Prediction Family feud: Ablett vs Daicos

Which family will take the cake at the end of the day?

• Ablett

• Daicos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gary’s are both top 5 of all time.
Peter Daicos is in the convo for potentially a top 20-30 of all time.

In saying that after Nick wins 6 Brownlows and 7 Norm Smiths with 7 Premierships then it will be the Daicos’ but until then Abletts for me

It's flattering that Nick has caused threads like this after just 31 games. If he improves every year through experience and physical maturity, imagine what he'll be like in his prime say from 23 - 28.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A deep dive into the reasons why Jai Newcombe won the coaches association young player of the year award in 2022 and Nick didn't?
The AFL Coaches Association Best Young Player Award is presented in recognition of the player based on performances in his first two seasons of AFL Football and is determined by the weekly votes of the AFL coaches.

Daicos gets his this year 😂

Seems a bit unfair to do this now given the Daicos boys are so early into their careers.
Alright let's say Nick's career ended tomorrow. Would you take his 31 game career or Nathan Ablett's 34 game career?

Nonsensical method of determining who is the greatest. Bob Skilton is undoubtedly one of the greatest players of all time, but never even played in a GF.

Having said that, I reckon the Ablett’s are streets ahead at this stage. Senior and Junior would both be amongst the top 7-8 players of all time. None of the Daicos family have reached those lofty heights.
So the Abletts as a family have about seven flags and 30 GF appearances between them all across two generations. Members of their family have played in different dynasties across generations at different clubs. They've been in some of the greatest sides of their eras.

We judge football every year by who wins the GF.

But its nonsensical to judge a families footballing success by how many flags they've won of GFs they/ve played in? Okkaaaayyyy....

BTW You spelled your used name wrong. Its spelled with "U" not "I" and you should probably cut back a bit cos its not helping you much.

I love how you go into each one having a whinge about said player 😂
Can't you read? I said he's a *en gun.

But this is ridiculous. There are plenty of families that have a better footy record than the Daicos mob in 2023.

Back