Podcast Interview with Rohan Connolly - submit your questions here!

Remove this Banner Ad

RoCo, who was better, Soundgarden or Rage Against the Machine?
And what is his opinion on current commentary teams calling games? Are there too many ex players now in there which puts bias into calls?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Rohan,why hasn't Jobe Watson and Dustin Fletcher been held more accountable for their lack of leadership in the drugs saga?
Just a follow up to this question...

Rohan:

In light of the recent article where Jobe Watson claimed his club was "negligent" over the doping scandal, has any Essendon player ever given an explanation why they failed to notify ASADA of the vitamin/supplement injections they were given? They were required to supply all this information (medications, etc) on the forms when they submitted to drug tests in 2012. So why did they leave this field blank? After all, their failure to do so ended up being one of the key pieces of evidence during the CAS hearing which saw them banned for 12 months and branded as drug cheats.

The players maintain they were innocent and it was a miscarriage of justice. So why the secrecy and deceit back in 2012 ?
Nobody in the AFL media ever asks this obvious question from any of the people involved.

Serious question. No troll. Would like an answer.
If you don't know, maybe ask an Essendon player next time you get the chance.

Last edited:
RoCo why does the umpiring fraternity despise properly executed handballs (an action of grace and beauty) in favour of blatant chucking and dropsy performed by so called skilled players who should be beaten repeatedly with pointy sticks for causing Tom Wills to rotate uncontrollably within his grave?

Just a follow up to this question...

Rohan:

In light of the recent article where Jobe Watson claimed his club was "negligent" over the doping scandal, has any Essendon player ever given an explanation why they failed to notify ASADA of the vitamin/supplement injections they were given? They were required to supply all this information (medications, etc) on the forms when they submitted to drug tests in 2012. So why did they leave this field blank? After all, their failure to do so ended up being one of the key pieces of evidence during the CAS hearing which saw them banned for 12 months and branded as drug cheats.

The players maintain they were innocent and it was a miscarriage of justice. So why the secrecy and deceit back in 2012 ?
Nobody in the AFL media ever asks this obvious question from any of the people involved.

Serious question. No troll. Would like an answer.
If you don't know, maybe ask an Essendon player next time you get the chance.

I don’t think he cares m8

RoCo, the AFL tribunal and Michael Cristian's repeated use of the, "player-x failed to exercise adequate duty of care." Or some variation of that, seems to be a poorly construed attempt to publicly mitigate the AFL's responsibility to the player. Especially given the gross inconsistencies we are seeing. Parker/Impey, Burton/Higgins for example, yet NicNat gets a week, what a shitshow. Your thoughts?

And, why is the AFL corrupt?
Thanks.

Hi Rohan,

What is your obsession with a 230 GF ?

Other than tradition what is the point.

Every other final is played with a yellow ball.

All supposed marquee games during H and Away are played on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan,

History has not been kind to Rage Against the Machine. Why haven't you moved on from that awful trash? Especially at your current age and weight?

Hugs and kisses,

ClokesShankedIt

Rohan, do you think expansion has had a noticeable effect on quality of players and therefore games (or is that too simplistic)?

Hi all,

I'm currently in the middle of setting up a time to have Rohan Connolly on for a chat to talk about all the hot topics going on in footy at the moment. He has previously been on BigFooty for an AMA which was fantastic, I have no doubt this will be just as good!

Rohan currently works for SEN, Marngrook Footy Show, and Footyology. He isn't afraid to voice his opinion even if it is against the grain which I like, so this promises to be a great discussion!

I want to thank Rohan in advance for accepting the invite to come on, really appreciate it!

This is where I want to throw it over to the BigFooty community. What kind of football topics / questions would you like to hear Rohan give his views on and discuss?

I'll do my best to include as many of them into the chat as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

What is his alias on the Essendon board?

Roco, your employer Crocmedia cut Finey off SEN, and installed Maclure....

Finey, not everyone's cup of tea, encouraged independent and alternative opinions.

Is there a decreasing independence of the AFL media, if it is the case that journalists are increasingly employed by the AFL's partners or companies that are tendering for AFL media contracts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back