The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's presumably a payment for being 'loyal' to the club. If the club sells you, you get it. If you ask to leave or someone triggers a release clause you asked for, you don't get it.
28061138_1767026546697188_3994425378673706407_o.jpg
Who do you think when sunnies and dark T-shirt first between Migs and Karius?

On Ward, there was a good point made on an LFC podcast the other week that one of our GK coaches is a Welsh GK coach too. So he would know Ward very well, yet Ward barely got a look in. He looked as good as Karius when we saw him, but Karius is being given a go. His saves so far have just been OK, but he does look to be growing in confidence, so hopefully he comes good. Still unsure about him being a guy who can save a good shot.

It's a seller's market right now as a lot of clubs with rich new owners and their cashed up rivals are going Galactico.

Everyone wants names, every punter on SM wants the best, in my opinion it's lazy and infantile and I personally prefer LFCs moneyball approach.

De Gea was total excrement when he arrived at ManU and my how we all laughed. No one's laughing now.

Klopp wants to make potential players brilliant, and if he can do with Karius what he did with Lallana in 2016-7 as an example, I'd much prefer that than just buying our way to the top.

On the flip side, I have a suspicion that being the world's most expensive player might be a label too heavy for young Neymar, especially in France. I doubt we'll see a bubble bursting just yet, but hopefully clubs will start having more success developing their own players again and gigantic transfer fees will drop down again.
No, De Gea wasn't sh*t when he started. He just had an issue with coming for crosses. He's always been very good at shot-stopping. And Neymar is fine with the big price tag. That's why he moved. He wanted to be the main man, getting paid, and not being Messi's off-sider.

Don't understand why Can wants a release clause so badly. It's not so hard to leave a club without one, just need to hand in a transfer request nice and early in the window.

You essentially avoid a Coutinho situation and it gives the player total power to choose whether to stay or go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Juve pay more than Liverpool in wages?

I would say initially he will probably get more since they don't have to pay a transfer fee for him. After his 1st contract it is difficult to say one way or the other. They do have some pretty high earners already though.

I would say initially he will probably get more since they don't have to pay a transfer fee for him. After his 1st contract it is difficult to say one way or the other. They do have some pretty high earners already though.

It makes no sense. It would cost $50m to buy a player like Can. That is 200k per week for 5 years. Just give him what he wants.

I wonder if the lads deliberately had Karius and Migs sit together, or maybe the goalies are always just left out of the fun. Also, someone should have told Bobby to wipe the left over charlie off his shirt.
Mane the copycat :D

This is brilliant. Mane seems like the shy guy but when he's around the lads you know he's a top guy who loves to take the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back