Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

He was named in the 'new players' section on the AFL site last night as i was confused at first too because I've never seen them do that before. Looks like they've fixed it now though. Good news, means we can use for a downgrade later and not this early
Ahhh so that's what I saw. That makes sense. Thought I was going crazy haha. Yeah that's a bit stupid. Call a spade a spade, don't go confusing the rest of us with 'new players' that aren't actually playing :think:

The minute Crozier went down, I had a feeling this guy might play...

WESTERN Bulldogs' top draft pick Ed Richards will make his debut against West Coast on Sunday to continue the family’s long-standing tradition in the AFL.

Pick 16 in last year's NAB AFL Draft, Richards will replace Hayden Crozier across half-back after an impressive performance in last week's VFL practice match against Geelong.

Should be in for a month, could be a decent choice - Running defender Hayden Crozier injured his knee in the loss to Greater Western Sydney and will spend up to a month recovering.

Gonna give him a week to see if he's any decent first. Half back role though. Could net him a 70 AV

Thoughts on Goldy > NicNat and Christensen > Petracca?

or

Goldy > NicNat and O'Connor > Zuthrie?
I think going to NicNat is a risk, Id be more comfortable with Goldy, You cant expect that score from NN week in and out, that was all adrenaline. But boy o boy am i hoping he does play like that every week. Petracca looked amazing out there, should have been a 110 game from him if he could kick straight.

I think going to NicNat is a risk, Id be more comfortable with Goldy, You cant expect that score from NN week in and out, that was all adrenaline. But boy o boy am i hoping he does play like that every week. Petracca looked amazing out there, should have been a 110 game from him if he could kick straight.
I am really worried about NicNat and I do agree I reckon his score was inflated due to adrenaline and being so excited to get back out there and play footy. He has another easy matchup this week though and could get 80-85. Goldy I backed in at the start of the season and he did reasonably well last week in the wet but got smashed by Witts overall.

Thoughts on
Christenson > English (Sideways AF I know)
but then allows me to go Witherden > Simpson

Guys, i'm going Naughton to Ed. Richards in a trade. Is that crazy? I'd love to keep Naughton but I really liked the look of Richards in the pre-season. It also allows me to go Merrett to Josh Kelly which isn't necessary but allows me to get a player who is just as good as merrett just without the injury hoopla.

What are people doing with Merrett. I feel like even if he is named there is a good chance he has at least one or two bad games (took Gaff half a season to get back to his normal scoring after getting concussed). His BE is 190 so he is gunna drop again this week and prob next week too, and if he scores poorly in those games he will keep dropping for a while yet. Then when he does come good and costs less than 700k everyone will jump on... Everything sort of screams at me to jump off and grab him when he levels out/ comes good again even if he does play this week.
Valid points, I like the idea of managing the cash for sure.

Guys, i'm going Naughton to Ed. Richards in a trade. Is that crazy? I'd love to keep Naughton but I really liked the look of Richards in the pre-season. It also allows me to go Merrett to Josh Kelly which isn't necessary but allows me to get a player who is just as good as merrett just without the injury hoopla.
Just hold Merrett unless he is a confirmed out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in Tom Doedee $203,000
out Jacob Weitering $397,000
in Blake Acres $575,000
out Cameron Rayner $268,000

Holman I would play for sure.

The rest is a flip. I would play Brayshaw I think over Banfield against Essendon at home. Much more free flowing game. Barry has to contend with Sydney in Sydney so would bench him.

I'm thinking Brayshaw/Kelly on field, Holman (E)/Banfield on bench. Also worried about tackle situation and fatigue after last week's game.

So many people wanting to bring Nic Nat in.

Guys career high dream team average is 88. And hes only averaged above 80 twice.
Played an absolute blinder for 93.
And the 55% TOG argument I think is more detrimental than a scope for improvement. Aside from JLT game, a guy that plays 55% TOG has more floor than ceiling. Just my opinion.

What are people doing with Merrett. I feel like even if he is named there is a good chance he has at least one or two bad games (took Gaff half a season to get back to his normal scoring after getting concussed). His BE is 190 so he is gunna drop again this week and prob next week too, and if he scores poorly in those games he will keep dropping for a while yet. Then when he does come good and costs less than 700k everyone will jump on... Everything sort of screams at me to jump off and grab him when he levels out/ comes good again even if he does play this week.

Lots of posts earlier on this - most people feel keeping is best strategy.
He won't fall below 700k unless he suffers another injury, which could happen to anyone and shouldn't be relied upon.

He's already lost the bulk of value, scoring 23 from a breakeven of around 120.
If he goes 120+ against Freo (against 190 BE) then 120+ against WB under the roof (against 150+ BE) then he will only lose another 50k.
And if he goes 150+ in one of those games he hardly falls at all and you've missed a great score.

Trust your gut however!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back