Feedback BigFooty Style Upgrade - Feedback and bugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're doing a good job.
giphy.gif

It would be harder to miss on mobile than PC - notices are on the screen when you open the site, taking up half of the first screen.

Perhaps there is some weird quirk that people are doing when they open the site on mobile that I am not aware of.

I will go and spend 10 grand on a UX study :) *

* May or may not be true.
When you scroll to the top of the screen on mobile, the box where the announcements were is the bottom 1/3 of the screen and honestly look like spam/ads with the constant cycling. I know they're not ads, but with their placement my eyes subconsciously ignore them.

I think there's an opportunity for you to get mods to spread the word about these changes during the feedback period through each board, even if it's just a mention in random chat threads. Or maybe it was just the Eagles mods that didn't do this.

The new Back To Top button is awesome. Feel like I'll find myself using that a lot. :thumbsu:

My muscle memory still keeps taking my cursor up to the same position "Watched Threads" has been in the last few years in the menu though, and now I keep clicking something else instead. It is akin to moving the FB notifications bar from the right to the left. When we changed from 'cool' to 'cool18' the order of these menu items changed for some reason.

If it's not too much to ask, could these please be re-ordered to the way they used to be?

Thanks. Screenshots for clarity below.

Where it's always been on 'cool'

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 22.41.48.png

Where it is now on 'cool18'

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 22.41.34.png

The new Back To Top button is awesome. Feel like I'll find myself using that a lot. :thumbsu:

My muscle memory still keeps taking my cursor up to the same position "Watched Threads" has been in the last few years in the menu though, and now I keep clicking something else instead. It is akin to moving the FB notifications bar from the right to the left. When we changed from 'cool' to 'cool18' the order of these menu items changed for some reason.

If it's not too much to ask, could these please be re-ordered to the way they used to be?

Thanks. Screenshots for clarity below.

Where it's always been on 'cool'

View attachment 529301

Where it is now on 'cool18'

View attachment 529302
That was done to get Watched visible on narrow responsive screens.

That nav will be killed I think. Watch this space.

When you scroll to the top of the screen on mobile, the box where the announcements were is the bottom 1/3 of the screen and honestly look like spam/ads with the constant cycling. I know they're not ads, but with their placement my eyes subconsciously ignore them.

I think there's an opportunity for you to get mods to spread the word about these changes during the feedback period through each board, even if it's just a mention in random chat threads. Or maybe it was just the Eagles mods that didn't do this.
Yep. Any kind of important announcement should be in a “you can’t miss it” bright red banner or something, not dull grey. Someone around here seems to be obsessed with grey. It’s weird and boring. Seriously.

And yes, we have been conditioned to subconciously ignore anything that looks like an ad. That doesn’t help.

Yep. Any kind of important announcement should be in a “you can’t miss it” bright red banner or something, not dull grey. Someone around here seems to be obsessed with grey. It’s weird and boring. Seriously.

And yes, we have been conditioned to subconciously ignore anything that looks like an ad. That doesn’t help.
Tone it down! Turn it up!

You can see the dilemma that advertising is avoided, but telling people about a site change is advertising.

The difference between the cool and cool18 style on scrolling and lag is crazy.. Im running Safari on 2016 MPB. Cool is smooth and fast, cool18 is extremely jerky and slow to scroll and browse. Its not as noticeable on chrome - stands out a lot on Safari.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also seem to be getting "Alert" notices in 2 positions.
I see it next to the "World" gfx for Alert but then also it appears next to my username on the top right.

As screen space is such a premium now with the new look, id remove the alert notification next to the username and just have it applied next to the legacy "world" icon.

The like, report, IP et al buttons have been addressed and are much better now.

Also, the bolded for Sub threads in the GFC board seems a little misleading. Not sure if intentional but the Cat Scan header is now bolded to indicate a new thread post in it, yet there are no new posts.

Can this revert to bolded only indicated new posts or is this an intentional change with bigger picture implications to follow?

Just my 2c.

The difference between the cool and cool18 style on scrolling and lag is crazy.. Im running Safari on 2016 MPB. Cool is smooth and fast, cool18 is extremely jerky and slow to scroll and browse. Its not as noticeable on chrome - stands out a lot on Safari.
MBP? MacBook Pro?

I'll check it out on my 2011 MacBook Pro. I sometimes use that in the evenings and I can't say I see much difference but I will try them one after the other. It's rubbish on Safari 5.17 for Windows, but that is their latest and final Safari for Windows version from God knows when.

Safari/Mac combo is probably one of our smallest audiences, but if I can get your browser version and screen dimensions I can check it out.

This is more a general thing but is it possible to get a "First Unread Post" button or whatever it is on mobile too? Use that pretty regularly on desktop.
The little blue dot? It is there on mobile.

I should make it bigger for mobile though.

Nah I mean the "Go to first unread post" that is usually above the first post on a page.
I found it - weird. Maybe it comes from an add-on. I will transplant it. Developer is off today but back to my expanding to do list tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back