be investigating). Should be plenty of laughs with Steve "this is all about money laundering" Bannon trying to defend his "treasonous" comments.

Should be a fun week.

Crikey, 3 days without a scandal. A new record! Seems the natives are getting restless. LOL
Yet you sound almost relieved Must be difficult going into bat for this clown every day of the week with the knowledge that it's a house of cards

Debt and taxes and spending. These are people who want military spending gutted, welfare gutted, govt depts gutted. Debt is the symptom of govt overreach in their lives, which is why they bang on about debt. Forcing the govt to live under the cap ensures the restriction on the growth of govt

They don't want defence spending gutted. They only want things they don't give a s**t about to be gutted.

They don't want defence spending gutted. They only want things they don't give a s**t about to be gutted.

they only want defence at home - they dont want involvement in other peoples wars, these are guys who are fundamentally isolationist in the true US traditions

Last edited:
There's only been a report from a Trump friendly media outlet of a payout to a pr0n star, the president claiming to be the "least racist person" while lying about what he said days ago (no-one is buying it Donald), an early warning system declaring the start of a nuclear war with no response from the WH, playing golf on a holiday for public service, . . .

Typical 3 days in the Trump presidency.

Tomorrow we'll have Bannon & Lewandowski testifying before Congress while Trump meets with a dictator from Kazakhstan ( a country with money laundering ties to Trump I'm sure Muller would be investigating). Should be plenty of laughs with Steve "this is all about money laundering" Bannon trying to defend his "treasonous" comments.

Should be a fun week.
You're blaming Trump for not acknowledging a false alarm that occurred due to gross DNC incompetence?
You might like to play with this. The comments are as intriguing as the main report.

Rachel Maddow expertly connects the dots between Kazakhstan’s toxic mines and Trump’s NYC real estate developments

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/wa...nyc-real-estate-developments/?comments=disqus
More Madcow conspiracy theories? Spare me.
Yet you sound almost relieved Must be difficult going into bat for this clown every day of the week with the knowledge that it's a house of cards
I enjoy correcting fake news and pointing out hypocrisy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're blaming Trump for not acknowledging a false alarm that occurred due to gross DNC incompetence?
LOL, I'm surprised Hillary didn't get a run.

My comment was nothing about who or what was responsible for the alert, that's just a typical Trumpian misdirection.

We're talking about Trump and specifically his reaction to a state running for bunkers for 38 minutes due to an alert system that exists in large part due to his apocalyptic rhetoric.

Trump's response?

I'm sure the people of Hawaii feel sorry for the president being put out by fake news.

Yeah but mostly you respond to the Muslim part rather than ‘unskilled ‘ part.

It leaves us with the impression that being a WASP is the only skill you find relevant.

Don't be absurd. Silicon Valley is full of Indians. Why wouldnt you want them in your country?

In case you hadnt noticed Chief, he of unmatched wisdom the Muslim world isnt that rich, hence lacks skilled workers. You can call you racist if you like but the facts speak for themselves.

Don't be absurd. Silicon Valley is full of Indians. Why wouldnt you want them in your country?

In case you hadnt noticed Chief, he of unmatched wisdom the Muslim world isnt that rich, hence lacks skilled workers. You can call you racist if you like but the facts speak for themselves.

Iran has a uni system that is pumping out graduates in large numbers, well in excess of its needs

Are they not muslim?

Iran has a uni system that is pumping out graduates in large numbers, well in excess of its needs

Are they not muslim?
Yeah, and the poor Sultans of Brunei and Saudi Kings are struggling too. It's about time we set up a go fund me page.

Interesting to knock Muslim countries for being poor, especially in conjunction with praising India.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at your ongoing ignorance, but it gets me everytime.

Last edited:
Out of 68 economists surveyed, the majority give credit to Trump, not Barry, for the recent economic success in the US! Another argument put to rest!

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/368904-economists-agree-trump-not-obama-gets-credit-for-economy

It depends which aspects (and im talking generically here, not usa today on trump vs obama)

GDP and employment are lagging indicators, and these can take 12-18m to wash through after a policy change (ie interest rate cut). Its why Keating said driving the econony was like driving a car by only looking at the rear view mirror

Business confidence, consumer spending, and inflation can be impacted upon more immediately, but not always (post recession spending is always a slow return because it takes a lot of sunshine before peeps actually believe the s**t has changed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back