Autopsy Sydney vs Richmond Rd 15 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Same for Buddy.

lets be honest if Academy Award Winner Alex Rance actually got called the same as every other defender in the league Buddy would of kicked 10, hes a great backman, but his diving and acting is a disgrace

interesting how many richmond flogs attacked Goodes (fair enough at the time) when he threw himself in that last game of 2014 I think it was. But blindly ignore what a piece of s**t Rance has become with his acting, flopping and disgraceful behaviour

Richmond wont play better than that,

Media can flap over them all they want, but thats a pretty average team playing at its best relatively full fitness and full of confidence, take nothing away from that, but luckily they never travel and the comp is relatively weak, because they are not that good

They wont win the flag *

* ok they might but * them,

I wouldn't say we're carrying McVeigh. He's done his bit all year.

Jack and Rohan are certainly concerns though. My feelings with Jack are that I feel like I'd be OK to have him play a final because I feel like he'd have a good chance of just stepping into it and doing well. His finals last year were both good. Rohan I have no such confidence in given his history of becoming invisible on big stages.

Dawson I'd be prepping to take Jack's spot ASAP and I'd happily keep McCartin in the side over Rohan as soon as Reid is fit.

Mcveighs had a great season

Was there at the game last night, same crap we dish up every time there is any heat put on us. This has been happening for the past 3-4 years, we will not win another premiership while we continue to have passengers on the team, we need a team that has 22 contributors, always left to too few. I could count a dozen times that we just kicked the ball down the line straight to a Richmond player, we played the game into their hands and was really dumb football which happened all night.

James Rose should never be seen in a Swans jumper again. Why play players that are injured, Hannebery is playing injured, was never quick but with the rumoured Osteitis Pubis can't run. Kieren Jack is finished as a player and needs to be dropped or if he is a real team man put up his own hand and say I shouldn't be playing.

As other have said, Richmond was just cruising in 2nd gear all night, we were never really in the contest even though it got down to 4 points in the last, if Richmond had a real crack we would of lost by 8-10 goals. Really disappointed but until we have 22 contributors this is good as it is going to get for us, falling short when it counts.

Was there at the game last night, same crap we dish up every time there is any heat put on us. This has been happening for the past 3-4 years, we will not win another premiership while we continue to have passengers on the team, we need a team that has 22 contributors, always left to too few. I could count a dozen times that we just kicked the ball down the line straight to a Richmond player, we played the game into their hands and was really dumb football which happened all night.

James Rose should never be seen in a Swans jumper again. Why play players that are injured, Hannebery is playing injured, was never quick but with the rumoured Osteitis Pubis can't run. Kieren Jack is finished as a player and needs to be dropped or if he is a real team man put up his own hand and say I shouldn't be playing.

As other have said, Richmond was just cruising in 2nd gear all night, we were never really in the contest even though it got down to 4 points in the last, if Richmond had a real crack we would of lost by 8-10 goals. Really disappointed but until we have 22 contributors this is good as it is going to get for us, falling short when it counts.
Spot on

Pressure and our game plan fails the same way

Been like that for years

Why we won’t be holding another cup until rectified

Skills are under 10 stuff

They created so much space for Jack and he seemed to always mark uncontested essentially or with a good lead

people at the ground, did they just block well, good delivery? our defenders not keeping contact? what was the go

Tigers too good, younger, less experienced and more composed. i'd say they were in more like 3 or 4th gear than 2nd. 1 man down and Jack marking everything. Great effort against a swans side with 80+ tackles and plenty of pressure.

Average Attributes
Attribute Richmond
Height 185.3cm
Weight 85.1kg
Age 25yr 4mth
Games 109.5

Attribute Sydney
Height 186.7cm
Weight 85.9kg
Age 25yr 9mth
Games 122.3

Biggest issues for us.

1. Composure going forward/Forwards up too much. Horse said in presser that was the young forwards being sucked up the ground against the game plan.
2. Clean hands. Be it marking, punching or collecting the ball off the deck. The first 2 cost us direct goals off turnovers all night. Letting the ball get over the back kills us in defence against a side like the tigers, who play small, smart and stay down and spread instantly. 2 off the top of my head was Rampe smashing the ball back to 20m out in front of goals in the first=Goal. Harry C letting the ball get through both is marking hands to a tiger behind in the pocket=goal.2 goal swing
3. Silly 50's and reversals. Young side, Mcartins had a few now. Learn from it. Buddy was provoked but come on. They kicked at least one off a 50 on the wing and buddys cost us a goal. 2 goal swing.
4. Playing out of form players or injured players alongside so many kids. Agreed what can we do? Wholesale changes won't help they will hinder more. Heeney was unlucky and may not get up so there's aready a possible change (parker as well). However decisions have to be made on Jack, Hanners and Rohan. That's 3 senior players not getting the job done most weeks. Surely Towers can do the Rohan role. Jack needs to get cleaner hands and find some form in the 2's and Hanners... well who has a clue.... Horse said he was just turning it over and dismissed the injured part of the question (20disp 6turnovers). He is covering ground, not as much as he used to but as said theres no power seemingly. So no way we change more than 3 in a week. so role the dice...

