AFL Round 5: St. Kilda vs Greater Western Sydney Saturday 1:45pm AEST @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Win/draw, it doesn't make any difference to us really. We aren't playing finals this year so ultimately it isn't going to cost us.

The pleasing thing was seeing the belief return to the team. That's been missing all year. We're still a long way off it in terms of form but that's mental. Belief is the biggest step to turning that around.

I like Weller back in the team. He keeps his team-mates honest in terms of effort. That's been lacking at key points this season too. So it was good to see us keep it up for four quarters.

We didn't win but hopefully it helps turn our dismal season around to at least being competitive again.

Well done Sainters - great effort today.
Stick with your coach, Richardson is good - stop getting on the coaching roundabout looking for the Messiah.
Unless a Clarkson becomes available it is pretty pointless constantly changing. You may want to tweak some of the assistant coaches though
(..but hands off Robert Harvey please)
Lots of teams in the same predicament at the same stage of their development/rebuild. Need to stay patient.
If you do dump him, I would be happy to see him back at the Pies as a development coach again.
Few more supporters at the game would help too.

Living in Adelaide I don’t hear about much at all. Bolton, Richardson and Buckley get the most heat and it seems Cameron avoids it despite the Giants massively underachieving and putting up performances like today

GWS and the Gold Coast are the same. A Culture-less team of people playing for money and holidays. Bunch of cowboy hollywood boys. They are not playing for their town, their club, their fans. They play for the large sums of money they get paid and that's about all there is too it. Hence the selfish and un-teamlike style of football these clowns play. Look at fools like Greene and Heath Shaw.

Living in Adelaide I don’t hear about much at all. Bolton, Richardson and Buckley get the most heat and it seems Cameron avoids it despite the Giants massively underachieving and putting up performances like today

Well he does. Often.

All teams have bad games.

Making the last 2 final 4 finals isnt under achieving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not that impressive of an effort by our boys, Saints at 40% ball efficiency, against a Giants side only missing a few players. I’m not sure who goes away happy with either performance.

Not that impressive of an effort by our boys, Saints at 40% ball efficiency, against a Giants side only missing a few players. I’m not sure who goes away happy with either performance.

GWS don't play very well away. It's been a problem they have had since they became competitive a few years ago. The media seems to think that they are invincible, but most of their away games that I see, they seem to struggle, even against sides they should handle easily - They might still get wins, but they just don't look like the same team as when they are at home. Until they fix their away troubles, they won't threaten for a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both sides looked totally spent in the last few minutes. Giants will be disappointed they didn’t put the Saints away when they had the chance. Saints will be disappointed to fight back but not quite enough to win. Diabolical crowd for a Victorian team though.

Well he does. Often.

All teams have bad games.

Making the last 2 final 4 finals isnt under achieving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nothing to show for having arguably the best list in the comp is underachieving IMO. This squad should be annihilating sides like the Saints.

I think most were expecting less but still very average for a Victorian side at home.

Who would want to go to Etihad with the roof closed on a perfect sunny Autumn Melbourne day!
GWS ain't a draw card but the Saints crowd figures have been shocking this season so far.

Etihad is a s**t hole through! They shouldn't schedule day games there might as well just use it for night matches if the roof is going to be closed.

GWS don't play very well away. It's been a problem they have had since they became competitive a few years ago. The media seems to think that they are invincible, but most of their away games that I see, they seem to struggle, even against sides they should handle easily - They might still get wins, but they just don't look like the same team as when they are at home. Until they fix their away troubles, they won't threaten for a flag.
No no your wrong.
We beat you at home a couple of weeks ago. Surely you remember?

GWS and the Gold Coast are the same. A Culture-less team of people playing for money and holidays. Bunch of cowboy hollywood boys. They are not playing for their town, their club, their fans. They play for the large sums of money they get paid and that's about all there is too it. Hence the selfish and un-teamlike style of football these clowns play. Look at fools like Greene and Heath Shaw.

Hard to compete with the Pies drink driving culture but we are happy nontheless.

Last contest wasn’t a free, Carlisle should’ve marked it. The Ben king holding the ball was holding the ball on the back flank...but.....that happened numerous times throughout the day when saints tackled gws and Shane Mcinerney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back