I Had No Idea That Was The Same Actor

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no idea when watching Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer that the titular character was also Merle from The Walking Dead.

edit- also didn't realise he was also this guy in Mallrats.
26uU7MJ.gif
Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy

I was watching Coming to America the other night and thought the kid in the barber shop,who had no lines,looked familiar.
Well he is

cuba-gooding-jr-coming-to-america.jpg

8 years later

Show-me-the-money.gif

Yep,it was Cuba Gooding Jr
Same movie, watch out later for the guy who tries to rob McDowells - Samuel L Jackson.

Akeem's parents also played Simba's parents in The Lion King.

Popped into my head today and I thought "WTF Michael Shannon is in Bad Boys 2".

90c120d549b119f5ca617199f0d22e7d.gif
Played a mobster in Kangaroo Jack and was Greg (the guy who was banging Eminem's mum) in 8 Mile

images.jpeg

Ciaran Hinds as Aberforth Dumbledore in Harry Potter (left) and Mance Rayder in Game of Thrones (right)

I must have watched Road House at least 100 times in my life and only the other day did I notice that Keith David plays the replacement bartender at the Double Deuce.
IMG_0464.JPG

Just realised Jughead from Riverdale is the little boy from Big Daddy.

I had no idea that Jennifer Connolly was in Once Upon In America when she was 14.

jennifer-connelly-once-upon-a-time-in-america-1984-BPBR6Y.jpg

And Labyrinth

Just found out Fairuza Balk (Waterboy, American History X, The Craft) was Dorothy in Return to Oz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about music? :D I had no idea for years that the guy who sang Oh Sherrie, Steve Perry, was the lead singer of Journey.
Same with Peter Gabriel being the former lead singer of Genesis
It goes on and on

The lead singer of Blur and Gorillaz being the same guy still baffles me whenever I think about it. Two very different bands.

I didn't know that Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks' wife) was a guest star in two of my favorite episodes of my favorite sitcoms. In 1999, Rita Wilson played the role of Mia in Frasier, where Frasier Crane meets children's author Mia before asking her out and the two begin dating. What Frasier doesn't realize is that Mia is an absolute double for his late mother, but Niles and Martin pick up on it straight away as do Daphne and Roz, despite the two women having only seen photographs of Mrs. Crane. That Mia has strong maternal instincts makes it all the more awkward, and when Frasier finally does realize he goes into an Oedipus-like meltdown.

Then in 2001 in the well-known Curb Your Enthusiasm episode 'The Doll', Rita Wilson plays the role of Ann, the wife of a Hollywood producer to whom Larry David and Jeff are shamelessly fawning to get a new sitcom off the ground. However, this goes awry when Larry cuts the hair of Ann's daughter's doll Judy, enraging Ann who insists Larry replace or repair the expensive doll and also views him with great suspicion from this point on. This is hardly surprising given that Larry went into her daughter's bedroom and started playing dolls with her, a series of other misunderstandings involving the bathroom (Cheryl gets the worst of this), and Larry's bumbling attempts at fixing the doll situation which earn both him and Jeff Susie's considerable wrath in the process.

I must have watched Road House at least 100 times in my life and only the other day did I notice that Keith David plays the replacement bartender at the Double Deuce.
View attachment 459786

WTF? He pops up in obscure roles a lot in the 80s. Same with Braddock at the start of the film. I was disappointed it wasnt a set up to see him later. Every film benefits when they include more Keith David.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back