Most of the above can be attributed to an off night, young kids learning and team chemistry. Fixable for the most part. Some big decisions ahead, for the most part a positive night to have in June in a top of the table clash. Lots of vision and time to polish the back half of the season with.

If Buddy goes for the jumper punch Rance has to for the forearm to the head. Findlay is a s**t umpire.

They created so much space for Jack and he seemed to always mark uncontested essentially or with a good lead

people at the ground, did they just block well, good delivery? our defenders not keeping contact? what was the go

Definitely a mixed bag to get him free, but he had 6+ contested marks. He was on and wasn't going to be stopped even with a player spoiling.

We got within a goal in the last and faded when the Tigers put the pressure on. Our last quarter fade outs this year are the concern.

At the end of the day I’d rather win the September premiership than the June one. Having said that I think we are a few years off being that absolute best team in the competition. Interesting times ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a mixed bag to get him free, but he had 6+ contested marks. He was on and wasn't going to be stopped even with a player spoiling.

true, he played a blinder

but felt at times we were trailing him a lot , not sure we had the match up anyway with him in that form

We are the turnover kings. The consolation is that despite all 1the passengers (including Heeney though it wasn't his faul), we still managed to put it up to the reigning premiers who were playing some of their best footy (no, they were definetey not in 2nd gear) for most of the night. A few silly mistakes cost us 12 pointers. Poor discipline, passengers and the BYE. Luck didn't go our way either. We'll get them when it really counts.

Why do we even have the bye if we can't recover from it for 2 weeks ?

That's my vent

Out : Rose, Rohan, Hanners, Jack, Aliir. None of those are up to standard at present.
In : Papley, Reid, Fox, Melican, Newman/Stoddart

Reid and Melican haven't played at all for months, they need game time. Especially with Reid, rushing him in could be the last thing he needs, will only get injured again given his history.

McAvaney is a boring old fart. RUined the game with his Bitchmond wangkoff

Reiwoldt would be a champ if he wasn't such a little whiner.

Rance is a big girl's blouse

I hate losing to those dogs. We need to make them our bitches

Reid and Melican haven't played at all for months, they need game time. Especially with Reid, rushing him in could be the last thing he needs, will only get injured again given his history.
One game of NEAFL and he'll be good. He needs to get up to speed

There was a bit of panic coming out defence last night - players not having a look and just banging it on the boot, hoping for the best. That is not gonna get the job done when the op have set up a wall.

Also way too Buddy focused going forward again. I thought we were over that.

The talking heads think Buddy might get cited for hitting Rance in the throat. Did they not notice Rance's arm across Buddy's throat as he lay on the ground? Rance recovered miraculously in time to take his kick and has a strong history of staging. At least Parker had a black eye to prove Vlastun's elbow made real contact. Rance is such an arrogant, dirty, cheating bastard. I was so glad Razor Ray busted him for stepping over the mark (even though there wasn't much in it - I think Buddy just got to close).

Rance also got pinged a couple of times for very cynical play where he pushed Buddy under the ball with his chest without any attempt to play the ball at all. Both times Lingy argued its not a free coz he didn't use his hands. Its a deadset free in the same way that flying for a mark and not getting a touch is a free. Lingy has far too much to say these days and a lot of it is garbage.

Lots of mentions of the usual culprits, but last night sitting in the cheer squad where our backline played in the last quarter I can only put the ownace on one bloke. Jake Lloyd was horrendous, cheap possessions by running around the back of a player and asking for it didn’t fool me last night, he butchered the ball around 6 times coming out of the backline straight to a Richmond tit when the game was on the line with 4 points in it. Our defence was standing up, all we needed was one opportunity through clean possession to get the game on our side and he fluffed it time and time again, then we broke.

For some reason I tried to watch a replay of the game. Idiot.

It's so frustrating to play so poorly when it's a 1 vs 2 battle. Tigers pressure was great and led to many mistakes, but those can be accepted as being part of the game. What was worse was how many errors we made under little or no pressure. Simple stuff like taking a mark then turning and bombing it to an unmarked opposition defender. We're notoriously rusty off the bye (unless playing Geelong) so it was half to be expected, but I was surprised we were that sloppy in a top of the table clash. Can't blame complacency there.

One game of NEAFL and he'll be good. He needs to get up to speed
Maybe. Allir and McCartin are not our weaknesses ATM, ie the Reid and Melican replacements. Who replaces the likes of Hanners, Jack and Rohan in the twos? Towers and can't think of anyone else TBH.

Rance doesn't milk that free (which he tries to do after every opposition mark with a shot on goal - seriously, how are umps not wise to these tactics), and we nail it, then we probably get the lead. Anything could happen.

Instead we got a 12 point turnaround.

The media want to rub Bud out for that!!

what a joke

Rance is too talented to resort to cheating

One consistency - many Richmond frees directly result in goals. 4-5 last night.
Some frees are more equal than others.

You need to factor in the sense of entitlement for the Tigers supporters at the moment.
They are reigning premiers, had a good win, but still focus on what they didn't get instead of focusing on what they did get.

The wheels will fall off eventually. They have too many supporters for them not to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back