AFL Round 5: St. Kilda vs Greater Western Sydney Saturday 1:45pm AEST @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Nit so ironic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"Nit"?

...as opposed to nitwit I suppose - BTW you know you don't have to advertise what sort of phone you are using everytime you make a post...or haven't you figured out how to turn the Tapatalk blurb off?! haha

Sent by me on Bigfooty to a Mental Giant.:p

"Nit"?

...as opposed to nitwit I suppose - BTW you know you don't have to advertise what sort of phone you are using everytime you make a post...or haven't you figured out how to turn the Tapatalk blurb off?! haha

Sent by me on Bigfooty to a Mental Giant.:p
My original comment stands.

Who would want to go to Etihad with the roof closed on a perfect sunny Autumn Melbourne day!
Everyone, its much better with the roof closed. If they'd let everyone know the roof was going be closed probably would have got a better crowd. That and no bloody replacement buses and the promise of an actual contest.

Anyone that think's Etihad is better with the roof open on a sunny day has never been at the ground in such conditions or watched such a game on TV.

yeah considering you guys drew 21k to a Friday night vs us last year, yes please lets talk crowds

That was widely talked about which is why we need to talk about the saints crowd. They are meant to be challenging where as we are in a full rebuild which makes the saints pathetic crowd all the more concerning.

St Kilda have a tradition and they’re not likely to forget their colours in an AFL game, regardless of where they stand on the AFL ladder, and who beat them in the previous weeks. And if the Giants game plan is to waltz through teams, without bothering to man up, and to bang long into their forward 50 expecting an easy mark & goal, they’re forgetting the first lesson from Mr Miyagi, respect. Respect your opposition.

Now I’m not saying this because of who I follow, but the Giants have the best group of AFL players to ever play within the same AFL team. They’re only second to the All-Australian teams. Fact. So 7 times out of 10 the Giants will win these games with a game plan devised for an AFL Premiership team to go up against a metropolitan regional under 13 team, But the 3 times out of 10 that they lose includes preliminary finals.

St Kilda have a tradition and they’re not likely to forget their colours in an AFL game, regardless of where they stand on the AFL ladder, and who beat them in the previous weeks. And if the Giants game plan is to waltz through teams, without bothering to man up, and to bang long into their forward 50 expecting an easy mark & goal, they’re forgetting the first lesson from Mr Miyagi, respect. Respect your opposition.

Now I’m not saying this because of who I follow, but the Giants have the best group of AFL players to ever play within the same AFL team. They’re only second to the All-Australian teams. Fact. So 7 times out of 10 the Giants will win these games with a game plan devised for an AFL Premiership team to go up against a metropolitan regional under 13 team, But the 3 times out of 10 that they lose includes preliminary finals.
The AA sides are made from the best players in the comp in the various positions. Perhaps you'd like to identify in which position our list has the best player? Last year Kelly and Shiel made it, and wouldn't have been the first mids selected.

Not true.

A look at the AA lists over the lst few years shows we dont.

Everyone, its much better with the roof closed. If they'd let everyone know the roof was going be closed probably would have got a better crowd. That and no bloody replacement buses and the promise of an actual contest.

Anyone that think's Etihad is better with the roof open on a sunny day has never been at the ground in such conditions or watched such a game on TV.

Completely missed my point.
I was more referring to the fact it was such a nice day for saints fans to waste it at the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AA sides are made from the best players in the comp in the various positions. Perhaps you'd like to identify in which position our list has the best player? Last year Kelly and Shiel made it, and wouldn't have been the first mids selected.

Of course Josh Kelly will be in there because people like Buckley, Goodes, Voss, Macleod etc have posters of Josh Kelly on their walls. But you have to remember I did state, because I’m being unbiased, that the AA team will be a better list, but no AFL team ever have been comprised of players of the calibre of the Giants.

Of course Josh Kelly will be in there because people like Buckley, Goodes, Voss, Macleod etc have posters of Josh Kelly on their walls. But you have to remember I did state, because I’m being unbiased, that the AA team will be a better list, but no AFL team ever have been comprised of players of the calibre of the Giants.
So you dont think the 3peat Lions and Hawks were better?
Geez you have a long bow your stretching there.

Not true.

A look at the AA lists over the lst few years shows we dont.

Yeah but technically the AA team doesn’t actually play, if they did they would field a better team than the Giants, but against all other real teams you wouldn’t find a better list. The reason why some other players get a guernsey on the AA team is out of the 4-500 possessions the Giants get in a game have to be shared amongst the team, but if you put each Giant in another team for a game and they’d be racking up the possessions.

So every player passing away that plays 6 matches gets every club to wear black arm bands that week?

Hold on, I'm buying up shares in electrical tape.
Have you ever played football? It takes 20 seconds to put tape on your arm, significantly unders on the time the average AFL player (past and present) will spend reflecting on Yarran's death this weekend. There is an inclusivity in rarified human groups (including high level sports).

Of course, if the purpose of your comments was to trigger other posters, congratulations - you've taken out my "Unofficial nimrod & s**t bloke of the week"award.

Yeah but technically the AA team doesn’t actually play, if they did they would field a better team than the Giants, but against all other real teams you wouldn’t find a better list. The reason why some other players get a guernsey on the AA team is out of the 4-500 possessions the Giants get in a game have to be shared amongst the team, but if you put each Giant in another team for a game and they’d be racking up the possessions.

Look at the supposed stars we have lost.

Boyd? Playing his 1st game after being in the VFL
Treloar stopped developing years ago.

We got top picks yeah. To say we got them right or that we havent been brought back to the pack with the salary cal would be a lie.

GWS don't play very well away. It's been a problem they have had since they became competitive a few years ago. The media seems to think that they are invincible, but most of their away games that I see, they seem to struggle, even against sides they should handle easily - They might still get wins, but they just don't look like the same team as when they are at home. Until they fix their away troubles, they won't threaten for a flag.
Didn’t they beat Collingwood a couple of weeks ago

While still to early to tell with this group would agree to disagree.

But this is only a structure thing, Giants show a bit more respect to the opposition, and those behinds that they’re kicking turn into goals and then add on an extra 5-10...

Look at the supposed stars we have lost.

Boyd? Playing his 1st game after being in the VFL
Treloar stopped developing years ago.

We got top picks yeah. To say we got them right or that we havent been brought back to the pack with the salary cal would be a lie.

Technically these players are not the matured Giants players that you see in the team today. They are Collingwood and Bulldogs players.

For example, Boyd was part of a premiership in his second year at Bulldogs and this was only his second/third year of senior football (given that he only played a few games at the Giants). But if Boyd developed as part of The Giants he would have been forged out of iron on the anvil of despair using the hammer of courage.

https://australianfootball.com/leag...&ground=34&limit=1000&order_by=crowd&sort=asc

This is a link to a list of St Kildas lowest Home crowds. Courtesy of some guy with a blue tick on twitter. Saints should be ashamed of themselves! They should count themselves lucky they still have a team to be honest.

Thanks for you concern and great sleuth work.

You should have driven down and watched today's wonderful game, you seem very interested in the saints and there are 3 game memberships that you could sign up for.

You alone could have spared us the utter shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back