Dunstall vs Lockett vs Carey vs Ablett vs Lloyd vs Franklin vs J Brown - Who is the most Elite of them all?

Who's the best hitman out of all the mentioned players

• G Ablett

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Lockett

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Dunstall

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Carey

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • Franklin

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Lloyd

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Jonathon Brown

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey wasn't a flop in grand finals. He just never dominated in any of them but he certainly played his part.
In many ways, similar to Ablett in the 1992 grand final.

Dunstall's record in grand finals is excellent. Hawthorn usually won comprehensively and the likes of Buckenara, Brereton also booted bags of goals. Dunstall only ever played in one losing grand final where he kicked 0 goals (first season of football).

If we are talking specifically grand finals, Sticks Kernahan averaged 4.2 goals in grand finals, including 7 in a losing effort against Essendon. His overall finals record is sublime considering he played centre half-forward.
More impressively, his State of Origin record is unbelievable. At the pinnacle of State footy when it was no different to finals intensity, Kernahan booted 66 goals in 16 matches for South Australia.
IMO , Kernahan was the best contested mark I have ever seen, remarkable also because I seem to remember he played with contact lenses.
Was however , possibly the worst singer of all the players mentioned.

Pavlich def in the Brown and Lloyd league, 700 goals from the latter part of his career after playing in defence and mid before that (winning multiple AA’s along the way).
Not close to Locket, Dunstal, Ablett and Buddy though, I think those guys are very much a step above.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back