Footy feuds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy vs Jeans

Sheedy made a false public allegation of drug use that turned out to be just Hawthorn players using eucalyptus oil. Jeans was investigated by the police. Interesting for a number of reasons, including that Jeans was himself a police officer.... and then also because of recent history.

I don't think this will ever be forgotten.

Recent history? Sheedy wasn’t just gone from Essendon, he was literally coaching another club when the drug scandal broke.

Recent history? Sheedy wasn’t just gone from Essendon, he was literally coaching another club when the drug scandal broke.
I think what it does is illustrate who the real rivals are for the Hawks. Some of the younger generation might be under the illusion it's Geelong but that's very wrong.

I’m assuming that is supposed to be a shot at some perceived double standards or something. Kickett had 15 touches or something similar across 3 finals prior to the 1993 GF. I have a feeling that it went a bit beyond racial lines when he was dropped somehow.....
Yeah, Derek was one of my favourite players but he had been pretty ordinary for several weeks leading up to the GF and I had no qualms with him being dropped

Sheedy vs Jeans

Sheedy made a false public allegation of drug use that turned out to be just Hawthorn players using eucalyptus oil. Jeans was investigated by the police. Interesting for a number of reasons, including that Jeans was himself a police officer.... and then also because of recent history.

One of Sheedy's many, many idiotic acts that led to ill feeling - his throat slitting gesture at Mitchell White too.

Ignoring the fact that Hardie is a plonker who gets along with no one, Malthouse was his coach at Footscray and they clashed. Hardie played two years at the Dogs and won a Brownlow, B&F, AA jumper and two Tassie medals (SOO best of carnival) then declared he'd never play for them again while Malthouse was coach.
I always thought it went back to Hardie being dragged from the field (was it a final?) when he was playing for Footscray? When Brad Hardie hates he really hates and has held a grudge ever since. Also think at the time he took off his Jumper & waved it to Malthouse in frustration which obviously Malthouse didn't appreciate.

ha ha. Quatermain true sooky colours come through.
Kudos to Chief. Respect.
remember dunstal sooking on the footy show...sooky la la they taunted him with. after newman set him up and shaved his head.
dunstal can be a toser in his own right and likes to be right. beast of a player however.

I always thought it went back to Hardie being dragged from the field (was it a final?) when he was playing for Footscray? When Brad Hardie hates he really hates and has held a grudge ever since. Also think at the time he took off his Jumper & waved it to Malthouse in frustration which obviously Malthouse didn't appreciate.
yep got dragged and took his jumper off and waved it around his head while looking at the coaches box.
next season he was at Collingwood?

remember dunstal sooking on the footy show...sooky la la they taunted him with. after newman set him up and shaved his head.
dunstal can be a toser in his own right and likes to be right. beast of a player however.

Dunstall just playing up on Footy Show. Fake tantrum. Quatermain a true sook though.

Jason Dunstall v Stephen Quartermain

How is this the first time I've heard this? What a pack of absolute children. Very funny stuff though!

Dunstall is one of the best examples of why you don't get ex-players to commentate their own teams. He's incredibly precious when it comes to the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Hocking vs Gary Hocking what's the story there? Anyone know why the brothers don't speak

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

You're probably right about the specific incident. It's definitely strange to have a guy playing at the level Hardie was playing at in and out within two seasons because he clashed with the coach.

As funny as the whole thing was... when two blokes are arguing and one of them gets riled up about a completely reasonable comment... then repeatedly screams SHUT UP... then throws fried rice all over the other...

To label the other bloke a sook?

It was an all time great sook effort from Dunstall.

He was also publicly critical of Hird and Essendon during the saga.

It’s a very long bow to suggest it has anything to do with Sheedy.

Sheedy's last game was 2007, Knights coached until the end of 2010, Hird took over for 2011 and the "supplements regime" started in 2012.

I've seen some long bows drawn but boy oh boy.

Sheedy vs Jeans

Sheedy was 100% correct

Saints players Vs underage sex trafficking.
:drunk:
KAPOW_MASTER_LOGO.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back