Media Gumbies Finally Announce Their Season 26 Signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Salt and vinegar chips are the best.

I knew we were brothers for a reason. Or perhaps we are the same person? I've never seen me in the same room as you.

Should of went to the Hawks.

also I recall you posting about as many times in a thread as that hack Biggie what a s**t HoF recipient that player is.

I remember more, and an actual spine.

But no, Hawks only apparently take ex captain material to further drive them away from assisting the SFA in growing.

And all of a sudden the Gumbies are relevant again.

Given that we've been in commentary for most of the 2 season I've been back even when not involved, publicity and being front of mind with the SFA is not our problem, our problem was being s**t at qooty.

Fumbles was the real mastermind to the rise of the Furies from S23 to S24

QONVIyz.gif

I remember more, and an actual spine.

But no, Hawks only apparently take ex captain material to further drive them away from assisting the SFA in growing.

Us taking any player helps their former teams grow. Look at how I turned the Rats around.

It’s not any other teams responsibility to help the league grow above themselves though. You should be using us as a guideline on how to do it, the Hawks were in the same spot as the Gumbies five seasons ago. Be better and your players won’t leave, least of all halfway through a thread announcing their arrival.

You’re welcome for our Fred Medalist btw.

Super excited for this season.

Fryer is all class. Think that we have a posting group to bring this club to another level.

Can't wait to start.
If you manage to get them all the way up to the ground floor I’ll be astounded.

Us taking any player helps their former teams grow. Look at how I turned the Rats around.

It’s not any other teams responsibility to help the league grow above themselves though. You should be using us as a guideline on how to do it, the Hawks were in the same spot as the Gumbies five seasons ago. Be better and your players won’t leave, least of all halfway through a thread announcing their arrival.

You’re welcome for our Fred Medalist btw.

2 seasons, 2 captains of the one club to 1 club, which happens to be yours.

You're welcome to stop emulating an amoeba.

As long as you know I don't hold guns to anybody's head then we're ok.

I find it a tad touchy though, the amoeba stuff. I've worked hard to build a club people want to play for. The Hawks were near folding before I got there, why should I feel bad that the team isn't struggling any more? That the Gumbies haven't got there isn't the fault of anybody else in the league.

I used to be a Captain and came to the Hawks as well.
We have an exclusive coffee date every Wednesday morning, actually.
I'm look forward to getting an extra table added in the future.

As long as you know I don't hold guns to anybody's head then we're ok.

I find it a tad touchy though, the amoeba stuff. I've worked hard to build a club people want to play for. The Hawks were near folding before I got there, why should I feel bad that the team isn't struggling any more? That the Gumbies haven't got there isn't the fault of anybody else in the league.

I still have PM's from Hawks trying to pry me from the Gumbies, whilst serving as captain trying to rebuild the club. You know, back when it was basically Bucketts Rojo before his perma ban and me not knowing WTF was going on in a debut season.

This is why amoeba.

You lot are a disease to us trying to recover and I would very much like you to bugger off and focus on another clubs hierarchy.

I still have PM's from Hawks trying to pry me from the Gumbies, whilst serving as captain trying to rebuild the club. You know, back when it was basically Bucketts Rojo before his perma ban and me not knowing WTF was going on in a debut season.

This is why amoeba.

You lot are a disease to us trying to recover and I would very much like you to bugger off and focus on another clubs hierarchy.

Nah, the doctor said that rash would clear up... we are disease free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why amoeba.

No Hawk in my time at the club would even bother trying to recruit you mate and I'm in my fifth season. Perhaps it's from when you were relevant. Having a moan about somebody that tried to recruit you in Season 12 is sad.

Here's the deal mate. Noobz0r PM'd me about four games into his first season with you saying he should have taken my offer. It was essentially done then. The other captain you're talking about (I've honoured your captains request to not reveal until tomorrow so the Gumbies can do something they'd like to do) was recruited in about three minutes a week ago. Both are personal friends and both felt they had nothing more to offer the Gumbies and I offered them an out before they had nothing less to offer the league. Besides, nobody had a cry when the Gumbies ripped both out of the Rats lineup, did they?

It sounds completely soft of you for blaming other clubs for your players that don't want to stay there. Why would you want those players in your squad? And why would I refuse people that want to play in mine. Nobody owes the Gumbies anything. Nobody wants them to die either which is why we gave BRAB a handshake and offered him our best wishes when your team recruited from us.

Again, season 21 the Hawks were in worst state than the Gumbies are now. The right people came in and turned it around. Hopefully the same is happening now but if you think having stragglers and blokes phoning it in is going to save your club then it simply isn't. And having a melt certainly won't. You've spent three or four seasons defending your side, I've seen it. Time to get real.

Last edited:
No Hawk in my time at the club would even bother trying to recruit you mate and I'm in my fifth season. Perhaps it's from when you were relevant. Having a moan about somebody that tried to recruit you in Season 12 is sad.

Here's the deal mate. Noobz0r PM'd me about four games into his first season with you saying he should have taken my offer. It was essentially done then. The other captain you're talking about (I've honoured your captains request to not reveal until tomorrow so the Gumbies can do something they'd like to do) was recruited in about three minutes a week ago. Both are personal friends and both felt they had nothing more to offer the Gumbies and I offered them an out before they had nothing less to offer the league.

It sounds completely soft of you for blaming other clubs for your players that don't want to stay there. Why would you want those players in your squad? And why would I refuse people that want to play in mine. Nobody owes the Gumbies anything. Nobody wants them to die either which is why we gave BRAB a handshake and offered him our best wishes when your team recruited from us.

