Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger

I had a pearler for this one

Too bad, so sad

Was my third choice (after I couldn’t find a real version by Dylan of Positively 4th Street first up) so you missed my 5 :(

Just knowing you would have approved is enough ;)

CheeryAliveDegus-max-1mb.gif

Redux round with a song that was in the original round?
Yeah, that was mine. I think I finished 5th or 6th.

I don't mind having Redux themes, as long as we don't get the same f**kin songs as last time... :drunk:

GreyCrow rejected my song by a band with a thoroughfares name, so I melted a little and asked if he was checking that nobody repeated songs from the previous Thoroughfares round.

Ironic that he's allowed someone to nom the song I previously chose. Or maybe he's being an arch-troll and picked that for himself...

I bet the campaigner has also given me his Billy for the 4th successive round.:mad:
(Phloen Phromdaen, Reggie White, Lily Allen, ....)

#worsthostever

Last edited:
Yeah, that was mine. I think I finished 5th or 6th.

GreyCrow rejected my song by a band with a thoroughfares name, so I melted a little and asked him if he was checking that nobody repeated songs from the previous Thoroughfares round. Kind of ironic that he's allowed someone to nom the song I previously chose. Or maybe he's being an arch-troll and picked that for himself...

I don't mind having Redux themes, as long as we don't get the same f**kin songs as last time... :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

#worsthostever

I bet that stupid campaigner has also given me his Billy for the 4th successive round.:mad:
(Phloen Phromdaen, Reggie White, Lily Allen, ....)
Lets just say you got 1 right ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thing that popped into my head......this was my childhood...Roger Miller, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie, Johnny Cash.

Can't believe it's never been nommed.

So old

Legitimately partially fossilised already.

Should add this was what dad played around the house. I'm old, but I'm not THAT old. My early music was Oils, Angels, Aussie Crawl etc
It's all good mate, you don't need to justify your age ;)

Just bored and having a look at recent results.

How I Try didn't get much love I don't know. Absolute classic.

Anyway after seeing multiple posters say they would have participated if they had longer to nominate I think perhaps noms should be open longer. I'll probably get called a whinger but look at the benefits. The quality is going to s**t as you exclude every single song that has been a previous podium over 100s of rounds. People need time to research and have a listen to the personal collections to find some hidden gems to nominate. I think the quality could improve a bit and the whoring would be less. It's easy to pick something popular and memorable in a time crunch.

Random thoughts in the middle of the night lol

For the theme.

But nah I would have nommed this.

image.jpeg
Amongst one of the most boring ass vanilla get me out of this shopping centre before I fall asleep in the frozen veggie section playlists in SC history there were a few absolute gems. Boted.

Just bored and having a look at recent results.

How I Try didn't get much love I don't know. Absolute classic.

Anyway after seeing multiple posters say they would have participated if they had longer to nominate I think perhaps noms should be open longer. I'll probably get called a whinger but look at the benefits. The quality is going to s**t as you exclude every single song that has been a previous podium over 100s of rounds. People need time to research and have a listen to the personal collections to find some hidden gems to nominate. I think the quality could improve a bit and the whoring would be less. It's easy to pick something popular and memorable in a time crunch.

Random thoughts in the middle of the night lol

For the theme.

But nah I would have nommed this.

24 hours is plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back