Unofficial Preview Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Johnson but I think I would've preferred Marshall stay in. But he is out of form so I can understand it. Maybe would've just given him one more game this week and then if he still wasn't working out drop him for the away trip to Freo. Especially considering St Kilda's outs in defence.

Jack Trengove can't survive at half-back.. come at me

With our injuries it's either him, Matthew Broadbent's reanimated corpse or Emmanuel "early career bombscare Jasper Pittard except he's already 24" Irra.

Good changes - given 2 are forced - and Trengove gets another game is good.

AJ gets a chance to provide something Gray cant. Lets see if he can take advantage - and not get injured.

Gutted for S. Gray as he's had a pretty solid season so far and was finally shutting up a few of the haters but he had been quiet for a few weeks so maybe he was carrying something and at this time in the season you'd expect a couple of bodies to be picking up an injury or two. On the flip-side however I'm very excited to see Johnson get another crack at AFL level! We are in dire need of a bit of youth and excitement in the small-forward department and I think this kid can bring something special to the table.

Poor Hombsch, he plays well and still gets dropped because you just can't keep TJ out the side! What excellent depth to have though, I really hope he sticks around.

DBJ in for the injured Pittard is okay. I believe DBJ is much stronger defensively and does offer a bit of rebound from half-back as we've seen some nice clearance work coming out of the square from him this season, but it's really disappointing to see Pittard be held back by injury again as he was just starting to look a little more comfortable on the ball and get his signature carry and penetration off of half-back going, which is something we just seem to be lacking a little of this season. Hope he can get himself fit-and-firing before the end of the season.

Watts for Marshall the obvious choice. We all love Marshall and understand his circumstances but he simply wasn't doing enough. You could argue that a player with his potential needs as much time at AFL level to develop as possible, but this season we are a genuine premiership contender, and genuine premiership contenders need to play their BEST teams available, not their POTENTIAL best teams. Todd will come good again before the end of the season, just needs to find a bit of ball in the seconds.

Overall, pretty nice changes. Very nice to see all our trade recruits bar the injured Trent McKenzie playing in the side! Watts and Trengove playing in the same AFL side together again is also a lovely story. Pumped for this one now.

Terrible nickname but still better than Roller.

Trent 'Superboat' McKenzie coming back through the SANFL this week, could be an option next round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Johnson but I think I would've preferred Marshall stay in. But he is out of form so I can understand it. Maybe would've just given him one more game this week and then if he still wasn't working out drop him for the away trip to Freo. Especially considering St Kilda's outs in defence.

With our injuries it's either him, Matthew Broadbent's reanimated corpse or Emmanuel "early career bombscare Jasper Pittard except he's already 24" Irra.
Yeh I thought Pittard had got over the rookie nerves and was on his way to AA

I am actually not ruling out a last fling with Broadbent but..

Devastated for Hombsch because he is going to be stuck in this limbo. AJ has been good in the SANFL and will hopefully make the most of his opportunity.

I would rather have a fit DBJ than a fit Pittard, so a hamstring concern would not even get a look in with me.

McKenzie back in the SANFL this week. We do have a tremendous amount of depth....unless Paddy goes down!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back