Again, season 21 the Hawks were in worst state than the Gumbies are now. The right people came in and turned it around. Hopefully the same is happening now but if you think having stragglers and blokes phoning it in is going to save your club then it simply isn't. And having a melt certainly won't. You've spent three or four seasons defending your side, I've seen it. Time to get real.

You've been particularly nippy lately mate. Are you ok?

History suggests you don't give a * about the struggling clubs. No point pretending that isn't true.

You've been particularly nippy lately mate. Are you ok?

History suggests you don't give a **** about the struggling clubs. No point pretending that isn't true.

I'm more than happy to help struggling clubs but their significance pales in comparison with the Hawks as far as my priorities go. And why wouldn't they?

I'm more than happy to help struggling clubs but their significance pales in comparison with the Hawks as far as my priorities go. And why wouldn't they?

Are you though? You don't really get to play both sides mate, you either give a * or you don't.

You chased rookies last season instead of letting them slip through to the struggling sides of the comp after the hawks were voted the best posting side in the comp.

Don't pretend you care and don't be upset when other clubs call you out on it.

#noteamleftbehind is dead and buried.

Are you though? You don't really get to play both sides mate, you either give a **** or you don't.

You chased rookies last season instead of letting them slip through to the struggling sides of the comp after the hawks were voted the best posting side in the comp.

Don't pretend you care and don't be upset when other clubs call you out on it.

#noteamleftbehind is dead and buried.

The rookies I brought in last season were all players I chased outside of the Sweet FA. One committed to us the season before.

If I’m going to lose high quality players I’m going to replace them. Complacency is why clubs fail.

That hashtag was buried the second I left admin and my priority wasn’t the league anymore but my team.

And for what it’s worth your new captain PM’d me last night and I gave him every single strategy I use for recruiting and how I built the Hawks list up from scratch. I’m not going to cry for teams that don’t help themselves but I’ve got no qualms in offering help where I can.

The rookies I brought in last season were all players I chased outside of the Sweet FA. One committed to us the season before.

If I’m going to lose high quality players I’m going to replace them. Complacency is why clubs fail.

That hashtag was buried the second I left admin and my priority wasn’t the league anymore but my team.

And for what it’s worth your new captain PM’d me last night and I gave him every single strategy I use for recruiting and how I built the Hawks list up from scratch. I’m not going to cry for teams that don’t help themselves but I’ve got no qualms in offering help where I can.

People like you who try to play both sides are why clubs fail.

Shame on you trying to rewrite history to me. We've been through so much.

When the gumbies are on top and the hawks are struggling hopefully we treat you better.

People like you who try to play both sides are why clubs fail.

Shame on you trying to rewrite history to me. We've been through so much.

When the gumbies are on top and the hawks are struggling hopefully we treat you better.

Everything I've said is stone cold fact. There's no sides to play, I recruit for my club, Fryer recruits for his. If i can give a new captain, one I like very much, a bit of guidance I will. My results speak for themselves so it's not like I'll be feeding him a dud.

How is the rookie recruiting btw? I noticed you guys only hit other clubs.

Everything I've said is stone cold fact. There's no sides to play, I recruit for my club, Fryer recruits for his. If i can give a new captain, one I like very much, a bit of guidance I will. My results speak for themselves so it's not like I'll be feeding him a dud.

How is the rookie recruiting btw? I noticed you guys only hit other clubs.

Don't pretend like you give a * about other clubs mate. That's all I'm saying.

You probably aren't paying attention then mate. If you have glance at our team thread you'll see that we've recruited an absolute gun from the lions board in Jivlain and the American neal09.

No wonder you're so scared for the future of your club with your toxic recruiting tactics, it'll come back to bite you one day.

Don't pretend like you give a **** about other clubs mate. That's all I'm saying.

You probably aren't paying attention then mate. If you have glance at our team thread you'll see that we've recruited an absolute gun from the lions board in Jivlain and the American neal09.

No wonder you're so scared for the future of your club with your toxic recruiting tactics, it'll come back to bite you one day.

Ask your captain if I'm pretending. I'm not going to actively seek out clubs though to help out, nobody does that.

And no, I'm not paying much attention, don't usually read team threads. Probably would have read a thread announcement, rookies love press as much as existing players.

The Hawks are going to be just fine for a very long time. Even if I moved on they're pretty concrete.

Ask your captain if I'm pretending. I'm not going to actively seek out clubs though to help out, nobody does that.

And no, I'm not paying much attention, don't usually read team threads. Probably would have read a thread announcement, rookies love press as much as existing players.

The Hawks are going to be just fine for a very long time. Even if I moved on they're pretty concrete.

Don't presume to understand the gumbies if you don't know the facts about our recruiting mate. Just makes you look silly.

You sent fryer a PM mate. Do you want a medal? You seem to harp on about that.

Gumbies a surging. Just accept it.

Don't presume to understand the gumbies if you don't know the facts about our recruiting mate. Just makes you look silly.

You sent fryer a PM mate. Do you want a medal? You seem to harp on about that.

Gumbies a surging. Just accept it.

I'm happy to humour you all night BRAB, I know how much you enjoy it.

I'm very happy for the Gumbies growing, I hope we can all look at the end of the season and compliment the teams that made strides forward. I can't stand match threads against inactive sides, they help nobody. It's neither here nor there though when I'm recruiting for the Hawks list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back