Prediction Family feud: Ablett vs Daicos

Which family will take the cake at the end of the day?

• Ablett

• Daicos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean honestly, it’s not even close.

Ablett Sr is firmly in the GOAT conversation. Junior is probably Top 10 all time.

GAS is twice the player Peter Daicos was. And Daicos was no slouch.

Nick would basically have to make up that gap (ie have the same career as his dad), and on top have the same impact as GAJ, one of the best mids of all time, to draw it level. Which ain’t gonna happen. It would make him a Bradman-style GOAT.

The Abletts are a freak father-son occurrence. Across any sport. There’s not many that match it (ie both probably being Top 10 all time).

Dusty runs circles around both of them!
thats-bait.gif

Gary Snr, Gary Jnr and Nathan = 3 x Coleman Medals, 1 x Norm Smith Medal, 12 x AA, 6 x Leigh Matthews Trophies, 3 Premierships and 2 x Brownlow Medals

Peter, Josh and Nick Daicos = 1 x premiership

Take Nathan and his 1 premiership out of the equation, and it's still looking like Usain Bolt v the late Stephen Hawking in a foot race.

To even be debatable, Nick and Josh would need to combine for multiple premierships, Brownlows, club B&Fs, norm smiths, AAs, and club-leading goal kickers and beat the Ablett's respective totals for something close to half of the aforementioned, or at least one of them so significantly it makes up for the other gaps (whilst being at least competitive across the rest). They'll never win a Coleman let alone 3, so already they'd need to make up for that in their numbers somewhere else...

To my mind, the achievement they have the most chance of going past the Ablett's for is combining for 6+ premierships... which is put in perspective by considering the team they play for is one of the more successful sides of the modern era yet has only won 2 in the last 33 years. Even less plausible for them to catch up via individual accolades, basically one of Nick or Josh would have to be in the 'best player ever' shortlist of 5 or so players by the end of their career, and the other at least Collingwood Hall of Famer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar Judd is due in 2028 I believe. Expecting a brownlow in his first season at a bare minimum.

Back to the thread - Abletts all day, GAJ the best footballer I've ever seen in my young life. Simply a freak.

If we want to reward normalcy, the Daicos fellas.

Back