Discussion Best Longsleeve Guernsey Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so much the best longsleeve evaah, but it's a weird, unique, historic one.
Sturt FC (I've been waiting to find decent photos). All throughout their history they have worn navy sleeves as they used to wear navy guernseys. I guess they just persevered with it.
FB_IMG_1505965106858.jpg
FB_IMG_1505965186480.jpg

Sturt FC (I've been waiting to find decent photos). All throughout their history they have worn navy sleeves as they used to wear navy guernseys. I guess they just persevered with it.
View attachment 418570
View attachment 418572
Interesting. Reminds me of how the longy wearers at my local club wore home long sleevers under our away jumper this year because ISC didn't give us any away long sleeve jumpers.

19511036_1331783460262844_943442870877935508_n.jpg

Interesting. Reminds me of how the longy wearers at my local club wore home long sleevers under our away jumper this year because ISC didn't give us any away long sleeve jumpers.

That actually looks better than I thought it would.

Dylan8 dat you fam?

View attachment 418570
View attachment 418572

Also accentuates the whole Double Blues moniker.

ISC long sleeves have a nice fit, even COAR is very comfortable. Still, though a longsleeve Crows jumper is not easy to come across, nicely done!
For some weird reason there has been a lot of Adidas crows long sleeve guernseys on eBay and Gumtree this week, usually a hard find. Got a very rare 2008 Crows away long sleeve on eBay about a year ago and it is quality (apart from the sleeve length being less than ideal). Gee I hate how ISC/AFC don't make any long sleeve replicas available.

There was a VFL game earlier this year where a Northern Blues player wore a navy blue long sleeve with a white clash jumper over the top against Essendon IIRC. (Can't seem to find a photo)

I bought one from one of the factory outlet stores near Adelaide Airport back in 2013 for $50. Bargain.
Harbourtown? Where from? Rebel? A-Mart? (I can't remember what stores are there at the moment, might need to give that part of the city a visit..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harbourtown? Where from? Rebel? A-Mart? (I can't remember what stores are there at the moment, might need to give that part of the city a visit..)
It's the one on Tapley's Hill Road ( I think) but my memory escapes me as the stores name. They had a lot of varied clothing so it could have been a rebel factory outlet. But being four years back, I'm not 100% on that.

It's the one on Tapley's Hill Road ( I think) but my memory escapes me as the stores name. They had a lot of varied clothing so it could have been a rebel factory outlet. But being four years back, I'm not 100% on that.
Harbourtown.
Hmm, there was a store 4 years back that used to have all kinds of sport gear (and Mero 's VFL/AFL Premierships poster hanging from the ceiling) so I might know the one. Maybe.
Damn IT.

The Saints were certainly out in force with the Longies down in Tassie last week - maybe 5 or 6 of them I reckon.
http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=collection:AFL 2018 Round 06 - Hawthorn v St Kilda&image_id=587018

When was the last time a Hawks player wore a Longy? Obviously before Clarko’s Days...

I think he made a rule where they aren’t allowed to wear one as everyone in the team needs to be uniformed the same

Yeh Hawks players aren't allowed to wear longies unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back