Solved Pages reloading and other janky behaviour recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some ad is making the site almost unusable.
Get screenshots, send them to support@bigfooty.com with your device and browser details.

Try the site on a different device and/or browser and see if you get the same issue. Include those details in your email, too.

If you know how to, get the HTML code or tag for the ad, send it along, too. That helps narrow down the specific ad.

Can you try this URL and tell me if anything breaks? It's working for me now across browsers.

broken for me unfortunately - same as before, always scrolls back to the top of the screen

Latest Chrome and Win10
Can I ask if you have another browser on your machine you can test it on? It's puzzling as the developers can't reproduce it and fixes they introduce seem to have different levels of effect. It worked for me.

It should be blocked on Chrome given previous issues in any case.

That little stray HTML comment closing tag concerns me.

I found it and fixed it up.

This ad wouldn't let me go into the menu on s23. I had to reload from address bar as I couldn't swipe to reload.
The ad took over your browser and blocked its features?

That little stray HTML comment closing tag concerns me.

I found it and fixed it up.

The ad took over your browser and blocked its features?
I couldn't tap the menu button. Just bobbled and wouldn't open. You know the toc sidebar. Then I couldn't swipe to reload, I had to re-enter the address.

FYI I always load that page for my history as it's the first to show.

I keep getting this randomly Chief Sometimes on the Hawks board, sometimes the AFL main board.....

On my Macbook, using chrome.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 9.49.42 pm.png

Last edited:
I keep getting this randomly Chief Sometimes on the Hawks board, sometimes the AFL main board.....

On my Macbook, using chrome.

View attachment 1908875
Try this?

I can't use BF on my phone anymore. (safari)
Every time I hit the next page of a thread it reacts like I've clicked on an add.
It used to happen once, I'd reload, and then that would usually fix it, or at least by the second reload.
Pain in the arse but still useable eventually.
I just assumed a cheeky way for BF to generate more revenue.
This has been happening to me for months, but not every single occassion.

Now I can't change page at all and bakers delight has just had about 100 hits in a row and I'm never gonna buy their bread because it's terrible anyway :tearsofjoy:
Is your phone and browser all up to date?

Have you tried testing it on a different browser?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's as up to date as my phone allows it to be
Try getting Firefox and testing it on that? If it's an old phone on old software I don't know what can be done.

Bigfooty has been almost unusable for the last couple of weeks. Running chrome on android. It starts off ok but very quickly bogs down to the point where my browser freezes and locks up. Not sure but it seems ad related.
What browser version are you using? Is it up to date? Have you tried other browsers?

Latest version of chrome. Just deleted all my cookies and seems better so far, so we'll see how that goes 👍🏼
I paused the footer ad.

I will restart it - can you let me know if the issues start again?

I paused the footer ad.

I will restart it - can you let me know if the issues start again?

It's definitely still farked for me. Particularly when typing. Randomly freezes up, sometimes unfreezes when I tab away and back, sometimes the browser just crashes.

Tried the Huawei browser instead and it's still running like s**t. Ads popping up and you get flinged all over the joint.

Latest version of chrome. Just deleted all my cookies and seems better so far, so we'll see how that goes 👍🏼
So it stopped.
It's definitely still farked for me. Particularly when typing. Randomly freezes up, sometimes unfreezes when I tab away and back, sometimes the browser just crashes.

Tried the Huawei browser instead and it's still running like s**t. Ads popping up and you get flinged all over the joint.
Then started again?

So it stopped.

Then started again?

I think it probably didn't stop, it was just that I hadn't hit that particular ad again yet.

I definitely reckon it's related to a particular ad, and I think it's those ones that embed in the middle, where you have to scroll right through them. The banner ones seem fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back