Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're comparing the most contested player in the comp, to the least contested player in the comp. Brisbanes last goal to daniher, he had McCluggage hemmed in on the boundary and couldn't lay a basic tackle. He needs to do something hard, just anything.
he probably didn't anticipate McCluggage being allowed to go out of the field of play.

At least he made contact with the head.
Have a look at the Hipwood one against Moore in the 1st quarter.
Lions players were throwing their head back all day even when tackled around the waist.
Anyway, when it's all said and done the best team of the year and on the day won.
Zorko did it several times also. And that Coleman one in our forward pocket with 2.30 left, Wow.

And get a free kick given against you for pushing a player when he was already outside the field of play?
But he wasn't outside the field of play, he ended up kicking it inboard and daniher got the goal. You are allowed to nudge/bump someone legally and being so close to the boundary the slightest nudge would have put him over.

But he wasn't outside the field of play, he ended up kicking it inboard and daniher got the goal. You are allowed to nudge/bump someone legally and being so close to the boundary the slightest nudge would have put him over.
It was a brilliant play by Luggage, loved it

But it was Lipinski who had him hemmed in, not Daicos

Adam H from St Kilda?
The very same one. Has been in daily therapy sessions since the 2010 GF. BEing treated for chronic obsessive/compulsive disorder. Poor guy doesn’t seem to have made any progress over the past 13 years. Also gets very confused. Pretends to barrack for the Dees, despite being a Saints supporter. Gotta feel sorry for him. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a brilliant play by Luggage, loved it

But it was Lipinski who had him hemmed in, not Daicos
You clearly don't understand.

Whether or not Daicos was within 50 metres of McGluggage at the time, he was a squib by refusing to put any body pressure on him and therefore costing Collingwood a goal...

Nah, I’d only remove stats that are gained by grabbing a stationery ball out of a bucket behind the goals before running out of a square in 15m of empty space.

Let’s say Luke Ryan has 10 kicks in general play and turns over 6 of them. And he takes 8 kick outs.

His stats being dissected at game’s end are 18 kicks at 66% efficiency, with 780m gained - sounds pretty impressive.

His stats removing kick outs are 10 kicks at 40% kicking efficiency with 300m gained - horrible.

Darcy Moore averaged 15.58 touches this year. He averaged 11.5 without kick outs which is pretty low compared to other elite defenders.

Harris Andrew missed AA and averaged 14.19 touches. 14.00 without his 4 kick outs. Weitering averaged 15.46 and took no kick outs.

If it was 15.46 and 14.0 v 11.5 being analysed maybe Andrews or Weitering gets the nod…?

And before anyone comes at me, Moore was very worthy and it’s just an example of how kick-ins can skew the stats.. I know disposals aren’t the most important thing for a KPD and I’d have had Moore in my AA team based on his first dozen or so games.

They can leave the kick-in stats in if they want, I’d just like to know them each game and i think anyone analysing stats to give votes… whether media, coaches or umpires … should know them too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because more possessions is always a guaranteed measure of who the better back is?

Ha ha. When did he change to following the Demons? After their flag?
Always a Saint. He just masquerades as a Demon supporter from time to time. After 2010 he became “The Finger”, a Demons supporter, then moved on to become Adam H, a Saints supporter. He copped a permanent ban in 2016. Then morphed into something else, and more recently ChristianBoy, again supposedly a Demons man.

But his modus opera always remains the same. He has an irrational, pathological hatred of Collingwood, and trolls in every Pies thread. He’s obviously one very disturbed, inadequate individual, and needs to be pitied. Trolling on BF is all that he’s got in his life.

Always a Saint. He just masquerades as a Demon supporter from time to time. After 2010 he became “The Finger”, a Demons supporter, then moved on to become Adam H, a Saints supporter. He copped a permanent ban in 2016. Then morphed into something else, and more recently ChristianBoy, again supposedly a Demons man.

But his modus opera always remains the same. He has an irrational, pathological hatred of Collingwood, and trolls in every Pies thread. He’s obviously one very disturbed, inadequate individual, and needs to be pitied. Trolling on BF is all that he’s got in his life.
Sounds like the poor bugger has some serious issues. Hope he’s doing something about it

Where Collingwood are currently at is fielding the oldest team in the AFL last round. So your dynasty is about to end. God I will miss it, nothing quite like seeing Collingwood supporters full of false hope all home and away season. :hearteyes:
Given you got such joy from our ‘false hope’ I’m assuming you’re now sad, angry and bitter that the hope turned out to be valid?

This gives me joy.

Walsh garnered a heap of discussion and boatloads of nitpicking in his first couple of seasons. Although I doubt it was even half of the shade that has been thrown Naicos' way.

Footy fans love a precocious talent. Up to a point...then they stop lauding the kid's strengths and work overtime finding (any, even insignificant) weaknesses.

Massive tall poppy syndrome.

It should be said though that defenders of the player often go too far the other way and end up a little blind. That just enrages the critics more.

Nick Daicos is a ridiculously good player full stop. And even more extraordinary given it's just his 2nd season. Is he perfect? No. No player is. But he's closer than 90-95% of the league...

Exactly. They love ya till they hate ya. Outside of the bigfooty bubble most people love Daicos though. What impresses me about Daicos is he isn't as athletically gifted as a Bont, Trac, Danger etc but he is already the best decision maker in the game, he can turn bad plays into counter attacks in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back