Autopsy Hawks pile on the points v Suns - Rd 14 , 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Breust should have had four, still played a really good game

Jaeger had another good game

It was good to see all of Shiels, Howe, Tom and Jaeger getting amongst it

Only heard parts on the radio while I was cleaning our sewage treatment tank (yeah, fun times). Did the ground staff put the goal posts in the wrong place or something?

You know, you may have the problem with the whole AFL. Move the posts 90 degrees

It's a bit weird one thread is closed and reply on another means I was supposed to quote them? Why?

Anyway back to footy. We've been good take out the Brisbane game and our first quarter today we in theory can beat anyone.

Issues basically Clarko's inability to inspire us against a s**t team... won't happen come finals but may cause not to be there come finals. The second I worry more because the first he will fix up.

Look past few weeks ok got the easiest run ever after having the hardest. 6-1 we already have one is the worst we can accept.

Tim O'Brien, 8 marks 2 contested. He seems to have turned another corner. If he turns another he'll be back where he started and from there it's only up. Promising signs.

It's a bit weird one thread is closed and reply on another means I was supposed to quote them? Why?

Anyway back to footy. We've been good take out the Brisbane game and our first quarter today we in theory can beat anyone.

Issues basically Clarko's inability to inspire us against a s**t team... won't happen come finals but may cause not to be there come finals. The second I worry more because the first he will fix up.

Look past few weeks ok got the easiest run ever after having the hardest. 6-1 we already have one is the worst we can accept.

Umm, OK, I think???

Dan Howe has lifted since the bye.

His mark then goal in the first quarter was inspirational.

Love his courage and work ethic. If he can polish his skills and decision making we have a real player . Big if .
Yeah, a bit of a dark horse, isn’t he. Just developing nicely, well under the radar.

Well, one of those games that i can barely remember watching. A couple of good marks, some good play and a whole bunch of awful goal kicking (From both sides)
The first half, GC did very well when we had the ball in our defensive area. They didn't really play a zone but went man on man. Which mean we were kicking to a contest trying to bring it out of the D50. We however, played a zone at the other end of the ground and generally, they brought it out with ease.
I'm still amazed at how we can have a 5 man forward line versus 7 man defense, yet they can take the ball down to a one on one. <Shrug>

Once we stopped the 2 meter handballs and the "Must turn sideways to look for an option" plays and took the game on, we carved them up.
No real 3 brownlow vote players from my view at the ground. Shiels, Stratts, Breust were probably our most consistent.
No particularly dud players for us, although Chip was potentially close to that in the first, Man needs to watch the ball more rather than his man.

Biggest memory of the day will be that of the epic tantrum Miss 6 threw when she realised there as no icecream for her after the game. <Evil Dad>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won the game yeah ?
I’m a bit uncertain reading this thread

Maybe you should send the same memo to clarko then.

Clarko: 'It was hardly entertaining'

"We’ve got a fair bit of work to do in the second part of the year."

I just don’t get why posters can’t have an opinion without being criticised. If it’s personal, sure you can then payout but if it’s just general comments then why the angst. Just because you got the four points there’s no reason discussion can’t be held around areas needing improvement

I missed the game but it's good to see Shiels hit the scoreboard again this week. His kicking for goal seems to have improved this year as I've stopped holding my breath when he takes a shot.
He's always been OK with the snaps, it's his set shots that keep us guessing.

Both teams missed at least 8 clear chances. Thats what happens when you play footy in small stands with wind affected shots at goal

JOM Best on ground without seeing the stats.
I was at the game. There was no wind, it was pretty much perfect conditions, if anything it was pretty bright. I see no excuses for the poor goal kicking today. Most of the girls in my daughters under 11 team would have converted a number of the shots that were missed.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dan Howe has lifted since the bye.

His mark then goal in the first quarter was inspirational.

Love his courage and work ethic. If he can polish his skills and decision making we have a real player . Big if .

I think if he continues to win the ball more consistently. From what you watched on tv to what you can see from ground level can be deceptive, Howie's got one of our highest disposal efficiencies from our midfield group.

The sad fact is that if we had a Lynch or indeed O'Brien going to another level up forward, Rough would be on the verge of going to the VFL. You can't take a mark and kick a goal in the dying seconds of each game and think you have done your job. Love the bloke but his footy has been less than ordinary for some time and probably with good reason after what he's been through.

Interesting to see who will Captain the club next year? My short list would be from; Mitchell, O'Meara, Gunston, Smith, McEvoy and perhaps O'Rourke....okay maybe not the last one.. I certainly want to stuff up Mitchell's form by adding pressure on him, but he seems the type of bloke to actually relish this honour.
What is this dribble?
If we gain a power forward do you realise that would free Rough up to show his ground level versatility both forward and in the centre?

As for captain next year the list starts with Roughy and also ends with Roughy.

VFL. Give yourself an uppercut.

I was at the game. There was no wind, it was pretty much perfect conditions, if anything it was pretty bright. I see no excuses for the poor goal kicking today. Most of the girls in my daughters under 11 team would have converted a number of the shots that were missed.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Breust said after the game that there was absolutely no excuse for the poor kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back