Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I am the exact opposite. Cripps will be the Blues next captain and a one club player. He seems to have real selfless leadership qualities and will stick by the Blues.

Cogs we could get this year as he is a fa in 2019.
Coniglio has those same leadership qualities as Cripps, why the distinction between the two?

I was laughing so hard at Masten trying to be Dusty that I wasn't even mad at the HTB. His "don't argue" is more of a "well, actually, man..."
I just felt sorry for him. You know when someone does something and you feel so embarrassed for them you pretend it didn't happen kind of thing.

But he is providing damn good team football overall.

+ Small defender unit of Duggan, Hurn, Shep, Cole and Nelson, apart from a couple of wayward hand passes, were very solid defensively and when the opportunity arose provided plenty of rebound for us.
+ JD great game. Teamed better with JK yesterday.
+ Rioli - very impressive.
+ Petro - looked more comfortable yesterday.
+ Gaffy & Slyce - get em re-signed straight away.
+ Midfield chasing and tackling - increased wheels in midfield very evident yesterdau

- I hope McG isn't trying to establish a 'body of evidence' to support his contract negotiations. This years folder has a few missing games - yesterdays was underwhelming for me.

Edit - added midfield speed comment

not many passengers is this game so all good very happy,
I thought Rioli played a mature game, really worked hard and took good options,
its like he has learnt to not overdo trying to be impressive and just let it happen.

Much happier with the win after port had a go at it.We must be the only team in afl wi
This x 100.

My first time at the new stadium today.
I couldn't believe how chilled out the crowd was. Very little vocal support. The best the players seem to get is a round of applause.
Even when Port were lifting and West Coast could really use the crowd on their side, it is like the crowd retreated into their shells.

it seemed like the Power chant was louder than any Eagles chant I heard.
Must have lost their voice from the derby

+ Small defender unit of Duggan, Hurn, Shep, Cole and Nelson, apart from a couple of wayward hand passes, were very solid defensively and when the opportunity arose provided plenty of rebound for us.
+ JD great game. Teamed better with JK yesterday.
+ Rioli - very impressive.
+ Petro - looked more comfortable yesterday.
+ Gaffy & Slyce - get em re-signed straight away.
+ Midfield chasing and tackling - increased wheels in midfield very evident yesterdau

- I hope McG isn't trying to establish a 'body of evidence' to support his contract negotiations. This years folder has a few missing games - yesterdays was underwhelming for me.

Edit - added midfield speed comment
Man Lycett and Nic had 12 clearances between them of which Lycett had 7 wow big time games

not many passengers is this game so all good very happy,
I thought Rioli played a mature game, really worked hard and took good options,
its like he has learnt to not overdo trying to be impressive and just let it happen.
I like Lycetts game 16 disposals, 7 clearances, 3 tackles. We smacked Port in the contested + 42 loved that. He uses his weight and size to massive effect. The players walk taller when Lycett and Nic Nat are around we mean business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the dust has settled

WCE #2 in attack

#5 in defence

PLUS

upload_2018-5-6_18-27-9.png
16th in clangers per game is pretty bloody good too, don't want to be high on that list. :)
upload_2018-5-6_18-28-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-6_18-27-38.png
    upload_2018-5-6_18-27-38.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
I like Lycetts game 16 disposals, 7 clearances, 3 tackles. We smacked Port in the contested + 42 loved that. He uses his weight and size to massive effect. The players walk taller when Lycett and Nic Nat are around we mean business
Lycett has been a beast this season, eagles need to sign him up ASAP.

I thought Hammies were generally about a 3 week injury?
For a partial tear (the most dramatic hammy 'pings' tend to be tears), he's looking at around 4 weeks rest before running. A grade 1 leaves you able to walk with some discomfort, but he looked pretty uncomfortable being assisted off.

Rioli is sensational.rate him over Richmond’s.Every time he is around the contest you feel you are a chance.
I love the big blokes and ours are rippers.GWS could win a premiership with Lycett.
Cole is so composed in the middle.Hes our”hold” man.Bonus is he’s tough
Darling is on fire in the air.Hes allowing JK time to find his feet.JK being down on form is perversely a bonus as we have his guaranteed improvement up our sleeve.
Petrol looks like he belongs.Having Petrol,Ryan Rioli and Venablesin the same side is going to be frightening.
I feel we are a side on the cusp of greatness.We have good big men with competent backup,and we have pace and toughness in our smaller men.
Our recruiters should be getting roundly applauded as this last crop could be the best ever across the board.It goes to show that new recruits don’t need to spend years rotting in WAFL before getting a shot at the big time.Clubs Aust wide must be tearing their hair out wondering how guys like Petrol and Rioli previously can slip through.Watson,Ainsworth,Brander and Mcguiness are smashing the door down to play.
Is it just me or is there a sniff of the Hawks about this team.? Good team footy,tough and a lot of individual brilliance.
From the glass half full, Shuey going down gives us the chance to play another newly.

Dom Sheed your not guaranteed a spot.
Shuey.Have a rest son,relax,recouperate.
Cripps,we have a few very competent people eventually coming back with an eye to ......your spot?

Dom Sheed your not guaranteed a spot.
why not? He's been one of our best mids this season and one of the reasons that our midfield is doing well. Yep his last two weeks haven't been as great but we now know that he's been battling an ankle injury. If fit, he's a walk in.

why not? He's been one of our best mids this season and one of the reasons that our midfield is doing well. Yep his last two weeks haven't been as great but we now know that he's been battling an ankle injury. If fit, he's a walk in.
If it came to Sheed or Cole?? Mmmmmmm?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back