Kurt Tippett retires due to injury and fitness concerns.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a farce that the Swans are now forced to play with one less on the list for all of 2018. The AFL should allow them to sign a state-league player.

It's happened more than once before, so I doubt there will be any change to the rules

s**t.

He will be a running joke, but people forget that in 2015, for the first half of the season he was one of the best ruck/forwards in the entire league. He was unfortunately the type of player who struggled to play through injury so when he was a bit injured his performance dropped.
He was genuinely one of the best players in the league for that period. I thought it was the second half after he got banned for the first half.

Was potting goals from everywhere during that stint, physically too good as well.

When fit he was a good player. He could never play through injuries and failed to perform in big games. It’s a shame he couldn’t have fulfilled his potential, but nonetheless, he played 180 odd AFL games more than all the campaigners on BF who have potted him, including me at times.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was genuinely one of the best players in the league for that period. I thought it was the second half after he got banned for the first half.

Was potting goals from everywhere during that stint, physically too good as well.

He was really solid for 2013, 2014, 2015 and for about half of 2016. He struggled in a couple of big games, and also he tended to get injured, and usually, it took him a few weeks to find form again when coming back from injury. This lead to the perception he was not a good player, or a pea heart or whatever, bt when he was in form, he was always very good.

Come on mate. He is/was a Swans player who played very well for long periods of time. We are not Melbourne/Richmond or Carlton fans who eat our own.
Long period of time? He played 78 games for us and probably cost the best part of 4 mill..youd be lucky if half those games were actually good and half of those again that actually justified his pay

We are not Melbourne/Richmond or Carlton fans who eat our own.

I doubt the average Sydney supporter would have the footy nous to make any critical evaluations.

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back