Preview Changes/Preview - Round 11 v. Walyalup (Fremantle) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Drunk and not as witty as Jonny's reactions:

Hunter out - yes he kicked an amazing goal. He also fluffed it multiple times and has been s**t for weeks.

Tmac out - 2 goals. Wowee who cares. He sucked.

JVR - not out but by crikey what an invisible game, just lucky your young and I haven't learnt to hate you like TMac yet.

Salem - stays in. Because Bowey is probably out (did he play today? Must have stubbed his toe at half time).

Brown/Shaq - in. No rational reason. Brown is a Tassie boy and I went out on a limb for Shaq at the start of the year.

Sparrow - in. Takes whatever place Salem was doing. Brayshaw moves to the wing in Hunters spot and Salem takes Brayshaw spot at half back (without the stupid waste of time midfield minutes Brayshaw did today).

Also out - dump kicks. Players to practice all week grabbing the ball and being tackled rather than panicking and being soft and dumping it straight to the opposition.

Also out - hitting the ball back into the play on the goal line. Let's try this idea of rushing behinds eh.
You do realise that Van Rooyen will have those games. Yeah? You can’t just go down the potential ‘hate’ path for a kid that’s played about 7 games. Expectations need to be a lot lower than that.

Really surprised to see the lack of confidence here, Dees in the top four with the best % in the league, having barely lost to a resurgent Port side away on the back of a winning streak.

I think Freo are a chance but need to play our very best footy, why the negativity?

Dees clear favourites for a good reason.

Our winning stretch of 3 games has been against a rebuilding Hawks, and Swans and Cats are decimated by injuries. This week is the real litmus test for Freo.
Do not undersell Fremantle. Melbourne are not playing well and we have a terribly stubborn coach that can’t and won’t deviate from a plan that isn’t working that well. He will also pick favourites. If Fremantle come to play, they should win. This could be the game that kills our top 4 chances.

We also haven’t beaten a top 8 side bar the WB in round one.

Really hope Gus plays on the wing if they're earmarking him for a new role, not in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think they should get Gus in the middle to be a direct replacement for Oliver

Looking forward to Freo walking it out of the centre, I have a bad feeling about this game. Would have liked to see BBB come in for T-MAC hope Roo can take hold of a game soon ala Jessie Hogan back in the day. Darcy and Jackson to kick 4 goals between them bookmark it

Godwin’s presser after the port loss re: “getting the midfield mix right” seemed like a tacit acknowlesgement that Gus wasn’t working in there for me.

Moving him outta there fairly quickly even though we had Salem in the team as well was an acknowledgement as well I reckon.

Interesting this week, no Jordon or Woey (unless one is sub) and no Hunter, so perhaps we go back to that premiership winning setup?

Moving him outta there fairly quickly even though we had Salem in the team as well was an acknowledgement as well I reckon.

Interesting this week, no Jordon or Woey (unless one is sub) and no Hunter, so perhaps we go back to that premiership winning setup?
Why complicate things. Gus on the wing. Trac winning the centre bounces. Koz/Riv/Harmes running through the middle. Sparrow and Viney hurting campaigners.

Profit!!!

Keen to see how our mids go without Oliver. Harmes and Sparrow are both more than capable of winning their own ball. Might do us well to have some other guys at the coalface for a change.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like TopKent's multi-year brainwashing experiment has worked and I'm looking forward to seeing what we do in centre clearance with no Clarry.

If Brayshaw and Serong smack us out of the middle I'm ready to shift the goal posts and complain about our increased training loads anyway

Go Dees
Don’t forget that last week was wet, boys were tired and we had an 8 day break.

Don’t forget that last week was wet, boys were tired and we had an 8 day break.
It's amazing that the flu/gastro/ebola has made its way through the playing group on a weekly basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back