Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be so, but Warner is a dead set bogan of the highest order. He dishes it out to all and sundry, then cracks the sads when he is on the receiving end.
Nah, sorry mate but this is a load of s**t.

He was like that in the past but hes been good for the last couple of years, to the point of not joining in the sledging when most of the team is doing it.

Look back on all the times in the last 2 yrs there has been an incident with Warner and there is an opposition player who is the cause that gets off scott free because it's Warner he's getting in the face of.

It's the Lindsay Thomas rule, you do something early in your career and you're tarred for the remainder no matter how little you actually do that act after a certain point.

If reports are correct Warner had every right to react the way he did and De Kock should be sanctioned for his comments.

He was like that in the past but hes been good for the last couple of years, to the point of not joining in the sledging when most of the team is doing it.

Look back on all the times in the last 2 yrs there has been an incident with Warner and there is an opposition player who is the cause that gets off scott free because it's Warner he's getting in the face of.

It's the Lindsay Thomas rule, you do something early in your career and you're tarred for the remainder no matter how little you actually do that act after a certain point.

If reports are correct Warner had every right to react the way he did and De Kock should be sanctioned for his comments.

Everytime an Australian self-loather or opposition supporter cites how bad the Australians are, I just remember the face of one-way traffic when it comes to good sportsmanship:

symonds-andrew-image.jpg

"Anything goes if you do it to an Australian"

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...k/news-story/2c8797d745b3ebcc96f76080170b3420

Who knows, I have no sympathy foe either of them. But going on exposed form, Warner is a bogan grub in my book.

Those boorish aussies strike again. We are truly a stupid bogan riddled country and cricket team.

We need to step up and introduce a caste system or at least some apartheid to give ourselves some moral high ground as a national team.
Considering indigenous people didn't get the vote in Australia until 1962 I think we gave apartheid a good go...

Those boorish aussies strike again. We are truly a stupid bogan riddled country and cricket team.

We need to step up and introduce a caste system or at least some apartheid to give ourselves some moral high ground as a national team.

Mrs nn once said to me had we been in SA years ago we wouldn't have been able to get on the same bus.......... unless I was driving it!!

Yeah I paid that :D

Davey Warner. One day a player will punch this loud mouth bogan on the field and 99 per cent of the cricket population will approve. His boorish behaviour is childish

Geez I don’t get the angst here about Warner. The issue is larger than Warner. Besides one can half forgive the outburst if in fact the sledge was about his wife.

Agreed that he is a bogan. Though, he seems to be the cover boy for the sledge. Sledging has now become a part of international cricket, whether we like it or not.

The recent SA vs India series had major issues with it. Australia vs India is fiery and its not just the Australians antagonising. Kohli nearly punched on with Anderson a few years back. I’m pretty confident that most of the major test nations do it.

Crowds even get into it, In fact we have the barmy army sledging the Australian players (ie, Warner and Lyon) throughout the summer, and this is ok?

Hell, there is some sort of sledging in most forms of competitive cricket at senior level in Australia.

The issue isn’t Warner. It’s the ICC’s spineless approach to creating a standard.
What is the standard? What is jest? Or defining what is going too far?

Blame the Aussies blame, Warner all you want. Sledging is an international cricket problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I don’t get the angst here about Warner. The issue is larger than Warner. Besides one can half forgive the outburst if in fact the sledge was about his wife.

Agreed that he is a bogan. Though, he seems to be the cover boy for the sledge. Sledging has now become a part of international cricket, whether we like it or not.

The recent SA vs India series had major issues with it. Australia vs India is fiery and its not just the Australians antagonising. Kohli nearly punched on with Anderson a few years back. I’m pretty confident that most of the major test nations do it.

Crowds even get into it, In fact we have the barmy army sledging the Australian players (ie, Warner and Lyon) throughout the summer, and this is ok?

Hell, there is some sort of sledging in most forms of competitive cricket at senior level in Australia.

The issue isn’t Warner. It’s the ICC’s spineless approach to creating a standard.

Blame the Aussies blame, Warner all you want. Sledging is an international cricket problem.
Hear, hear!

Agree with all of this except the last line.

Good win by the Vics. 24 runs ,phew,bit close but.

Yep, thought they were gone when NSW needed (I think it was) 39 runs with 4 wickets still in hand... But Fawad turned into Mitch Starc with the tail there!

If my calculations are correct & the current Tas vs SA match continues as is, the Vics' next match in Hobart will likely be for a place in the Shield final. A draw would open up a spot for another team.

Agree with all of this except the last line.
If it’s not an international problem then who’s ultimate responsibility is it? The ACB?

I guess I see the ACB as the equivalent of the WAFL or SANFL. ECB is ditto. Perhaps the the BCCI is like the VFL.

The ICC is the governing body. Rule maker. I believe it’s their mess to clean up. As ACB laws only apply to our players.

If it’s not an international problem then who’s ultimate responsibility is it? The ACB?

I guess I see the ACB as the equivalent of the WAFL or SANFL. ECB is ditto. Perhaps the the BCCI is like the VFL.

The ICC is the governing body. Rule maker. I believe it’s their mess to clean up. As ACB laws only apply to our players.
Na, it’s not a problem!!

David Warner & Quinton de Kock charged by ICC after South Africa v Australia Test
  • 06 March 2018
Australia batsman David Warner and South Africa's Quinton de Kock have been charged by the International Cricket Council for an incident after the first Test in Durban.

Video footage appears to show Australia vice-captain Warner having to be restrained by team-mates during an altercation with wicketkeeper De Kock.

The two players have until Wednesday to respond to the charges.

Warner was charged with a level two offence, De Kock with a level one.

A level two offence carries three or four demerit points, while a level one offence carries one or two, meaning Warner could be banned for one Test, while the heaviest penalty De Kock faces is a fine.

Vice-captain Warner received the full backing of his coach Darren Lehmann, who said they were "certainly supporting David".

Australia won the first Test by 118 runs. The second Test starts on Friday at St George's Park in Port Elizabeth.

David Warner & Quinton de Kock charged by ICC after South Africa v Australia Test
  • 06 March 2018
Australia batsman David Warner and South Africa's Quinton de Kock have been charged by the International Cricket Council for an incident after the first Test in Durban.

Video footage appears to show Australia vice-captain Warner having to be restrained by team-mates during an altercation with wicketkeeper De Kock.

The two players have until Wednesday to respond to the charges.

Warner was charged with a level two offence, De Kock with a level one.

A level two offence carries three or four demerit points, while a level one offence carries one or two, meaning Warner could be banned for one Test, while the heaviest penalty De Kock faces is a fine.

Vice-captain Warner received the full backing of his coach Darren Lehmann, who said they were "certainly supporting David".

Australia won the first Test by 118 runs. The second Test starts on Friday at St George's Park in Port Elizabeth.

Why does the ruling body of every sport resemble a limp dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back