Strategy Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to make a statement at selection.

Out: ANB, Hannan, Tyson, Petty, Lewis, Petracca
In: Baker, Garlett, Vince, Frost, Spargo, Stretch

I have not watched the game as yet, knowing the score already will help me not get false hopes up.

But I am not a big fan of bringing a new player in, and dropping them straight away. Got to give them 3 games to really see what they are made off.

Kade Simpson is a good example, had a poor start to his career ...

I have not watched the game as yet, knowing the score already will help me not get false hopes up.

But I am not a big fan of bringing a new player in, and dropping them straight away. Got to give them 3 games to really see what they are made off.

Agree with this generally, but we have the problem that we can’t afford to drop any more games we should win.

We need to play every single game to win it, if we are going to make finals.

Now isn’t the time to be getting minutes into kids..

Garlett had 7 tackles so he must come in this week. dont care if he doesnt kick a goal he just needs to pressure the ball leaving our 50
Wasn't Garlett playing in the middle at Casey (hence his higher tackle count, but lower goals)? Can any Casey watchers confirm please?

Wasn't Garlett playing in the middle at Casey (hence his higher tackle count, but lower goals)? Can any Casey watchers confirm please?
doesnt really matter where he is getting them though does it? whole thing was he wasnt putting in the effort to pressure. i know it doesnt mean s**t but if he had 7 tackles in the AFL on the weekend he would of had second most for us

I think I've come around to the fact that Jeffy's numbers just aren't going to get any better at VFL level. I guess the club just needs to bite the bullet and make a call - bring him in (possibly against performance standards policy?) and give him a task or let him wallow at Casey forever. Nothing will change otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In general I agree with this sentiment. But I think if you do watch the match you'll agree Petty should be an exception -- the kid was clearly a long way out of his depth unfortunately. Continuing to play him could do more harm than good for him.

Cooled down sufficiently to post here.

Out: Whoever is still telling them to bomb it into the forward line. Lewis, Petty, Petracca

In: Vince/Hunt, Frost, Gartlett.

I honestly don't think it really matters though, there is something wrong with this team and I believe it is the players getting arrogant and ahead of themselves like last year. I also don't think they are getting the message from the coach or the message is wrong. I highly doubt we make the finals unless a drastic shift in mentality changes

Cooled down sufficiently to post here.

Out: Whoever is still telling them to bomb it into the forward line. Lewis, Petty, Petracca

In: Vince/Hunt, Frost, Gartlett.

I honestly don't think it really matters though, there is something wrong with this team and I believe it is the players getting arrogant and ahead of themselves like last year. I also don't think they are getting the message from the coach or the message is wrong. I highly doubt we make the finals unless a drastic shift in mentality changes
Hunt is still out for 3/4weeks isnt he

doesnt really matter where he is getting them though does it? whole thing was he wasnt putting in the effort to pressure. i know it doesnt mean s**t but if he had 7 tackles in the AFL on the weekend he would of had second most for us
It doesn't matter where he is getting them, more that I would expect that he gets more possessions and tackles in the middle, than if he were to be playing solely up forward.
4th most tackles for the game and 2nd most scoring shots of anybody on the ground
His numbers in comparison to team mates is relevant and interesting. But also relevant is that he wasn't named in the best six performers for the day.

I'm wavering. I have been firmly in the camp of a consistent team rule - perform at Casey or you won't get a recall. But I do concede that we need something like Jeff (at his best) in the F50 for the pressure and crumbing.

It doesn't matter where he is getting them, more that I would expect that he gets more possessions and tackles in the middle, than if he were to be playing solely up forward.

His numbers in comparison to team mates is relevant and interesting. But also relevant is that he wasn't named in the best six performers for the day.

I'm wavering. I have been firmly in the camp of a consistent team rule - perform at Casey or you won't get a recall. But I do concede that we need something like Jeff (at his best) in the F50 for the pressure and crumbing.
he has never gotten many possessions though so expecting him to get 20 n 3 just isnt gonna happen its all about pressure or the preceived pressure he creates for me and 7 tackles is alot more than he's done lately and up there for the game so im happy to give him a game for the effort as im sure the coaches would of told him just pressure your way back into the team. Also on those 6 best i dont think they are bang on go back through them and some big games arent even in the top 6. Do any of the players we ever bring in after banging the door down actually ever transfer that to the afl? seems like we bring them in put them in a completely different role to that in the VFL and/or they just spud it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back