At what point is Pyke responsible for his coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

So.. he's out of ideas?

Personally I believe he has lost the playing group!
Or more likely he never had them!!!
Pyke is fantastic in a Neal Craig sort of way! A fantastic professional with great insight for the game of football. And much like NC should have won a premiership. He can draw up a game plan that’s unique and can bring glory. But he can’t inspire his players to execute......

We don’t lose games cause our game plan, we lose games because the individuals on the field don’t do their job!!!!! They s**t the bed at the smallest amount of pressure.

I get we’re missing players fair enough but it’s our senior players that let us down the so called leaders. For one qtr they stood up today and we destroyed freo. But they stopped after!
The ability is obviously there it’s up to Pyke to get it out of them..... or bring in players that will do it!!!

He's got that and re-ramping up continuity. It's only after that he's out of ideas. Continuity is failing him. Honestly, could he be any more Neil Craig? Is he taking the piss? Just a s**t coach that is out of ideas.

Just by the way, these idiots blamed the players after the GF and didn't accept any responsibility. There's an issue there.

I always believed he NC 2.0, bar that Friday night at AO against the Cats round 18 in 2017 that was a statement clearly a one of!

He's got that and re-ramping up continuity. It's only after that he's out of ideas. Continuity is failing him. Honestly, could he be any more Neil Craig? Is he taking the piss? Just a s**t coach that is out of ideas.

Just by the way, these idiots blamed the players after the GF and didn't accept any responsibility. There's an issue there.

Seriously though you see the foolishness in believing that after 2.5 years you can start acting differently as a coach and expect your players to be stunned or surprised and react!!!!!!

I'll call it now - Dead Man walking.
I can’t see it. Not while Burton, Hass-no-idea, Campo, Clarke and Hart still have a job.

Burton out - godfather offer to Sumich, the one we originally wanted.

Hass out - Poulous back and send his wife some flowers for the trouble

Campo out - Richardson in

Clarke out - Mumford in

Hart out - O’Keefe take his gig

Clarke can coach the magoos as well as the AFLW team.

I feel pyke at best is a good assistant coach. Was not happy with his appointment and imo his tenure has only strengthened my opinion. I believe we should be going after either clarko(unlikely unless we offer him a godfather deal), caracella (apparently a mastermind at cats and tigers and next senior coach in waiting), roos (probably will not coach again but money talks) or looking at all assistants and possibly finding another PW who has the ability and just needs the opportunity. Whoever it is they need to be a very strong individual who will choose their own team. Would love to see clarko turn this club around and make it the club supporters deserve.

I can’t see it. Not while Burton, Hass-no-idea, Campo, Clarke and Hart still have a job.

Burton out - godfather offer to Sumich, the one we originally wanted.

Hass out - Poulous back and send his wife some flowers for the trouble

Campo out - Richardson in

Clarke out - Mumford in

Hart out - O’Keefe take his gig

Clarke can coach the magoos as well as the AFLW team.

and in 1 to 3 years you will be calling for the new assistant coaches to be sacked for the same reasons you want campo,Clarke and Hart out.

FYI Sumich decided to stay in Perth and coach juniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most decent coaches bring their own assistants with them regardless of contracts. That is all that needs to be said. Adelaide crows coaching dept is like working for the govt. Need to really * up to be fired.

I feel the crows needs a Scott brother.

The players need someone that will tell the club and the players the hard truths.

The man conversations that Walsh was known for.

Arent we cu
We need to give Pyke an opportunity to see how he goes with an injured/downtrodden group, for a period. He walked in to one that was essentially ready to roll. Some will write him off already but it's way too early for that.
Rntly seeing how he
Personally I believe he has lost the playing group!
Or more likely he never had them!!!
Pyke is fantastic in a Neal Craig sort of way! A fantastic professional with great insight for the game of football. And much like NC should have won a premiership. He can draw up a game plan that’s unique and can bring glory. But he can’t inspire his players to execute......

We don’t lose games cause our game plan, we lose games because the individuals on the field don’t do their job!!!!! They s**t the bed at the smallest amount of pressure.

I get we’re missing players fair enough but it’s our senior players that let us down the so called leaders. For one qtr they stood up today and we destroyed freo. But they stopped after!
The ability is obviously there it’s up to Pyke to get it out of them..... or bring in players that will do it!!!
I feel that the main problem at the Adelaide football club is that it is just a social club for everyone from the top to the bottom. Everyone is great mates and its about having fun and having lots of interests outside the club etc etc.. Ive heard quite a few players in pressers at various stages in recent years quote that there is more to life than football. Everyone vollects theyre massive salaries but no one wants too much pressure on them. That attitude is fine in the amateur league, but in the proffesional world of AFL we are seeing why this club from top to bottom is and will continue to be such an underperformer. Everyone is nice and cosy. A premiership would be great for the club but isnt priority number one. We need change we need staff and players that want nothing else but to hold up that cup in September and bask in the glory. This year is no suprise after watching that GF performance last year.

Most decent coaches bring their own assistants with them regardless of contracts. That is all that needs to be said. Adelaide crows coaching dept is like working for the govt. Need to really **** up to be fired.

Yeah exactly, the last time we had a genuine coaching dept clean out was end of 2004 when Craig took over, although even then one could argue Craig was still part of the previous regime...

Of our current coaching group, Pyke, Campo, Clark and Hart were all originally appointed by Craig. We need to get some fresh ideas in the box. Unfottunately our club seems to struggle to hold onto quality personnel and players, so we over compensate in our attempts to maintain the average ones.

Need a review of the entire football department, be it by giving Pyke carteblanch or through an external, respected figure. This needs to occur late July and be finished by the end of the season.

I think Pyke and the club need to appoint a well known/connected, experienced operator into either a Head of football or senior assistant role. Someone who can help attract and identify quality support staff across from the eastern states and it may require a fair outlay of cash to get it done.

This year has also shown the value of a quality fitness guy, need to be scouring the world for someone to take over Hass’ job. Someone who’s resume doesn’t read simply “worked at Brisbane Lions”.

I think we’re relativey set with Reid and Ogilvy heading up list management/recruitment and I think development are doing pretty well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back